Medal of Honor/The Catalyst Trailer Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Kæton, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vic

Vic No game no life

If I love this "Big clip" I'm gonna cry when I hear the full song, haha no joking.

2. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

I don't dislike it because it's different, I dislike because it's bad. Edited songs FTL.

3. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

After about the 5th listen I am digging this clip a little more. The repetitiveness doesn't ruin it as much as I initially thought due to the pure epic-ness of it. Now I'm even more excited for the whole thing!

4. Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

I do think reactions to this clip offer some feedback about us. Guys, we are to be deep sea divers in the ocean of Linkin Park's music. We should taste it fully, experiencing the depth of it multiple times and giving it the appreciation it deserves... not skimming along the surface on a jet ski acting pissed because we don't see fish.

</metaphor>

5. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Trust me the actual whole song will not repetitive so those who keep whining, well wait till tomorrow and see. I think Linkin Park is still trying to keep the song under a bit of a lockdown so we don't actually hear the real song

6. heavenscalamity

heavenscalamity Well-Known Member

I bet when we hear the full song this edited portion is only going to be 2:30-3:00 long. It is very repetitive in the editing and I'm kind of surprised Joe did such a meh job on the editing. The video itself is awesome.

I really think the full song is going to be so much better and more fluid than this clip.

7. TLC

TLC Well-Known Member

I really like the ending. The beginning is 'interesting'/something new/never heard of Linkin Park. Can't wait to hear the song in full and in good quality.

8. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Joe directed the video, but perhaps he didn't choose the way the music was placed

EDIT: I haven't heard the song yet and I'm waiting till tomorrow but all this is getting me so excited!!!

9. dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

I love the hell out of it already! I would like to advice people to listen to through some decent amps though! With my laptop speakers alone it was quite flat, but with my Senheisser earplugs in it was a mindblowing experience from start to end imo!

Can't wait for tomorrow!

10. EvolutionaryFuse

EvolutionaryFuse Ambient

well for an edited version i did enjoy it alot and obviously their is another minute and half missed out. its sounds like the song includes its peak and bridge. intro and outro will be on the full version. we'll see how it goes tomorrow but i enjoyed it immensely

11. Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

wow, this has to be one of the most exceptionable threads i've ever read! the amount of controversial banter has been unreal. I applaud the mod for keeping it together. I just wish some people would keep their brash opinions to themselves XD

I must say I'm disopointed to hear a vast majority disliking the track, but like its been said, we'll have to wait till tomorow to finally hear this song once and for all.

I hope LP proves us wrong. Cross your fingers guys!

12. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I must be the only one who got a big emotional reaction from this trailer. Yes it's edited badly, but the parts we've heard are full of so much energy/power that I not only can't wait to hear this song in it's entirety, but live as well.

For everyone who says this song has no energy, I have to laugh. This song is faster, and more aggressive (in terms of drums) than all of MTM. There is a lot of energy in this track. People just refuse to think it's energetic because Chester isn't screaming 24/7 over power chords and drop D tuned guitars.

13. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Guys, none of this matters, it's Shark Week!

14. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I get shivers running down my spine when the lift me up part kicks in. It just reminds me why I love LP.

It's also cookie week on the food channel.

15. Derek

Seconded. In terms of layers, composition and instrumentation it's already one of my favorite songs by the band and a marked step up from MTM. I just have to wait for the full thing to come out to give complete judgment.

16. littlejay

littlejay Member

it was a jumbled mess until the last minute twenty then i liked it. i wish the song was more like the end

and it's the full version of the song. not just a 3 minute clip on repeat

17. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

18. Nemesis23

Nemesis23 Well-Known Member

If this were facebook, i would "Like" this. The ending is just unbelievably epic. Ive never felt so much energy in a Linkin Park song in my life, and as soon as Mike comes in with the "Lift me uuuuuuuuuuuup..." Im on the verge of tears. No joke. I cannot wait to hear the song in its entirety.

This cant be it either, I dont know if anybody else feels this way, but there just seems to be too much disconnect from the verses to the bridge and outtro, so theres gotta be something that ties it together, and i know we are expecting a much more layered sound, which we get at the end, but not necessarily with the "god bless us.." parts...idk just a thought.

19. Derek

WIN.

20. EvolutionaryFuse

EvolutionaryFuse Ambient

amen - my feelings exactly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.