The Catalyst: Chorus Clip

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I haven't posted on the LPA for quite some time now, but I visit the site almost everyday and have been keeping up with all these ATS updates. Not only has their marketing campaign been genius, but from what I have heard so far from the single has made me pretty excited. I never thought I would be getting excited from a Linkin Park release ever again, but it's nice to know that as I have grown up, so has the band. I am definitely going to buy this album.

2. OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

Whoever made this gets a free internet.

3. spraypaintnink

spraypaintnink Banned

My other half!

4. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

So you're pointing us to go find the opinions of people who aren't hardcore Linkin Park fans, to give us an idea about what "unbiased" Linkin Park fans truly feel about this song.

Firstly, who cares what they think?
    And secondly, who's to say that you aren't the biased one, in that you're still latched onto a genre from seven to ten years ago and reluctant to be open-minded about a different musical style?

Every five posts is something from you about how terrible the new song/sound is. I'm not saying you're not entitled to your opinion, but I think we get it! ;)

5. Hybrid_Xero_21

Hybrid_Xero_21 Member

It's good to know that your taking this all lightly. I didn't mean anything personal or trying to scream and holler. I Lol'd at what you said right there.

6. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

You just need to learn how to direct urself in a Linkin Park based forum, or u will get mauled by the fanbased. I speak from experience because I got into some really nasty debates back in the day when Meteora debut in the official forums. It is the reason I joined this forum ^_^. I couldn't stand the blind sheep defending their pride and joy. At least here I knew the moderators and admins are very open minded.

7. OkamiSensei

That actually happened at KROQ Epicenter.
    The speakers blew out during Breaking The Habit and a bunch of people were shouting "Linkin Park sucks! Haha!" while all of us LP fans were singing. :lol:

8. EvolutionaryFuse

EvolutionaryFuse Ambient

the 2nd of august is tooooo long to wait. sounds sooooo good

9. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I'm not one to respond to posts with single images, but with some of the unenlightened posts here, I'm obliged to respond with this:

[​IMG]

10. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Joe, you are my hero. Cookie Monster approves. Hey, I like that...could anybody here change my name to that?

11. pugofdoom10

pugofdoom10 Member

YEAH! How DARE they try to make different kinds of music! SHAME on them! SHAAAMMMMEEEEE!!!1
    In all seriousness though, I'm annoyed that you have some sort of God complex over the band, since you obviously know what THEY really want, since they're to misguided to think for themselves. :p Thank God we have you, otherwise how else would musicians go about making music? Trying something new? Oh guffaw, what a jest, my friend. Musicians should only make one type of music, not experiment to create something new like, *snicker* Artists, haha
    ...Wow, despite the "In all seriousness" disclaimer, that ended up pretty sarcastic. xD whoops.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  12. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Maybe I can be your hero again by changing your name. So you want it changed to: Cookie Monster?

13. akira

akira Banned

14. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

You do realize that's how half of sounds are made, right? Take for example Nine Inch Nail's The Fragile. The drums there are made by putting a tambourine on top of a floor tom. Pink Floyd's Money beat was made entirely of money related sound effects.

If people didn't innovate in trying to create new sounds, music would get stagnant.

And when were the Temptations bad?

15. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Make it so!

16. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

@akira

I have no problem with you not liking the sound. There problem lies within your close-minded perceptions of what you think Linkin Park should be. The fact is, they are not what you want them to be and they will not ever be again so stop being a fan of this current LP. It's the only way for you to find any solace. Listen to HT and MT and just live with it. Now, if you genuinely do not like the song that's pretty acceptable but to not like it because it is different is just plain stupid.

Also I'm getting the feeling Dean here isn't particularly inclined to this clip but do you see him going
    "OMG, LP lost what they had, identity crisis over 9000! Gahh."

Again, the only thing that anyone can do and I'm sure Linkin Park themselves will agree with me, if the only reason you do not like their new music is because it doesn't sound like HT or MT and not because you think it's just horrible music then stop calling yourself a fan and Move. On.

17. OkamiSensei

Wow. I have no words to describe some of those comments. :lol:
    My favorite has to be this: "why cant they just make music like they did in hybrid theory or meteora?"

18. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Wow, very nice to see you back. And I agree, this album has me pumped.

19. spraypaintnink

spraypaintnink Banned

Tool fans. I started a Fort Minor chant lol. That was a rough crowd, people got upset when dbs came on stage.

20. evulture

evulture Banned

After listening to The snippets MANY times , i have to regret that i didnt liked the new LP sound at all. They are more like a techno band to me. I know its too early to say this, but as a fellow member said that 75% of album will have this sound, then i have to say that what they are doing is NOT NEW AND FRESH. So you guys should admit it, that it is a commerical music now.

Secondly, there are MANY legendary bands except Linkin Park (Yes, being a proud fan of this band i am including it in the list :p ) , they didnt changed their sound AT ALL, and still they are loved and being followed by bands all over. You can include SLAYER, LAMB OF GOD, ACDC, PINK FLOYD, and so on ...

These bands didnt changed their sound, maybe the tweaked the sound a little to have a refresh feeling but the basics of the sound they produce is the SAME and you guys know they are respect and listened all over the world.

So in the end, i just wanna say that the thing they say that the sound they produce is OLD and not successful, is totally wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.