New The Catalyst Preview on YouTube

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Sandstorm is trance not techno.

And concerning the clip, I'd rather have them play this than rehash hybrid theory again or even worse, resort to crappy pop ballads like they did on MTM.

2. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I'd just like to post the following disclaimer:

When the album is out, if I don't like it and if anyone says it's because I apparently can't handle change, I will not be held responsible for my actions.

3. ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

Anyway Im not one of these fans that love everything LP do.

But the reason why I dislike this song are the effects over the voices. They could have let Dave and Joe sing it (not brad lmao, even if you put many effects on his voice it would still sound like the UCLA Britney cover song...)

Id rather to hear their voices clear and pure.

EDIT: I got a little bit used to the preview..from awful it turned to okay.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  4. Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

I love that as well very nice! The more I listen the better and better it gets. I think my favorite line though is where oceans bleed into the sky...so far...I can't wait to hear the rest of the song and album! I'm really looking forward to hearing wretches and kings!!!!

5. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

It's all because you just can't let go man! :lol:

No, I kidding.

I know there are those who will genuinely not like it because it's just not their cup of tea.

My rant was just directed at those that can not accept chance, and who kiss LP's ass everything they do, not anyone else really.

So basically anyone who doesn't fall into those groups should just ignore my former comments on it all.

Also I'm annoyed beyond belief tonight and tired. I wish I could fcking sleep. haha

6. evulture

evulture Banned

its more like a REMIX than a song :S

7. Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

I'm well aware of such double standards, as I moderate on another site. However, the ones that cry foul when they see posts that state a dislike for something, frankly, should be moderated. It gets to a point where I feel posters may be afraid to voice a negative opinion about something without having to back it up, especially since their positive counterparts do not have to do the same. And really, if you have posters jumping on and challenging those who don't like, that behavior probably should be taken note of. It is perfectly fine for either side to have their opinion as this is a forum.

If there are going to be people instigating confrontations, then they are probably types who would have caused trouble at some point anyway. There are many times where I just refrain from voicing a negative opinion on something because that's all I really want to say on the subject and I know that it will just get demolished. I don't feel like that's a healthy atmosphere to post in. We should be tolerant of each other's opinions. And if that means taking moderating/administrative action against members, so be it.

I find a nice analogy to be: The constant requests of most members here for those stuck in the HT/Meteora era to grow up and mature with the band. I think that can be applied here. I think if we are all mature enough to grow with the band, we should all be mature enough to tolerate each other's opinions without jumping down anyone's throats. You don't have to agree with them, but you can be respectful about what they say. If not, face the doom and gloom of the mod boomstick. I've seen it work on a much larger forum, so I have no doubts it can work here. The quality of the forums will increase by that much, as well.

As stated, that can be applied to not liking something as well. It is a discussion forum as you said, and all statements discussed should be given equal respect and weight, whether it a positive opinion or a negative one. Obviously, if you get something like:

...that's a bit more than a simple negative opinion. But I feel like a, "This sucks." or "This is crap." is fair game. It's the natural opposite to "This is awesome" and "This rocks" and obviously will be received with more of an analytical eye, with this being a fansite, but those members shouldn't have to defend themselves. As fans, we're entitled to critical opinions, whether positive or negative, and I feel the more people that understand, the more awesome of a place to post this can be.

8. VorteXLP

VorteXLP Cheetas strapped to space rockets.

I like it, it's okay, but I believe they should have chosen another part for this 30 sec. clip.
    Btw, I'm confused, is the single going to release today or what?

9. Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

You need to grow up, man. Faint is in the past. Stop living in the HT/M days. Linkin Park is changing, you should too. ;)

10. Disturbedthoughts

Disturbedthoughts *Twitch*

This. :lol:

11. Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

this clip really makes me appreciate a new genre that I wasn't into before but have been getting into lately.

12. spraypaintnink

spraypaintnink Banned

That's my biggest gripe. Why the added vocal effects? Chester can sing just fine on his own, Mike has proven to be able to as well.

13. lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

i want to hear to the FULL song ....

PLZ :D

14. Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

To me, it sounds like the first part of the song, like the very beginning. The reason being is when Chester sings you can hear that keyboard in the background. I'm wondering if Chester opens up the song after a bit of the keyboard is played, and then it leads off in this electronica direction before building up and up as the track goes on. I could be wrong though.

Anyway, I love the clip.

15. PaFJ

PaFJ Member

I've listening to this band for almost 8 years! LP is my life. i believe them! don't judge just for the 30 seconds preview! im still shocked but wait for the whole song!

16. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

The other 10 second clip made me - in my pants, this didn't but this was still awesome. The Catalyst so far sounds like one hell of an awesome song.

17. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

So far i had mixed reaction with the song(so far)... The first time i kinda liked the feel to the song, i just hope the quality and producing is much better in the original.
    I loved the Lift me up/Let Me go snip, it reminds me of MTM but with something extra.
    This part... not loving it so far.. Its alright, but uhm.. We will wait and see! And No i dont want them to sound like HT or MT or MTM for that matter. I just didn't love this.. plain and simple, but the full song will probaly change my mind

18. Hellions

Hellions Banned

I love how people act like reverb and flangers etc. have never been added to a vocal track since the dawn of time. It's just a special effect. If you think the effects are strictly for vocal enhancement ("Chester can sing just fine on his own") you should try learning a thing or two about how music is made before you criticize how music is made. Know what you're talking about.

I'm pretty sure Chester and even Mike are well aware they can sing a song just fine on their own. Maybe they just think the effects sound cool? Then again, I don't know if "Write what you think sounds good and expresses your ideas because that's what musicians do" is in the "what spraypaintninkpens wants" handbook they apparently keep in the studio.

19. lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

I LIKE IT :D

! i want the FULL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p

20. Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

All right can anybody post the link to the 'other' clip please? Not this one, and not the audio stems. The 'other' one. What's that all about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.