The Advice Thread (formerly GSYWTLO)

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Derek, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Yeah I know...and both my aunt and gramma talked to the person and thought he sounded exactly like my brother. So I dunno. But for real....there are definitely some baaaad people out there. It's awful. I'm glad to hear you were smart enough to not be scammed!

2. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Maybe someone should hire a Private Investigator.. Really it's not fair for scum like that to get away with their bullshit. And if they did it to your family there's a 90% they are doing it to someone else also. I'm sorry :hug:

3. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Okay this isn't asking for advice or anything, it's rather more venting about these past few days what happened to Mia which sent me into various crying fits.

3 am.
    Mia wakes up screaming. Ben picks her up and tries to give her a bottle, she refuses for half an hour continues to scream. She's handed over to me and try to calm her down. I eventually give her a bottle and she takes it. Ten minutes later she projectile vomits her stomach. So thinking that's ok, I'll try to refill her stomach, she takes the bottle. Projectile vomits again, goes into screaming fits. Calm her down and she goes to sleep eventually 45 minutes later.

7 am.
    Mia wakes up again. So Ben goes and feeds her. Halfway through the feed (what I was told because Ben was on the couch I was trying to sleep) she goes into a choking fit. She coughs up blood, blood pours out of her mouth and nose, goes all over Ben's crappy Pollet shirt and her bib. She rolls her eyes back, white as a ghost, and passes out. Ben comes rushing into the room screaming "I THINK MIA'S DEAD!" I shoot up hold Mia, she's now awake in my arms, still bleeding, and I yell at him to call 000 (Australian's version of 911). Ben scrambles to find a phone, his phone is dead, the landline's dead, can't find my phone, so I know that 000 can be called from any working mobile whether it has a sim in it or not, so I tell him to find his old phone which I charged the previous night cos I was taking photos of myself on it. Talk to the operator, tells us to keep her awake cos she could go into shock, and that an ambulance will be here soon. So trying to keep her awake with musical toys. The ambulance officers arrive to only tell us that they can't do anything for infants and kids, and that we will be taken to the hospital. I wrapped Mia in a blanket, found a jacket, found her Blue Book (Medical records) and went. No shoes, no wallet, no phone, just bolted.

9 am.
    After sitting with Mia in the Emergency Department on her bed, we got told the nosebleed was because of the flu. I know she had a cough about her but everytime I fret and go to the doctor's I get told not to worry. So they decide that they've found something in her chest and that she will go for an xray and blood will be taken.

11 am
    She goes for an xray. I called my parents up by now, basically crying because I didn't know what was wrong. We're still waiting for paediatrician to arrive.

12 pm
    Was told to leave her bedside to get food for myself by nurses, because I by then, hadn't eaten anything. Also, they were going to draw blood and that she would go into a screaming fit. I come back from downstair's canteen, to see that four people, two nurses and two doctors have to pin her down to get blood out of her.

1 pm
    My brother and father have arrived now, because the only number I remembered off by heart was my stepdad's landline, no one answered and went automatically to his phone at work, so my stepdad Steven had to ring everyone. By now her xrays had come and the paediatrician had arrived with his Nike backback and smirk look. They decided to put a arm bar in her hand so that they wouldn't have to keep re-piercing her skin to get blood. That was extremely hard for me to see her cry like that. I just remember standing over her patting her head, telling her it was alright, crying myself, while my brother and dad tried to calm me down. Then after we had given her a bottle and calmed her down, the paediatrician 'Ken' invited us over to look at the results of the xrays. What was it? They didn't know but something was in her right lung. "Either devoured milk that went the wrong way or pneumonia. We have to admit her." *headbangs* I don't have any clothes, I don't have any money, I don't have anything!

