If ATS leaks early, would you download it?...

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by kezly87, Jul 25, 2010.

nscoope

nscoope Well-Known Member

I'm going to try very hard not to listen to leaks from the album. Not because of feeling guilty (I've already pre-ordered) but I just love the experience of putting the CD into the car stereo the day it comes out and not already knowing what you're going to hear and then being blown away by it. I couldn't resist listening to a lot of the MTM leaks and it ruined some of the excitement on release day because I'd already heard half the album. If The Catalyst leaks early though, which I'm sure it will, I'll be listening to that for sure!

Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

I remember when MTM leaked early, I resisted the temptation to listen to it.

Though I'm not quite sure if I can resist nearly as much now. >_>

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I would laugh my face off, if everyone who said no did end up listening to it.

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

Yes I will. The thing is, my album copy is still floating around, and I don't know if I could get it on time, so def a yes

luisjs

luisjs Active Member

Although I've pre-ordered, I think I would.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

I'll wait til the album is out. If any singles are out officially, I might taste that then.

Saoberlinwaves

Saoberlinwaves Banned

I would listen if and only if the leak was album/VBR quality or better. If it's below 256 I would probably not listen.

DecanoLP

DecanoLP Active Member

No, I hope I can resist. I wanna hear the album for the first time throughout my stereo speakers while I'm chilling on my couch.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I will listen when it's a good quality rip and of course buy it on release to support the band.

Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

I will. Once I get them on my PC I'll rip them to Apple Lossless, but if it leaks earlier than that in a smaller bitrate I'll still give it a listen. Why? Because I paid $225 for this album and I want to freaking hear it. :p

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I don't do leaks. It's much more of an event going to town, buying it, coming home, transferring it to my walkman and listening to it for the first time on a pair of headphones with no distractions.

Mood is an important thing for me. Not being in the mood to listen to a certain type of music (or watching a certain type of film) is obviously going to have a negative impact on that particular thing, even moreso when it's something new that you're not familiar with.

So doing the above "ritual" is a good way for me to get into a headspace where I'm open to taking in something new & it makes it more of an experience.

cloudscream

cloudscream Static

I'll definitely download any leak. I'll still buy the physical album anyway.

Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

I'd like to say that I wouldn't, so let me revise and say it mostly depends on the quality. If it's a 64KBS mp3.. I'll just wait, thanks.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I am still pondering this. If the quality was decent, someone would have to lock me in a cage upon my request. I really want to wait until September 14 or whenever LP emails us the mp3 version.

Ace31

Ace31 Well-Known Member

Seeing as I've already paid for the album, yes, I would probably download the leak.

ryyyylp

ryyyylp Well-Known Member

I wish I could say I wouldnt, buuuut I would.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Unless it was amazing quality, like CD quality then maybe. If not then no, it ruins the first listen.

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

will be waiting and buying at midnight on the 14th. me and my girlfriend have been going and doing such midnight releases since Meteora. we called it Meteora day and went out for breakfast and got the album and listened to it. for MTM we went to a late late movie, swung over and got MTM and listened to it as we drove around town/back home. it's something special for us, so I don't think I'd listen to the album before that night..... hopefully, i'm not very patient, lmao

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

I will, but only because I'm fine with it because I pre-ordered it legally through Linkin Park's website so I have proof of ownership and I wont be reseeding it through a torrent, so the sharing will stop on my end. I guess that doesn't exactly make it right for me to have early, but at least I purchased it.

The iSCREAM

The iSCREAM Active Member

I don't have any plans for this.. well it depends, if it leak a week before or more, maybe im gonna download it for reference. but if it leak a few days like 2 or 1 days before.. i'd prefer to wait til i get the original one :D
    well this is LP i've been a long time to be their fans, i am lil bit cheat but i have an Original CDs and DVDs from LP already :p