The Catalyst: Chorus Clip

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

Actions speak louder than words, everything that they are doing is a result of the outcry from the fans after Meteora. Every little thing done now in terms of sound has been done to stray away from that direction. This was before Mike even posted in the official forums. The only time he ever posted was to say something news related, beyond that he was a "lurker" in my eyes. Even now in terms of marketing what's being pushed is the emphasis that the old is out and the new is in.

I am only blaming Rubin for steering the helm in some aspects that shouldn't be steered. Of course this is all based on what i've seen / heard / or experienced in the past with the band. The only proof that Mike hasn't been rapping is that obviously he and the band requested to stray away from the Meteora sound, which sadly did encompass Hip-Hop. And seeing how Hip-hop structures are very limited, vs rock structures which are very versatile I wouldn't be surprised if Rick felt right to steering away from it, also lack of musical energy as rap requires to harness alot of emotion to flow correctly. As your hypothesis earlier, in reality Mike did read all the hate during 2003-2005 which was all target at his rapping in a rock band, so called "ruining" what a "Rock Band" Linkin Park could be. Which has led me to believe that hip-hop is a big no no in the new Linkin Park sound.

You have a point, but u can't blame me for feeling like this after what happened in MTM, the clips I am hearing so far and the LPTV clip I just saw recently. Their track record of saying 1 thing, and the album shows another is always an issue with Linkin Park.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  2. WheresMyFckngFrappuccino?

WheresMyFckngFrappuccino? I ordered a frappuccino.

LMAO good one xD

3. hazuki

hazuki Well-Known Member

This song is gonna be another #1 for Linkin Park. Ican feel it.

4. @LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

Here a clip there a clip everywhere a clip clip... can were just get a friggin single already! :)

5. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

The trailer of medal of honor has convinced me this song is gonna be AMAIZING

6. CureForTheSession

CureForTheSession Well-Known Member

Can we all just take a step back real quick and look at what we're doing?

I mean really, we're having arguments that last for pages about where the band is going, what their identity is, and if they're going to be around much longer. And all of this is based off of what? Maybe a minute of snippets from ONE song from their longest album yet. Like really, this is ridiculous. And I know, I know, it's nothing new around these parts. I remember when the first clip of WID dropped, everybody was freaking out. But seriously, stop trying to make assumptions about everything that the band is doing based off of a little over a minute and a half of clips. It's just dumb.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  7. OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

This.

8. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

They've also stated that Meteora was pretty much only made because they caved into pressure from the label to prove they weren't a one-hit wonder.

You guys want to talk about the label and the producers making LP do things they don't want to do, Meteora is the very definition of that.

9. Hellions

Hellions Banned

There's only been one clip so far I didn't like but overall the ridiculous number of clips coming out is ruining this song for me.

10. Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

No more clips I want the damn song already, lol. And why all this hate guys? Can't we all just get along?

11. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

Here's hoping to them proving me wrong so your statement has more substance. Up to this date, I've yet to see them shut me up. And some of the doubters for LP. It's going to come with the territory as they are doing the same marketing mechanics.

[​IMG]

Which remind me of my favorite blue hedgehog ^_^. Here I am hoping Sonic 4 (same as ATS) prove me wrong. Till then.. sorry.

12. AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

Same here

13. Disturbedthoughts

Disturbedthoughts *Twitch*

:lol:

14. hybrid1988

hybrid1988 Fever Daydream

15. Jacob

Jacob Guest

This sounds pretty legit.

16. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Seems like everytime I come back, more clips show up.

I'm ready for the whole song!

17. awesomelyskilledgeness

awesomelyskilledgeness Active Member

no, Chester sings the chorus. Don't worry:) and yeah I agree it is Chester's thing.

18. Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

im likin the transition between the energetic part and 'lift me up' part..lovin it..

19. ricky34024

ricky34024 Well-Known Member

So many clips! We might as well get the whole song already! I am really digging the piano part! Mike's a genius when he writes the piano parts for the songs. I.e. "In the End", "What I've Done", and now "The Catalyst".

20. KiAllen

KiAllen Well-Known Member

I'm still not gonna make a final call on what i think about this until it comes out. One thing though... it's definitely interesting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.