So I stay with her for the entire night full of screaming, wind stuck, me crying on the phone to one of my friends Candice, not knowing what to do because I'm that stressed. Had to be moved to a private ward because Mia was screaming and was constantly up and down. I stayed with her the entire hospital trip, taking every now and then trips to the canteen and outside to have a cigarette, and talk on the phone. So the doctor concluded after being admitted to hospital on Saturday, that she indeed had pneumonia but lacked the general symptoms (fever etc) and the xray was the only thing that showed that she had pneumonia.

*sigh* I've been through a lot these past few days.

4. Arlene

Oh Sarah, that's absolutely awful. I'm so sorry to hear that. That must have been so terrifying for you :( Will she be okay?

5. Gloomy Mushroom

Yeah she got discharged last night with oral antibiotics. We've got a clinic check up in a week. She's still feeling miserable, I'm feeling miserable because of her screaming fits.

6. Fox

Fox Love & Trolls LPA Super Member

Oh wow Sarah, that's really bad. I hope she gets better soon and the same for you. I can't imagine going through something like that as a sister, let alone as a mother. Hope everything turns out just fine.

------------

So, I can't make sense out of life sometimes...
    Last week, I was so happy for having the job of my dreams for being 18 years old. I already have been working for the company for 3 months and was making $16 and fulltime and all the benefits and what not. Then, a simple call to HR by an ignorant 17 year old girl who used to work with me ruined everything and I literally got fired because this girl didn't like me. Hater much? Even the termination file said "Employee is to be fired and separated from the company because of HR complains about personal likings". LEGIT. Like wtf, I have never been fired. EVER, and then you are going to fire me for that? What does that have to do with anything for God's sake.

Then 5 days later, I get a call from my previous' company district manager saying she would love for me to go back with the company and that I could start right away, meaning this Sunday coming up, but she only offered to pay me $9.50/hr doing the same thing I did from the company I just got fired. So I take it because I'm desperate, I went to the store and signed my life away.... THEN two days later I get a job offer at a exporting office, which they only offered to pay me $8.00 and I would be working full-time.

So now I don't know what to do and what's best anymore. I'm still in shock I got fired from Puma anyways, like WTF. And I have decided to leave to Orlando in January and feel like total crap because I need both jobs in the meantime while I move but at the same time I feel bad taking both jobs, just to be later on "heey, screw you guys. I'm leaving". And tuition for school is due on August, which stupid Florida changed Bright Future Scholarship policies so it won't cover all my costs 100% anymore :(

I don't know what to do. Help. :huh:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  7. Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

Fox: If there's any higher ups you can talk to regarding the termination file and the reason why.. Tell her that "HR complains about personal likings" is not a legitimate reason to fire a person. Why? It has no merit as to fire you!

Do whats best for your time and energy. There is only so many hours in a week, and you're going to be going into college. Would parents help pay for tuition? Get any scholarships you can quickly achieve? Financial - aid?

For your job, Good luck.

----
    @Sarah
    Wow. I'm so sorry to hear you've been through pretty much hell with your dear baby. :( Thankfully, she's better now with anti-biotics.
    Sounds pretty scary too >_<
    ----

@Arlene. WHOAA. I'm so sorry to hear that your poor grandma was scammed. My best idea tells me that you should hire someone to see if they can trace the call, or failing that, be way way more secure.

8. Fox

Fox Love & Trolls LPA Super Member

@ Theazninvasion68:

Thanks sweetie, and no, my parents will not help me pay tuition simpy because they don't have the money to begin with and I do in fact help pay their bills when possible. So in the meantime, I'm working 20 hours a week as a manager for the company I signed the contract with and I will just go from there.

--------------------

So, I absolutely like this guy that I dated for 3 months and he was the most amazing guy I have dated since. Unfortunately, he moved away to Orlando about a month ago and he clearly told me he did not want any long distance relationship. But of course, I still havent to this day got over the kid and now I can't help but to think of him even when I'm trying to date other guys and see what else is out there. It's gotten to the point where I call these other guys by his name (Halston). So I'm stuck. There are not rights or lefts, forwards or backwards. It's like everytime I try to do something all I end up doing it's to replay all of our memories together. I want him back. I want him just for me even though he's away. I don't care anymore about the long distance thing. I feel like I've been looking for him for a long time now just to let him go. :(

What could I do even if he just doens't want anything? Ugh.

