Real Fans vs. YouTubers

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by RareideaTV, Jul 28, 2010.

RareideaTV

RareideaTV Banned

Many of you guys must be watching all of the preview clips, and you guys have to read some of the stuff that I am reading. I would put stuff in actual forum like quotes, but I don't want give away peoples usernames.

"The new Linkin Park SUCKS !!! THEYY USED TO BE GREAT !!! "

"Okay...Where did mike go? ******** said it all. The original sound for the catalyst actually sounded kinda cool with mike but what the hell is this...Hybrid Theory is there best album"

"Wow imma stick to jamming to my old LP until they come out with some better shit."

Alright guys that's enough your eyes are probably bleeding at the stupidity of some people. Can't people realize that not only is judging a song by a 35 second preview very dumb, but Linkin Park have grown up? I mean Hybrid Theory was released around 10 years ago, and the song concepts were obviously made in the late 90's. I can bet you half of these so called fans haven't heard any of the LPU stuff, let alone, realize they play their older songs at concerts. I never seen so many people complain. Bands change alot, whether it is their style, or actual members of the band. People need to grow up. I could never allow myself to have a post like this:

"chaster is autotune, i want the old freaking LP man!".

Who the hell is Chaster anyway? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
    DHopper

DHopper Well-Known Member

People that post comments on YouTube have an average IQ of about 17. They are the people that take advantage of welfare, drive without auto insurance, and return fruit purchases at Walmart. I don't care what they think about Linkin Park. I'll always be a fan regardless of their style. I know they work hard at everything they do and they deserve their fame and success.

Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

I've said it in another thread, but these people are the middle of the bell curve —*the ignorant masses, if you will. Now, mind you, these are probably the same people that heard LP first on some pop station and were instantly hooked on the great choruses and the catchy flow. For them anything outside of the reality of the pop-station is simply not good, it's not what they want. They want something that will be played relentlessly for 3 weeks and never heard from again, relegated to being hyper-remixed in dance clubs. They will adjust, they're just like the people who bitched endlessly about LOST and then continued to watch it anyway.

Most of us on this forum represent the far right of the bell curve, the fans that won't ever let go. For us if LP made it, that's great. We're not objective about it, but who is objective about anything that they love so dearly? When I look back on how LP has influenced me musically for the last 10 years or so I get the warm fuzzies. For us, Linkin Park is an experience and nostalgia and YouTubers and their criticisms are an affront to something we love dearly.

None of us are being very objective/thoughtful about it, but at least some of us are being happy. ;)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
    LPkillz

LPkillz Well-Known Member

This is so true and annoying...

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Ugh. Those people have no life. They sit and wait for more LP and when it finally arrives say how much they hate it.

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Zomgz the ELLLPEEE is notz real! Mike isn't rapping! My heart is broken WAHHHHAAAHHH!!!

kidOhri

kidOhri Well-Known Member

people who post comments on youtube are music-nazis... everything they don't know or don't like is shit. they start bitching without any reason... and those of them posting comments about LP clips seem to know only one sentence: I want LP to sound like they did on HT. HT forever!
    not to speak about the language and grammar they're using... english is not my mother tongue, but even MY eyes are bleeding, when i read stuff like that.

PFortyy

PFortyy Banned

I swear theres like a group of 200-500 youtubers who go around and thumbs down every video and leave stupid comments talking shit about whatever the video is..

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

This basically sums up my sig. I especially don't appreciate it when people say stuff like that HERE at LPA. But Youtube is easy to just ignore. As long as you, me and a lot of other people know that LP is doing the right thing...that's all that matters.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

I hate Youtube so much for allowing comments lol. If every video disabled comments that would be the greatest thing

Benjamin

What if the government could make spamming illegal? That would be the day lol...Of course TECHNICALLY these people are just expressing their opinions..in a very uneducated manner.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Then there should be a test before signing up for a youtube account

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

I always get a kick out of reading youtube comments. On any video.

Benjamin

Yeah it CAN be fun to read dumb comments. When I get really bored I go on Yahoo Answers and LOL at so many of the questions.

Geoff

Geoff Hipster Kitty

its so engraging that these people say this about linkin park and neglect the concept of moving forward and developing new music, i personally think that the catalyst from the preview has that old LP nostalgia in the perfect touch which enables us to feel the old albums again, but also be brought forward in their creative writing as the lyrics are more modern and the style its is renewed and it sound amazing, and i remember a comment on here about people bagging on mike's singing, but thats horrible, no roads left on the bonus minutes to midnight edition was an amazing song with mike singing in it and it just shows the arrogance and ignorance of these "fans" and it sickens me to hear it, i sincerely hope the LP guys don't take those comments as a representation of the whole fan base because the real fans are dedicated to LP and are able to appreciate all their work up until now :peace:

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

To all the haters on YouTube out there . . .

[​IMG]

nuff said :lol:

RareideaTV

RareideaTV Banned

Thanks everybody for understanding. That is exactly what ruins YouTube. Us real fans can enjoy anything Linkin Park has to offer. And I have been a fan since 2001.

SamohtCela

SamohtCela The Only Thing That's Worse Than One is None

They really need to understand that Linkin Park is entering a new era. They don't have to make the same album after album. I honestly love the preview clips and it gets me more psyched for this album. Go Linkin Park!!!

The Iki Ali

The Iki Ali Well-Known Member

Yup.
    What's wrong with change?
    What's wrong with growing up?
    Let's be honest here; they look WAY TOO MATURE NOW to still be doing Nu Metal sounds.

All the best to LP, and to most of the haters on YouTube (be it LP haters or any haters at all), GROW UP.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Firstly, I've got to say. This thread is somewhat offensive. Sure there are a lot of idiots who comment on YouTube but there are also intelligent people who comment. To place everyone who comments as "False fans" and anyone who doesn't as "True Fans" just isn't fair grounds to make your point.

Though, I have to agree that the stupid comments on YouTube are very, very stupid.

I have to disagree with this also. If Linkin Park started to make shitty music that I didn't like, I'd find it easy to let them go. Why? Because I still have the music they made that I do like, it's not going anywhere. Fortunately for me, it sounds as if I'll really enjoy their new direction in A Thousand Suns.

And of course I'm objective about Linkin Park. Anyone who follows a band or persons or anything at all just because they're themselves - itself, in this case, loving Linkin Park just because they're Linkin Park, in my honest opinion is just ridiculous.

I love Linkin Park because they make music that I enjoy listening to. They're also humble and charity and give a lot back to their fans and society in general. Now if to say they would start making country music, I highly doubt that I'd consider myself a fan of the progressed Linkin Park yet would still consider myself a fan of the past Linkin Park.

Also, people criticize what they love all the time, as in order for what they love to grow and to mature which Linkin Park seem to have done. Really, if you think not as much people complained about Meteora they would have strived so hard to be as different from it now as possible? Sure, they probably would have moved on eventually but I say the criticism helped to push things forward and that, in my deepest and honest beliefs, is a great thing.

Now, if I had misinterpreted your comment I apologize for being so harsh but as it stands now, and as for true fans not being objective-critical I may very well be in the minority.