New The Catalyst Preview on YouTube

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

*facepalm*

2. PFortyy

PFortyy Banned

I LOVE the drum beat and scratching in the snippet.. Really growing to love this.. 30 second clip..

Do people that pre-ordered the album get a digital copy of the single a couple days earlier emailed to them, like theyre doing with the album? That'd be cool heh :lol:

3. OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

Yeah, I believe you do. Not sure, though.

4. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

damn, i seem to miss the best news when im gone at work FUUUUUUUU.. . . anyways, i guess we get to see LP do into a song that dives into religion. It sounds great, and it is definitely something new and fresh that we have never heard before, PLUS, we get to hear Mr Hahn scratching more, which makes me happy ^_^

5. 2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

i know, I know it's only a 30 second clip, but .... :-/ I really don't like this right now.... hopefully the full song changes my mind

6. ricky34024

ricky34024 Well-Known Member

WOW! The clip was spectacular! Personally, I like the direction LP seems to be taking with this album. It definitely sounds more experimental, more so than Minutes to Midnight even. It seems like they'll be drawing from different musical sources. I think it's also safe to assume that there'll be some political undertones as well. But then again, we can't really judge the whole song from this less than 34 second clip, much less the whole album.

7. Cure4TheItch

Cure4TheItch I fuck up everything I see, fighting in futility.

So let me get this straight...

We get a 30 second clip of The Catalyst with...
    -Joe Hahn's scratches clearly heard
    -Amazing lyrics of both Mike and Chester singing
    -Electro drums we already knew where gonna be in the song somewhere

...and people complain because it sounds techno-ish? People people people...

This is LINKIN PARK. The music will be good. Don't press the panic button. This is all a part of being "ground breaking" and trying to create music that knows no boundaries of specific genre.

I happen to think this clip is amazing. It clearly sounds like it is the breakdown in the track, lasting not very long either. There is another 5+ minutes on The Catalyst. Wait until you hear it all to make your final judgement.

8. Sicknode

Sicknode Breaking The Habit

Thank you! Exactly what I was thinking!

9. Stormus08

Stormus08 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the 30 second clip. I am a big fan of the electronica/fast paced style. I am a big proponent of techno and those sort of electronic based genres. This is too small of a fragment to judge the entire song by, but it's very interesting to hear this piece in contrast to the other short clip we were given. They sound completely different; eager to see how they make that transition.

For those of you upset; I encourage you to go out and purchased Starcraft II :D, it releases in an hour here. I guarantee you won't be disappointed (it may be the only thing I could have possibly been more anticipating moreso than ATS :eek:) To all you other nerds, I can't wait to jam out to Linkin Park while owning newbs :).

10. ricky34024

ricky34024 Well-Known Member

:awesome:

11. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

But but but I thought Papercut was about getting a papercut...

12. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Thank you. I couldn't agree with you more. Yes it's a huge change, and yes it's scary to a lot of fans to see LP trying something so potentially risky...but it's all a part of the band moving away from the mainstream, and what's expected of them. Rubin told the band to be anything but "ordinary", or "predictable" and this song is the result of that. Nothing about this song is predictable at all, and even after both "stems" and "snippets" of the song have been released...we're still no closer to knowing how this song will sound like.

For the first time since Hybrid Theory...we really don't know what we're going to hear when we pop in that CD...and that my friends, could be a very good thing.

13. JoshWeaver

JoshWeaver Member

Hey guys first off I finally joined LPA! I discovered this site the first week of june of last month! HA! I love the pay you guys post everything Linkin Park wise fast. Also along with the fact with you moderators and users of this site that post and what you post of LP makes everything so interesting to me. I can't remember what I first came around and saw that LP had announced and you guys posted what drew me in to this site. (May of been the first hidden message) Each LP fan opinion's are so amazing to read and theorys with each and everything you guys post. I love reading everyone's comments! But finally I decided to join and post. Reason being is the Catalyst Snippet! First of haters will be haters. And fans will speak their opinions. Personally I LOVE the snippet. It's everything I wanted to hear with their new music and more! I really can't wait for Aug 2nd and Sept 14th! I now can't find a reason why some of you don't like the snippet? Because it's not ht/mt style? Or not what you really wanted to hear? Im so happy its not ht/mt style. I wouldnt of minded but it would of showned that their not real musicans. I was personally dissapointed with MTM when it first was released because it wasn't ht/mt but I grew with the album and loved it. Is it my favorite? Nope! But it wasn't a bad album. It was a new direction and I grew up with LP and im content with MTM. But personally ATS will may very be thier best album. If it isn't then it will be ht/mt fan boys ruining the amazingness. Meteora btw is my favorite album. But im sure ATS will top it. Well thats it. Sorry it was sooooooo long. Thanks for everyone reading my last two months of LPA life style. I will sure post more! But will read others even more! Oh BTW Preorderd Special Addition CD/DVD, Both shall rock.

14. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I played around with this clip and the stems from the contest and blended them together. I gotta say this has some great potential!

15. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Welcome to LPA! Glad to see you be a part of this community!

16. OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

Oh, you. :awesome:

17. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

OMG?!?! The song isn't simple!!
    :arnold:
    :D

18. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

This is a candidate for thread winner.

Why does it feel like night today? Something insides not right today CUZ I GOT A FREAKING PAPERCUT!

19. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Very electronic! And like somewhat a 'revenge' from Mr.Hahn =P
    Joe: You wanted Hip-hop and scratching er? There you go!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  20. Linkinarmy

Linkinarmy Sins of our fathers LPA VIP

any of you guys think that this song will leak a ways before the due date?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.