9. Gloomy Mushroom

@Fox

All I can say is if you twos don't feel the same about each other there's no point in the relationship. I myself don't believe in long distance relationships because of all the bad experiences I've had with those types of relationships. *hugs*

I REALLY hate it when that chick cracks onto my fiancee. His friend from High School asked Ben out the other day full on knowing that he is engaged (wears his engagement ring everywhere) and he said no. Tries to ask him to the pub to get him drunk and sleep with him - like she's tried before but I was on the scene. So I went off my head at her after being told that she will go to any lengths to get what she wants. She has never lived the term "Survival" she gets fed everything she wants, owns her house, owns her own car - all of what her parents have paid for and the only thing she pays herself is the bills.

WE SURVIVE EVERYDAY! WE DON'T MILK OFF OUR PARENTS! I have a fucking child to feed, bath, and clothe, and stupid people like her get fed everything by her millionaire parents. Whatever she has wanted she got. I wanted a barbie when I was 5, I never got it because my parents couldn't afford it. SAME WITH BEN! Minus the Barbie part.

She has totally denied everything but I've seen the texts. I hate people like her.

10. Switchback

Switchback Well-Known Member

Apologies for being a little off topic, but what's GSYWTLO?

11. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

It was the former title of this thread - 'Got Something You Want To Let Out?' :)

12. Switchback

Switchback Well-Known Member

Thank you.

13. Gloomy Mushroom

Okay seriously I am getting tired of neighbours calling the cops on one another. Especially when they came up to me at the bus stop and start abusing me saying that I called the cops on her son. APPARENTLY this is what happened.
    The kids across the road from them egged their house and Jesse took chase. Then I called the cops on Jesse - despite having NO knowledge of this incident until today.
    The only time I've called the cops is on the guys behind us for their party they decided to hold at 11 pm.
    Yes the kids were on my front lawn and they were yelling and swearing at 8 at night calling each other cunts and little shits (these kids were like 6). Jesse was there telling them to shut up.
    I didn't call no cops. I was on the phone to my best friend in Sydney.
    And saying shit like everyone has been saying it was me - despite the names mentioned I rang up and asked them and they denied and I really doubt that couple would say shit.
    FML. So my neighbour is going to talk to her cos she ain't going to listen to my defence.

14. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Sarah - stab them. :D Joking.

15. Arlene

My poppy passed away this morning :(. He had been sick for a while...my mom, gramma, aunt and uncle took care of him at home. He went from hospital bed to comfy chair everyday...so I knew that he wasn't well... But everyday he whistled and would still sometimes be able to respond when you asked how he was today, so I didn't think he would die so soon. I'm sad...but feel guilty because I distanced myself from him to avoid the pain when he finally did pass, and now I wish I hadn't. I can't go back to give him another hug and tell him that I do love him.
    But I guess it was a long time coming. Hopefully wherever he is he can find release. RIP my poppy :(

16. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

:( I'm sorry to hear that Arlene. :hug:

17. TOVhumanoid

TOVhumanoid Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry. I hope you still don't feel guilty about what happened. You loved him, and that makes him happy enough.

Do well, and bless him.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  18. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I'd like an honest appraisal of something if that's ok.

Is it really that hard sometimes to tell whether I'm joking or just being a prick? Every now and then I get told that's the case and it kind of bothers me. I know it's a bit different online, but anyone?

19. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I think anyone that can't tell when you're being sarcastic is dense as hell.
    Just like the people who can't tell when I'm sarcastic. Which is, you know, about 98% of the time.

20. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I dunno. I can be really dry (durr hurr) so maybe it is hard to read me and what my intentions are sometimes. It'd suck if I'm unintentionally pissing people off or giving them a bad impression of me, just because of my sense of humour.