New The Catalyst Preview on YouTube

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I'm pretty sure it's "Will we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns", and the last part is "the sins of our father". Other than that your guess is as good as mine.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

You guys use the term "techno" very loosely. =P

I dunno how I feel about the clip yet. But we should have the full song soon anyway.

clay-end

clay-end Well-Known Member

just hold ur horses people....we cant judge the whole song by listening to a 30 second clip.....i m sure that when the full song comes out everyone will be like "THIS IS THE SHIT"........and did anyone notice tht maybe some scenes from the video of the catalyst are being played in the background =S

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
    A.06

A.06 Well-Known Member

What the hell? That sounded very different from what I thought it would sound like. I like it!

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

I really don't know what to make of it. Idk :/

murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

Agreed!!!

it seems to be the beginning of the song...it will grow into something bigger and I guess with guitars and everything!!!

Didn´t like at the first (kinda of shocked Lol) but now I like it a bit...let´s hear the full track and then we can give the discussion it demands :headbang:

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

LMAO whoever saying thats techno is wacked.. I Work for clubs in montreal and im pretty sure what techno is and thats not it..and clearly thats not techno. Its just more of an upbeat tempo and song.
    This is wat i wanted from LP something new and fresh and something that i didnt expect. Its a change from, verse chorus verse chorus bridge chorus with guitar intro and always the same. Dont get me wrong i love LP no matter WHAT they do its just nice to hear something completely different.

Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

The two snippets of The Catalyst sound very different from each other. I'm guessing this is the beginning of the song and that first snippet is the chorus. I can't wait to see how the whole thing sounds like.

BongKong

BongKong Well-Known Member

I'm really not into the 30 secs they chose. I have a feeling there will be a much better clip during the x games.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

I like it a lot, am quite excited to hear the whole thing now. Is it just the techno vibe of the song that makes most of you not like it? I'm actually in love with this lol I'm glad to hear Joe back on the songs as well

AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

Yes, "will we burn inside..." is right, or at least sounds more right after you said that and i listened again lol
    so it would go sins of our hand, sins of our tongue, the sins of our fathers, the sins of our sons....

Between what we heard from this preview and the stems, i am REALLY liking the lyrical direction this song is taking :) :)
    t

Kyurthich

Kyurthich Boop

Sounds like a breakdown section to me. It feels like a build up just occurred and now they will break it down and start with it again.

That is my take.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

This is just... wow. I mean I still can't quite grasp this. It sounds so bleh to me

spraypaintnink

spraypaintnink Banned

lol. How would you classify it then?

Jacob

Jacob Guest

It sounds... interesting. I'm really hoping there will be some "good old LP" on this album, I mean it sounds kinda cool but I don't like the direction this is going.

I was going to go and buy the CD and listen to it in one go, but I'm actually starting to consider listening to it online first before I buy the album or maybe just some of the songs.

I guess I'll just have to hear to more of the song, I can't judge how the whole thing will sound based on this and the 10 second snippet.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

you know what? Though this choice is obviously risky as a single, but you can't tell me that this shit isn't catchy!

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I just listened again and I'm really digging it! I think this track is going to be awesome. I can't wait to see the epic video that goes with this beast.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

It's definitely not techno. Electronic, in a sense. Not techno. There IS a difference in genre. Techno would be say, Darude's Sandstorm.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Just because it has an uptempo beat doesn't make it techno. There's nothing techno about this.

It's more synthpop than anything else.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

*raves*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.