2010 Album: How do you want it to be?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by VorteXLP, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Ace31

Ace31 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying it does come with age or wealth, but I do find it hard to believe that in their 30's they feel exactly the same as they did when they were in their 20's. I think that as they have matured with age, starting families, and success their lyrics should also mature beyond feelings of insecurities and sadness. Like I said, I don't expect the lyrics to be all sunshines and rainbows, but I do expect them to show how they have matured over the years and show how they see things differently now then they did 10 years ago.

2. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

No problemo.

3. colinreid

colinreid Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for less quiet songs more heavy guitar riffs, loud screaming and more rapping! In other words I'm hoping they would go the same direction as they did with HT and Meteora but with 10x more awesome.

4. xxspuckxsorrisxx

xxspuckxsorrisxx Living Things

Obviously, we all want Mike rapping again. We want Chester screaming a little. We want meaning. Id like to see Rob on the keys.

5. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Actually I can go without the screaming.

6. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I want something experimental with this album. Something that is going to make me say HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME!! Give me a Linkin Park sound with a major twist.

7. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I think it would be sweet if they had one song that was like a Dedicated/Step up/High Voltage kind of song which was ON THE ALBUM AND NOT A B-SIDE. Hands Held High was a little too soft to accomplish this (I still love that song though).

Mikes voice in the Catalyst is fine, but I would find it annoying if he had that sort of voice in, say half the songs. In general I'm not a fan of completely altering someones voice but I'm cool with it if it's just in a couple songs. If MS is gonna sing more, I want it to be like NRL and Carry Me Away. And of course Mike needs to rap more. Also Joe needs to scratch more often. Chester's screaming isn't a priority to me but it would be nice if he did. I'm sure LP is gonna release an amazing record and hopefully get Grammy recognition!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  8. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I like how everyone is comparing their ideas to past LP songs but I on the other hand really want something completely new just like how LP has been proclaiming the new album. I remember the first time I heard LP and it was the most insane and coolest sounds I had ever heard. It had been something new and I loved it. Now I want that again but I'd prefer a futuristic electronic edge to it all. That's something I've wanted for a long time. As an example, I'd like a sonic sound of session, LOATR Remix, bridge of new divide, and that promo ATS vid all mixed on top of one another with more new sounds. That would be the best!

9. Shark Attack

Shark Attack Well-Known Member

Experimental please

10. Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

Let me be honest here....

I just want 12 tracks. For close to 3 years we've just been having bits and pieces coming from Linkin Park, that a 12-track album would be a godsend no matter how it actually sounds!

11. Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

I want to here New Divide with rapping.

12. InStereo

InStereo Well-Known Member

i wanna hear something experimental.. something like LTGYA. I think its the best song they ever made... I dont care whether it sounds soft or heavy, whether its electronic or with banging guitars, singing/rapping...

I think they need to risk something, they need inconventional song-structures, progressive songs and great lyrics.

That's what I wanna hear.

13. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Win. End Thread.

14. StoneyLodge

StoneyLodge New Member

Better than MTM is all that I ask for.

15. Libertad

Libertad New Member

I want to hear sounds I have never heard before melted together to create a cool melody. 5/4 time signature for the whole album just for fun lol. And the greatest guitar solo of all time.

That's totally gonna happen right?

16. eim.kasp

eim.kasp Member

I think there will be lot of electro sound but in general i expect some heavy stuff too :)

17. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Looks like you've got what you want. ;)

18. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

plus a little more :lol:

19. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

A nice blend of their HT / Meteora sound with the MTM sound, with completely new elements as well. For example, Slipknot's All Hope is Gone or Avenged Sevenfold's Nightmare. Not saying I want it to sound like that, I just think that those two bands perfected their sound with those albums, which is what I'd like to hear from LP.

20. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

If some of you are hoping that this is a LP album where they take all they are good at and make a record. Then be ready to be disapointed because LP is still not finish redefining there sound. I think we gonna have somthing new and uniqe on this record.