could someone clarify?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by withnoapologies, Nov 5, 2003.

withnoapologies

withnoapologies Well-Known Member

ok, several times after meteora was released people have been saying that it is "exactly like hybird theory." Also, i have heard many times from people that "nobody's listening" is the worst song on the cd. the reason? well, many people say because it is "so unlike the rest of the album"

Now i go back to my first sentence. so many people are mad that meteora is hybrid theory with different song titles, then when something completely different like nobody's listening is out, everyone is mad because it is not like linkin park, or how they have always done things. so i have concluded that many(not everyone) people want linkin park to stay the same and not be in the slightest different. And yet, no one is pleased with meteora because it is the same. So could someone please explain to me what they want in the next album? another album, pactically the same as what they have done before, or a linkin park evolved that takes risks and does different things as shown in nobody's listening? (i am trying not to critisize linkin park, the people that are reading this, or myself.... i am just trying to make a point.)

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Meteora is what you want it to be. Who cares what other people think, that's their problem. Meteora is nothing like Hybrid Theory, it's completely unique. Don't let morons like that make you think that Meteora is another HT because it isn't

Taylor Hewitt

Taylor Hewitt Well-Known Member

Both albums are amazing, may the be the same or different.

Myself, don't think they are the same. They may have similarities but you can't say they are the same.

Nobodys Listening is a wicked rap song, I think they were just trying out that, and seeing what they can do.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

it was the critics that started that crap, they are nothing alike, at least meteora did well in sales, critics are bashing lb's new album with a hammer because its 'cool', and look at the dismisal sails

figure9

figure9 Well-Known Member

not the same, its just meteora isnt as unique as hybrid theory was when it came out.