New The Catalyst Preview on YouTube

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jrocksz23

Jrocksz23 Member

i like the clip, sounds amazing! =D

2. erasus

erasus Well-Known Member

give me reason
    to prove me wrong
    to wash this memory clean
    Let the floods cross
    the distance in your eyes

Give me reason
    to fill this hole
    connect the space between
    Let it be enough to reach the truth that lies
    Across this new divide

nuf said :p

3. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

I have this feeling that it will be an industrial then rock breakdown type single.

I like it...

ALOT.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  4. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

they are VERY VERY VERY risky x10000....this is a great clip but they defiently took a huge risk with this one..cant wait for the entire song..i am likin it so far!

5. Vic

Vic No game no life

This is just EPIC, I don't understand how people is dissapointed, no one can expect something about this album.. So there's no reason to be dissapointed. You knew that this album was going to be different in every way! Come on! Let it grow on you :)

6. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

K.

On to the adult conversation, the more I listen to this snippet, the more I like it. I still wish the drum beat was less...cliché? Either way, the long bass note in the second half sounds great.

7. usblackbird

usblackbird Well-Known Member

I am very, very intrigued. Can't wait to hear the whole thing. So now we've pretty much heard every member in this song except brad (unless he's playing a keyboard or some other instrument...).

8. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

A Thousand Facepalms.

9. raveno

raveno Member

I would like to say a few things before my opinion.
    1.- first of all, remember that it is only a PREVIEW of the song, and the song is like 5:46, so i think 30 seconds aren't representative of the whole song.
    2.- remember that there's is another PREVIEW that sounded like HHH, which proves now with this new clip that "The Catalyst" is going to be really dynamic and diverse.
    3.- to the people who still complaining about why Linkin Park doesn't write songs like Hybrid Theory anymore: GET OVER IT. personally, i think it would have been dissapointing if LP still sounded like they used 10 years ago, because i would have thought they weren't real musicians after all.
    4.- taking the example of M2M, lately LP haven't been so "clever" in choosing the right singles, for example, in my opinion, i'd rather chose "In Pieces" instead of "LOATR", or "No More Sorrow" instead of "Given Up". and i would have included in M2M "Across The Line", "QWERTY", and "No Roads Left".

well.....
    now, with what we've heard so far, i think this song will be good, maybe great, 'cause it really shows a more evolved LP. maybe at first you think it sounds weird, like dance rock, or something....but i see as a transition during the context of the whole song. i like the fact that mr. hahn is back.

10. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I walked away from the computer, and came back and listened to this clip with a fresh head and I like it more than ever. The song is better when you erase all preconceptions on how the song will/should sound.

11. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Anyone who listens to alot of progressive rock can tell you that just because a song sounds like something 1 minute doesn't mean it will sound the same the next.

12. Jalie

Jalie Antebellum Cecity

I'm surprised to be the first one to say this or the only one who cares... but this huge christian influence in the lyrics scares me a little. Of course, this is probably just the (part of the) bridge we're hearing, but this imagery and categorization of people as sinners leaves me a little worried.

13. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

I thought it was just more a play on how America and it's government seems obsessed with the "God Bless America" phrase.

14. Jalie

Jalie Antebellum Cecity

Oh, I really hope you're right!

15. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I guarantee you the song isn't a Christian Rock song, nor is it praising Jesus. The meaning of the song seems to be going over people's heads. It's an ironic/sarcastic statement on the world as a whole. I believe what we're hearing is LP being ironic. Just like the "Amen"s in Hands Held High.

16. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

OK you're trying to think WAY to deeply about this.

17. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I don't think it's about the government's obsession with religion, I think LP are just writing from the perspective of an entire group of people.

A lot of people do turn to God when they're in need, whether you agree or not.

18. Jalie

Jalie Antebellum Cecity

I definitely like to believe you're right, I just don't know how you extract that opinion from the lyrics we have so far.

Edit: That they do use phrases and overused expressions might indeed be an indication of irony...

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  19. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Sounds like "We'll be burned..." to me. Minor thing. Anyway, I like it but no more snippets for me. Full song or nothing.

20. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Maaan this is gonna be one diverse song...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.