Medal of Honor/The Catalyst Trailer Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Kæton, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

EA Games have updated the official Medal of Honor site with a new trailer directed by Joe Hahn. The trailer features a montage of game play and live action footage set to Linkin Park's latest single The Catalyst. We recommend you watch the trailer in 720p here, otherwise view the trailer below.

[youtube]HqsQeDq_Ndo[/youtube]​

Be sure to let us know your thoughts on the forums!

Medal of Honor is set to release on October 12th for the PC, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.

OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

Well, sounds pretty good to me so far, but I really want to hear the full version! :lol: I must say that releasing all these little snippets and such early didn't make this as exciting as it could've been.
    (and, is it just me or does the organ in the beginning sound almost identical to the one at the end of "Shadow Of The Day"?)

Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

I actually like it. The breakdown is a bit strange and experimental, and it's quite enjoyable as a song. Athough I think it's a way shortened version. We need to be patient, tomorrow I'm sure we'll have the entire thing.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Alrighty, here we go.

I have never once complained about this album or song. I have defended the living shit out of both of them. But this honestly sounds like Mike just messing around with Pro Tools. It's disconnected, very repetitive, and sounds like the majority of the remixes that were made for it. THAT SAID, this is just a edited version of it. Hopefully a VERY edited version of it. The ending is insanely epic, I love that. I still have high hopes for the full song. Have at it, youtube commenters.

Oh, and: [​IMG]

Don't attack me. I love Linkin Park. Honest.

Btw, you guys should consider adding the youtube link to the main post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqsQeDq_Ndo

Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

I feel physically ill after listening to this, all my expectations of a decent song was shattered, this is over produced garbage.

spraypaintnink

spraypaintnink Banned

Not any good IMO. 1st LP single I've ever despised.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
    MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

.........blahhh.....gosh I'm going to bed....I've had enough of this.....I listened to it 3 times and gave it my all to like it and prove to myself that it lived up to my expectations.....but alas, it did not.....to all a goodnight

evulture

evulture Banned

just listened to the MoH's catalyst song and i can say that the new sound of Linkin Park isnt new, refreshing or not even as Mike said 'Genre-busting'. Disappointed from the single as i would have liked simple ROCK genre than this electronica/techno-based Linkin park.

I hope the rest of the album is not like this over-produced CRAP.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

So far seems very "meh" to me.

Let's hope this is not the full version and it will come together better when we hear all of it.

Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

Its so noisy and rarely makes sense, after giving it a second listen the only good part of the song is the pause and then the break down.

lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

Staff edit: No links to MP3s, please.

KiAllen

KiAllen Well-Known Member

Lol, i'm trying not to watch the trailer because i'm waiting for the email, but these comments are making my excitement drop dramatically

MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

Agree....this song makes me wonder just how closely Rick Rubin was involved with the process. It seems far too disorganized but it could be because this is a slightly edited version but I seriously doubt thats the case.....going to bed now ;)

Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

Let's say it had the potential of being BIGGER. But I really do think this is a SLIGHTLY EDITED version. I mean the music is about 3:50 minutes long in this trailer. We should have almost another 2 minute part which is includes Joe's scratching when the beats come in and possibly an extended outro. That's it. Not more I can say, really, except that I am a heavy metal fan, but I DID enjoy this song. It's different and at least it's a bit more experimental and not the traditional What I've Done or Shadow of the Day structure. Hopefully the rest of the tracks will have much more variety in them.

OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

Honestly, I'm not going to argue with anyone about the song/album. If I like it, I'm going to like it.
    And with that, I'm off to bed. Night, everyone. :)

Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

Something did just dawn on me, there is no guitar in this song... at all. This can't be the full version but im not impressed by this at all.

Legend

Legend Banned

More sucky sucky than a 5 dolla whore

lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

i did not like that it has to small lyrics :(

The same words all over again .... :(

pugofdoom10

pugofdoom10 Member

Did anyone care to think that they edited the verses out, and that's why it seems a little disorganized? :p

Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

Im not going to hold my breath tommorow, this sounds horrible now and extra 2 mins of garbage isn't going to redeem it imo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.