ATS to be Played "From First to Last Song" on Tour?

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

I think, somehow, this could be the best choice. Sometimes to see them play Papercut live, or Lying From You, it just feel passed and "young" for them. Maybe these impressions comes from the way they dress since a few years, the way they move. All is more mature, all needs to move on with that, the way Chester sings and screams and the way the band adds different charcters to the songs, changing them sometimes completely from the album concept.
    They want to restart, with style. I like that.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

To be honest, in commemoration for the 10th anniversary of Hybrid Theory, I'd much rather have them play HT the whole way through.

It's too early to be thinking about playing the whole album at the live shows in my opinion. The band need to first gauge the reaction to the album over at least a year before any sort of decision like that can be made.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

I keep forgetting about HT's 10th anniversary with all the excitement for ATS going around. This has bothered me. Setlist-wise, it's a battle between the two.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

It sucks that some people like me have only seen LP once...when I was 12. I hardly have any recollection of that show. If I remembered them playing their hits more, I would be less disappointed about them playing all of ATS. Again, I think they still may decide to cut a few ATS songs but still play the remaining ones in chronological order.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Alot of bands do this. Play a whole CD live. Cool stuff

Saoberlinwaves

Saoberlinwaves Banned

"unforgettable"

Saoberlinwaves

Saoberlinwaves Banned

Sales wise? Maybe. But it's definitely NOT bigger with the fans, especially the ones who've been around forever like myself. Somewhere I Belong and Breaking the Habit defined this band's sound for that album. New Divide was a transformers song.

gozorninplat

gozorninplat A Person

If they want to play all of ATS I'm cool with that, I just really want to hear "With You" live again. I really miss that song being in their setlists...

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

My Chemical Romance played the entirety of The Black Parade on tour, then for the encore they played 4 or so songs from past albums (mainly singles I think).

Seems like a perfectly reasonable way to do it to me, and this album sounds like it could very well be Linkin Park's "The Black Parade".

ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

well 15 songs? I guess Joe has a lot more to do then ever before! That's nice.

So if they play 23 songs, and they add on every german shows new 8 songs from their past 3 albums - I would be happy If I like ATS. I paid more than 400 euros for 4 shows and Im sleeping at the airport or trainstation (but two times at home -> cologne) so it must be worth it. And I trust them

edit: the only song I always want to hear is breaking the habit. I always have to cry when I hear those beautiful strings Mike plays...

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Pretty cool if they do so.

Hellions

Hellions Banned

Yeeeeah, maybe gauge fan reaction first then make that decision.

Linkinarmy

Linkinarmy Sins of our fathers LPA VIP

Well you have to take in that chester cant sing the hybrid theory songs and meteora songs as good as he used to, so they probably wont play that many of them.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I agree with all of that. I've been around forever too. But that probably doesn't mean a thing when it comes to playing songs live. They pick the most popular, as in sales.

And even if that weren't the case I'd still want New Divide over those because it's a better live song in my opinion.

hybrid1988

hybrid1988 Fever Daydream

wut

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

THIS
    Honestly wouldn't mind if they didn't play any of the MTM songs live ever again. that's just me though

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I've been around since the OSC music video premiered, and I'd take New Divide over anything off of Meteora any day.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

THIS...

and I don't even like "New Divide", but they do a good ass job playing it live.

ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

I talked about how much I want them to do this in an earlier news post. This is 100% awesome news as far as I'm concerned.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

As far as them playing the entire album along with old tracks, it all pretty much depends on how many tracks on ATS are instrumentals and how rough they are on Chester.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.