LPA SPOTLIGHT: Submissions Thread

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

:lol: I like it way more than Jesse's signature, haha.

2. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Well it says a lot about the person who made my signature then.. :p

Dun hurt me Joe!
    ----
    I don't like the vocals on Alex's remix, sorry I just don't feel it like I did when I first listened to it.

Don't attack me now.. I've a right to my own opinion. :lol:

3. DaveCNewton

DaveCNewton The Newtonator

To DS: My mix is better than yours...

To LPA: Hello again guys!

My second version of the mix is up on youtube and has also been officially submitted. Here are both links respectively

YOUTUBE VERSION

Official Entry

Once again I'd like to thank everyone on here for support, also i do appreciate the critical comments i received, they were all taken into consideration when i was adjusting my mix. The second version has more or less the same idea's and old LP theme, but I've tried to add elements where i feel the mix is getting repetitive. I've also tried to give it more of an original feel, especially with the solo section and the guitar runs in the last chorus. Other adjustments were exactly that, just slight timing corrections and volume corrections, which included another layer of distortion guitars with a boosted high frequency to really get a full frequency range in the distortion. I'm happy with the way it's turned out and i hope you will be too.

I haven't got anywhere near the man power, (FB / Myspace) friends like my good friend 'DangerSilent' is relying upon, so the contest for me is going to be fair, If you want to vote for me then i would be really grateful!

The voting link again is http://www.indabamusic.com/submissions/show/22542

Thanks a lot guys, really
    Dave

4. Joe

I will edit both links into your featured post on the front page.

5. obiwanws2

obiwanws2 Well-Known Member

Damn, that's gonna beat the crap out of my submission. My one question is in regards the guitar layers. How many did you end up using? Plus I don't know if it is just me, but there seems to be a lot of noise in the higher ranges on the guitar sound. I know it is your final version, but I would trim that back a little. Other then that, nice mixing, a vast improvement over the first attempt.

6. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Wow, vast improvement. Very nice! I agree with the guitar noise, but it's very masterfully done.

7. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

I'm with Derek. You really deserve to be high up in ranking. Plenty of people that don't know rhythm or pitch are waaaay up there. So I'm voting for you dude!

8. InStereo

InStereo Well-Known Member

I think that Alex came up with a very great remix. I don't know if it's the best out there, but its great and I dont think that he has do vote with fake-accounts as he's got a big fanbase on youtube.

I really think that the remix of that other band is good as well. But let me tell you that I never ever came across the name of his band before this contest.. But I already knew who Alex is -and I'm from Germany.

We shouldn't bash other musicians just because they've got kind of a bigger fanbase... and unfortunately this is what you are doing. Instead of being grateful for the opportunity you have you destroy everything by writing such nonsense-comments.

Personally, I dont listen to music of arrogant musicians. Sorry, but you are no rockstar, you are not Linkin Park and... you are not at the top of the list.

@ Alex I really like what you are doing and I wouldnt be sad if you win the contest.

Last but not least I want you to check out my stream :D

http://www.indabamusic.com/submissions/show/22121

thanks a lot :headbang:

9. zwieR.Z.

zwieR.Z. Well-Known Member

Nope:

10. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I thought DS's mix was good but with his attitude I can't see his band making it anywhere.

Alex's was also great, I'd like to see him featured on the front page here (though I worry that because he is already in first, the staff may not choose him).

11. Joe

Don't worry, we're not really taking voting position into account. There's a few remixes posted earlier in this thread that we've had our eyes on, and we'll be running this everyday until the 25th, so there's plenty of time to get featured. :)

12. GigaScythe

GigaScythe Well-Known Member

For sure. Since there are literally hundreds up on the Indaba site it's a bit overwhelming to go through them all (I don't envy LP) - can't wait to see the mixes you guys pick.

I've heard a couple that have a lot of orchestration - that kind of thing really appeals to me. I'm hopeless at that so I didn't try it but I see there are some fantastic ones that use it out there.

13. Joe

Yeah, definitely, the end result will be really interesting. I don't envy LP either, must be a tough choice for them. I guess the same goes for us too, as we don't know exactly what they're looking for, I guess we can only try our best and do our own thing! Haha.

I also find the orchestration pieces appealing, it's good that we have that diversity from one ripping out a huge face melter to a more subtle understated approach, haha. Hopefully we can showcase that variety in the choices we post on the front page too. I look forward to more people posting in here and hopefully giving us something interesting we can post down the line.

14. DaveCNewton

to obiwanws2:

Well there were 4 guitar tracks on each left and right channels and the bass dead center. Sent all of these signals to a buss loaded with heavy compression and slight widening and maximizing. I find that the key is heavy compression on the buss instead of the individual tracks, it makes it much tighter with a much louder perceived volume. I think the high frequency is a little bit of Youtube's poor audio along with my slight boost EQ between 7 and 10Khz, Originally it never sounded that hissy but it still works (i hope!)

15. DaveCNewton

I reckon they might release an LPU10 album with some of the best remixes on it, as i think picking just one from the pit is virtually impossible, There are some real cool electronic laid back mixes and then you hear something on the complete other end of the scale. I would definitely buy a seperate album with some of the popular remixes on it!

16. 6stringslinger

6stringslinger New Member

17. Derek

So you act arrogant and disrespect a member again, despite us asking you to start showing others respect...and then try to cover that up with an apology "to the rest of us"? Do you really think that's going to change how you've acted around here? It's not.

Something you fail to grasp is that in this day and age, you can't make it big being a total arrogant jerk with a rock star ego because that doesn't cut it anymore. You treat your listeners and your fans like shit and they're just going to turn their backs on you. Why? Because times have changed. In the era before the internet, when bands had to rely on touring and radio promotion to make it big...nobody cared if you were a nice guy or a jerk because they were just there for the music.

Not anymore.

Now, you have messageboards...chat rooms, myspace, facebook, twitter etc and many other ways to communicate, people want a connection with the band they're listening to. People want to be able to reach out and talk to the bands that inspire them, and only the truly level-headed and RESPECTFUL bands are the ones who make it. Why do you think bands like Linkin Park have made it so big? Because even though they're the highest selling rock act of the 21st century, they still act like they're a new band and treat their fans with respect, talking to them as much as possible. They don't have an ego/arrogant attitude towards people and treat everyone humbly and with respect.

You however, act like your music is the second coming of Christ and like everyone has to bow down before you and your unbelievable musical talent. When people try to tell you they don't think your remix is that good, you trash the hell out of their remix...or in one case on another site...question their knowledge of mixing/studio equipment and try to belittle them as lower than you because you're the god of remixes and nobody can do better than you.

Here's some news for you: people have done better than you in this competition, and you're far from being the best remix available out there. When you first joined LPA, despite your remix blatantly disregarding the rules, we were considering featuring you because you had heavy fan support. Fan support that has quickly eroded due to your ego.

Yes you can sing, and the music is appealing to the ear...but all you've done is add instruments and sing the lyrics in a different vocal pattern. You haven't tried to change the genre of the song (like many people here have) and while I will say it's certainly in the top 10 remixes made, it's definitely not "the best".

So I'll ask you again, and one final time: Please get a grip...drop the ego, and start being humble. Because your attitude will get you nowhere in the music business. 200,000 fans is nothing when you can have MILLIONS by being nice to your fans/new listeners and not being an arrogant, disrespectful jerk.

So please, come back down to earth oh mighty one.

18. SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Wow. Some people need to relax

19. Derek

I'm hoping you don't mean me. :lol:

20. adichim

adichim Member

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010