LPA SPOTLIGHT: Submissions Thread

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Hellions

Hellions Banned

2. silverkx2000

silverkx2000 Member

3. ediket

ediket New Member

4. ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

5. obiwanws2

obiwanws2 Well-Known Member

The timing of some of the instruments area a little off. Mainly the drums I think. Try to hit that guitar with some compression and spreading it out to the sides. Good idea though.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  6. InStereo

InStereo Well-Known Member

7. ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

thank you for your comment, I appreciate that!

8. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Someone actually reposted my EXACT video on youtube of my remix LOL. I have a fan!

9. Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

You already know I liked it. I hope you get more votes =)

10. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Some great remixes posted in here guys. Don't worry if yours isn't on the front page right away, we have a short-list we are working through and yours may appear today, tomorrow or a couple days from now!

Also, if you're posting, try to include a youtube link along with your voting link if possible, as it seems some people have had trouble accessing the links to just the voting page for some crazy reason.

11. JanV

JanV New Member

12. yuda_yagami

yuda_yagami Jeager

13. obiwanws2

obiwanws2 Well-Known Member

Hold up there man. Did anyone on here trash your remix? The only thing they said was that because of the vocals, it probably won't be allowed. The rules say that and even the FAQ says that. There is no need to start lambasting another poster's version.

And it is funny that you mention the little kids posting creating secondary accounts and voting for themselves. If your numbers are correct, it would take a lot more than secondary accounts to get people that many votes. And secondly, aren't you violating the same principle by have you 200,000 or whatever myspace friends vote for you just because they are friends on myspace. You talk about creativity and passion and you just stated that you are going to use your popularity to win. Look in the mirror man.

14. Joe

Wow. Are you serious? Really? I don't think I've ever come across such an arrogant post in my whole time here. Are you really that full of yourselves that you have to come into a Linkin Park Fan Forum and shit on other remixes? Seriously? I don't think I've seen you post one positive about any other remix out there, other than your own of course.

Accusing Alex of cheating has got to be the funniest part of your post. You do realize Alex is a well-known member of the LP community, who people have known for years because of his covers and own music? I'm fairly sure Alex & his "teenage friends" don't need to make fake emails to gain votes. That made me laugh hard. People know Alex because of his association to Linkin Park, nobody in the LP community had even heard of you guys until this contest came along funnily enough. It's not hard to comprehend why he has more votes. After all, it is a Linkin Park contest.

The fact that you are mad over somebody being ahead of you in votes really adds to the arrogance in your posts. Are you seriously that mad over being 9th that you come here to talk shit about it? Hahahaha. what happened to respect and modesty? Fair enough give constructive criticism but there's no need to talk down to everybody else, it's been getting really old really fast.

All you've done is sign up to LP Forums to spam your band and your remix. Trust me we know it's "possibly the best Catalyst remix ever!". We know. You've told us on numerous occasions. Once is enough. I'm sick of your high and mighty attitude towards other remixes, and other people. I'm pretty sure we won't see you guys around here once the contest ends and that's fine. In the mean time getting mad at other participants, that's what's ridiculous. Please go and rely on your 200,000 MySpace fans instead of spamming your remix here every chance you get because trust me, we already know yours is obviously the best. For something you say you don't really care about, you don't half come across mad. Maybe it would be best if you just stop posting here now if this is the attitude you have towards everybody else.

Thank you.

<3

15. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

This post is pathetic.

//

Working on my mix currently. Will have it uploaded before the deadline. It's the 18th, right?

16. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Hmmm. I'm hesitant to give my opinion of work I initially thought was good but after later listens , just don't like. So instead I'm going to apologize for going off topic and yet still ask how Louis got that kickass member title and colour.

Louis how did you get that kick ass member title and colour?

17. Joe

OMG HAX?! I.P tracing? lol, that's funny, bro. You do realize that there will always be politics with a voting system like this one, right? It's not cheating, that's just how it is. Alex is more well known, has more LP fans behind him and is just more popular in the places you're trying to promote yourselves. Deal with it, don't cry about it. It's funny that in the place you say is made for "kids of a young age", you come across as the most childish of everyone.

Have fun in the studio, and thanks for dropping by. :wave:

18. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

DS:

Nah, you don't care. You don't care sooo much that you spend your time signing up on message boards, spamming your link all to hell, and ripping apart other people's remixes. How do you expect people to like you when you come across as such a tyrannical, condescending, arrogant person? Great reflection of your band, i'm sure you'll get tons of fans with that high-and-mighty attitude. You had a nice head-start out of the gate, but now that more remixes are coming out and bringing you back down to Earth, you're childlishly going out of your way to rip on the work of others, who spent probably as much, if not more time, working on their remixes out of their love for the band, not for publicity *ahem*. Absolutely pathetic.

One more disrespectful post and I'll see to it that you are banned and every trace of your existence on these forums, including links to "the best remix ever", will be forever erased.

19. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

And for the record, Alex cannot win the contest anyways because he's from the UK. The rules state that only people from the US over the age of 18 can enter. That's why we're holding the 3-way contest right now on our site, because WB royally effed up the rules when they made this contest, shutting out about 90% of the world from having a chance.

And it's a huge shame too because Alex's remix is good, but ultimately...the person picked will be from the US and there's nothing he, we, or you can do about it.

Now please, grow up...or I'll see to it that Mark's promise above gets carried out swiftly.

20. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Oh, well, you should see my signature. Those four words pretty much explain it. ;)