Mike Gives Details Regarding ATS & Album Length

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

:lol: Did I just transport back into the 60s? Who the hell says "colored man" anymore ?

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Guys please. Linkin Park, in a Linkin Park thread. Thanks.

3. Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

I'm familiar with vbulletin's administrative controls so I know you can split the tangential Metallica thread from the core thread and send it to the appropriate place. :) Why not do that?

4. Asua

Asua Well-Known Member

The Catalyst tomorrow!!!
    Fingers crossed

5. Noodles

Noodles Active Member

Why not just stop talking about Metallica, iron Maiden, etc. and talk about Linkin Park?

6. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

The Modfather's role is merely to wield the power of the banhammer and smite any foes that strut thine inappropriate swagger in thy path. He doth not relegate himself to mortal tasks such as splitting threads.

7. the11thdoctor

the11thdoctor Resident Time Lord

[video=youtube;NGIo8oaMHfY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGIo8oaMHfY[/video]
    (in other words: I agree!)

So... umm... about Linkin Park... That single needs to leak already, dammit! :D

8. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Because it's easier for people to stop talking about it rather than make a new thread just for Metallica bashing.

9. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

I hate how this has turned into a waiting game in which we don't know when we're waiting for.

At least before LP's last couple of tweets, we were all anticipating a date (August 2nd). Now it's just like, refresh your email every 10 minutes and hope for the best!

10. VorteXLP

VorteXLP Cheetas strapped to space rockets.

LP tweeted this half an our ago:
    Looks like they recommend people to pre-order last minute, because they're going to send The Catalyst VERY soon? :D

11. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I don't know why you brought that up, but OK, I'll bite.

-The basic fact that Metallica were a major part in the creation of an entire sub-genre points at them being a very original band.

-The only riff in that article that is actually legit is the Sanitarium/Rainbow Warrior riff. Even then there's a song from a band called The Strawbs that had a similar riff, and even so the riff that ended up in Sanitarium is quite different to the others.

-The other riffs mentioned bear a passing resemblence at best, particularly the one they claim Sandman is a ripoff of. They are not plagerised riffs.

It has to realised that true originality is almost impossible now. You could pick up a guitar and write a great riff that you've never heard before, but chances are there's someone somewhere who can point you at a piece from years earlier that sounds a lot like what you just wrote. Just because something sounds similar to something else doesn't mean it was deliberatly stolen.
    Is SOTD a conscious ripoff of WOWY?
    NMS a ripoff of Am I Evil?

You may not like Metallica and that's fine, but have consistantly been one of the most hard working bands around for almost 30 years. They've never turned up late or cancelled a gig unless it was totally unavoidable (like that time Hetfield was caught in a 12 foot pyro flame or when Lars tore a rotater cuff in his shoulder). They've more than earned their status, they continue to be an incredible live act and I resent people spreading false info about them, as I'm sure you would resent people spreading false info about LP.

So with that said, saying "they have stolen from a lot of people over the years" is simply a false accusation.

EDIT: Yes, yes. Back on topic.

45-50 mins is a good chuck of time for an album. Would have like maybe a bit longer, but definitely quality over quantity.

12. the11thdoctor

the11thdoctor Resident Time Lord

*in pirate voice*
    "Aye, the thread, she won't stay on topic, Cap'n! They steered 'er back but the waves're too strong! Man the lifeboats!"

Edit: Nevermind, he got it back on topic at the end, there in his edit. *high five!*
    Edit 2: Oh yeah, on Linkin Park... Umm.... 45 minutes is good, but 50 minutes would be even better! :D

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  13. Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

But it would become easier for people new to the thread to not become involved in the tangent, and would also remove the temptation to "get the last word in." Thus ending the tangential thread.

You could also lock the newly created subthread ensuring its death.

EDIT. See Above.

14. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Well with that Tweet and the Facebook update, we are most definitely hearing the Catalyst on the August 1st. I already have to buy all of Justin Bieber's albums for betting that this song was going to leak yesterday :lol:. I'll buy all of the Jonas Brothers stuff and sing "Party in the USA" in a bar closest to my house if LP doesn't release the Catalyst on Sunday!

15. Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

This is why I do not make bets.

16. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Hahaha:awesome:
    We'll get it at earliest tomorrow guys. Don't count on today...and it'll be tweeted and you'll know soon enough when one of us gets the email.

17. Vic

Vic No game no life

LOL with this thread. I thought we were talking about Linkin Park and suddenly the names Metallica, AC DC, Iron Maiden(my second fave band), Megadeth, etc appears in the posts :p

18. Kwik-e

Kwik-e And now, you've become a part of me.

Nono shinoda 194, you owe us the JBU :D

19. bogdan971

bogdan971 Well-Known Member

I CANT WAIT ANYMORE! IF I WAIT ONE MORE DAY, I WILL KILL MYSELF!!! AAAAAH!
    I agree, it was better if we knew the release date is 2 august. But now it is annoying that we don't know when it's gonna come earlier.
    Sorry for my English.

20. evulture

evulture Banned

and then the song will be shared like a fire in the forest and we will (including the people who didnt pre-order) getting the song in a matter of hours :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.