The Catalyst: Chorus Clip

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivy616

ivy616 Well-Known Member

2. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I figured. I was just asking in case.

He's one of the main songwriters of the band, so yeah, it's safe to say he was pretty involved in that album whether or not you could notice it superficially. Not to mention he plays plenty of instruments and creates samples and so on, besides providing vocals.

I guess that's why you failed to mention it.

But it was written off, the best part of a decade ago. And it wasn't a great car to begin with.

We finally agree on something.

Here you go again, trying to twist what you've said previously. All you said was that he probably hasn't worked with rap-rock artists before. But he has. In fact, he was a pioneer of that style.

3. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

I am sorry but seeing the track record of MTM, I will assume otherwise. And I do know that little tid bit that's why I am want him to rap. Linkin Park is not Linkin Park without Mike, whether he's rapping or singing. He needs to be in the track. And co-producing only contributes to 25% of a Linkin Park track. You know it's a Linkin Park track if you can digest the sound and ur getting all goosebumping or getting a bunch of these:

[​IMG]

But i'd like to see all the elements combined once again. Not just 75% Linkin Park again.

4. Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

5. Dean

After all, Meteora is such a soulful album. Dig that uber-processed, paper-thin sound.

6. Shadow

I knew that, I would assume you knew that already beforehand and that's why I am contending his aspect of not singing. I enjoyed MTM in that aspect, but the aspect I am complaining about is his presence singing/rapping. [/quote]

It was written off, and yes it was done. But to say the car wasn't that great. That's just wrong. If the car wasn't so great, this very fan site wouldn't exist.

Yea I just got corrected a while back by Mark, scroll up.

7. Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Nice too see you Derek. I love what you guys have done with the site.

8. Shadow

That's why I don't want this album to be like that and it feels like it's going in that direction with a different sound.

9. spraypaintnink

spraypaintnink Banned

[​IMG]

10. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe that Mike Shinoda, an adult, lets a producer tell him when he can and can't rap.

11. Dean

You sure told me. I'll never say something you disagree with again.

12. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The band is doing exactly what they want with this album. That's a lot more soulful than trying to recapture the magic of their debut album.

13. Shadow

Well, you can go look at the Meteora DVD, he pretty much let this jack ass control him lol (forgot his name shoot me now). And seeing here how he doesn't have any faith in himself (with the LPTV video that just recently aired) I wouldn't be surprised. I am sure he's in this belief that it's impossible to rap in this new sound without somehow going back to the Hybrid Theory sound, and what I am saying is that it's possible for him to rap without sounding like a rehash. If Rick Rubin is such a guru as you guys say in the hip hop department, then what the hell is the hold up to seeing the Mike I heard in Fort Minor, spit that fire with Chester. So far everything looks fantastic in Chester's front and the rest of the band, but Mike feels like the left out piece, sits in the back and pulls the strings.

14. spraypaintnink

spraypaintnink Banned

Thanks, I'd appreciate that.

Meteora was different from HT is various ways. The band even stated that in interviews.

15. TOVhumanoid

TOVhumanoid Well-Known Member

Before I make my statement, know that I respect your opinions and am not trying to be condescending to you in any way.

However, really sit down and listen to all the things you've said about Mike and the band in your last few posts. Now, imagine being Mike or anyone in the band and reading all the things you've said about them. How would you feel? No, I'm not trying to make you sympathetic towards the band, nor am I making your opinions invalid. I'm just saying, it's hard to say that the band is having an identity crisis, or are holding themselves from doing something creatively on the album - when you don't know what they're thinking in the writing process.

These guys are their own individuals, so of course their thinking might be different from what you think they should be. There's no proof that Mike was influenced to not rap on much of LP's music lately, nonetheless trying to blame Rick Rubin for it. The band has already said that if they wanted to go in a direction that Rick had a different opinion about, Rick was alright with it and let them do what they want.

From what a lot of artists have said, when working with Rubin... he is not a forceful person. He's just a guiding voice, with a deep insight if they approach him for an outside opinion. The Dixie Chicks didn't go out and write a house album, Chili Peppers didn't make an opera record, and Metallica didn't do anything that sounded like R&B. So while I understand that you might think Mike was persuaded not to be rapping on a lot of LP's post-Meteora music, we have to observe with fresh ears and eyes before assuming very strong things.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  16. Hybrid_Xero_21

Hybrid_Xero_21 Member

I just have one thing to say.

I love how this has turned from a discussion about The Catalyst Chorus Clip, to "FUCK YOU I'M RIGHT!!!!" "NO FUCK YOU I'M RIGHT!!!!!!!" Lol.

Please people, calm ya nuts. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has them, and most of the time. they stink!

17. cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

This chorus Completes me

18. akira

akira Banned

Guys look we all have opinions and whether we disagree or not we are [or were at some point] fans of the band. So let's just do a group hug and once we're hugging pull out plastic knives and unleash our frustrations by stabbing each other in good safe fun.

19. kelies

kelies Well-Known Member

This is the most excited I've ever felt for an LP song. They've definitely progressed into the band I knew they had the potential to be.

20. Dismantle

Dismantle First person to create a 'Robot Boy' Remix

i totally agree and find this quote brilliant, nicely said.

I have no doubts that mike will be rapping in ALOT of this album - especially robot boy :L

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.