Medal of Honor/The Catalyst Trailer Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Kæton, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Nail on the fucking head.

2. Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

QFTMFW!!

3. TLC

TLC Well-Known Member

To be honest: I expect the album full of those risky, electronic songs. Like Mike said in the conversation to NoBraiN: his remix fits to the rest of the album.
    But I'm not sad about this. I am very excited about this 'taking a risk' and also about how they will realize and play this new songs live...

4. Asua

Asua Well-Known Member

Ok time for bed. After waking up 7hrs later, I hope to find the entire track released. Goodnight LPA :)

5. cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

420 :D

6. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

They already topped Meteora when they released Minutes to Midnight.

7. BanditDee

BanditDee Member

Totally agree.

8. Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

OK. I guess I'm a little late to the party but I decided to read the thread before listening to the song. A lot of you are negative on the song and I understand it, but after listening to the song imo it doesn't sound great or bad. It's clearly a cut and paste job by Joe Hahn and you have to remember this is basically an ad. for MOH game. EA obviously told Joe Hahn to make it as epic or dramatic as possible, and so he took parts of the song that would mesh with the vibe of this game. I don't know how much time he had to make the video, but it's not a great video either and the whole thing looks like it was rushed. It almost has that feel of doing it because he's contracted to doing it and not because he wants to. Anyway, the song itself didn't sound extraordinary, but there are definitely elements of it I love. For example, towards the end the vocals are really good and different for a LP song. That was my favorite part. Guitars are minimal and this song obviously as the first single is mean to highlight the changes of the band. I think once we hear the whole thing tomorrow, we'll have a better feel for it but honestly I won't be surprised if this IS the song, but it's really not that bad and it sounds like a single. Ok off to hear the song more now...

9. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

You're absolutely right. The thing is that this doesn't sound really good to me..

10. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

Cmon people we all are being AKIRAROLLED by Shinoda and Company

11. starchild

starchild Well-Known Member

I can't believe I am saying this, but I actually liked NoBrain's version much more than what I heard on the trailer.

I'm not saying it's BAD. I do think it's good, but not as good as their past 3 singles have been. It's different for sure, but rather ordinary. It's not mind blowing.

12. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Wow I just realized the synth at Mike's part (2:53), stutters ever so slowly on purpose. That's so cool. This album definitely expanded LP as a band.

13. Saelie

Saelie Active Member

Really like what I'm hearing - electronica rock = cool :]

14. heavenscalamity

heavenscalamity Well-Known Member

The Lift me up, Let me go part of the song sounds so powerful. I really want to hear the rest of the lyrics, they intentionally edited it to keep us from hearing any new lyrics.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  15. Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

Yeah you're right, I didn't notice that until you mentioned it. But my favorite part of the song is that thing Chester does with his voice around 3:46. Usually in most LP songs, it's Chester going really high and sustaining that note and then back down again. That part really adds a dynamic to the song and just gives the song a little bit more kick. I think the album will be filled with little gems like this and that's why they want us to listen to it carefully and take a "journey" with them. On the surface it may or may not sound good, but it's definitely up to us as the listeners to be more attentive. Unfortunately, in this day and age it's just about instant gratification so a lot people may not like this album and it might not do as well commercially as previous LP albums. I don't think loosing fans is a bad thing necessarily. More like trimming the excess fat and becoming a more lean and mean machine.

16. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Hm, people are really hating on this, it seems.

I think it sounds wonderful. There's a depth to their sound that I've never heard before, and yet it feels so expansive. And yet, there's reminders of old Linkin Park still there (does this song not sound like My December to anyone (at least, the Reanimation version)?). I think we've got a lot to look forward to.

And I agree whole-heartedly with Ant: If it sounds good, that's what matters. Who cares if it's Linkin Park or another band?

And to be honest, the song gave me chills. For it to do that, and not even be the full song, it must be good.

17. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Amen, amen and oh yeah: AMEN. Totally agreed!

18. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

You sir, WIN!

19. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

One of the best posts I've read on this forum. However, I used the same philosophy and think it sounds pretty bad :p

The more I think about it, the more I appreciate the energy of the track, but those electo drums. Those damn electro drums. I don't know if I'll be able to get over that...but I hope I do.

20. hybridx

hybridx Well-Known Member

This song is fucking furious!

My favorite single so far.

So different, but still has the Linkin Park feel to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.