The Catalyst Out Now!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

The more I listen to the song, the more I like it. It might jump from a 6 to a 7 or 8 in the coming weeks for me.

Who would've thought?

2. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

"Finality" showed the perfect example of criticizing in an educated, non troll like manner. Good job! I respect your opinion!

I love this thing more and more by the listen.

3. lparker55

lparker55 Well-Known Member

New LPA member here and I'm proud to say I like The Catalyst!!! There's elements that I wish it had, I think this could have been a very excellent track with more lyrics and not so much repitition but... I give it a 7 out of 10, its very catchy, it has a good feel and vibe...Not my favorite Linkin Park song, I still like the heavier side compared to this techno side but hey I'm a LP fan, I like anything they put out!

4. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I could honestly picture this song being played in a club or at a rave or something. :lol:

The only negative point about it is that it's a little too repetative but otherwise I really love it. I've wanted a more electronic influenced LP for a while now so I'm really glad it's come to path.

5. LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

I love it!!! its one of their best work!! i cannot get enough of this song! Listen to it since it was on radio! :) i love the energy and the soul in it, the way that LPs style changed :) brilliant :) perfect :) i cannot wait for the album :>

6. lp_mohd

lp_mohd Banned

NICE I LIKE IT NOW ;p
    7\10

7. Spin

Spin Chaos that defies imagination

The lyrics are a bit repetitive, but all in all this song is really really good. Can't wait to see how they pull this one off live.

8. jgreene2010

jgreene2010 New Member

For those commenting on the repeating of lyrics-

In the interview with Chester after the premier, Chester says that they went with those repeating lyrics because they believed in the power that it had. He says that no matter where in the world you are from, you can relate to it.

9. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

I'm a fan of the first three minutes. I love these kinds of stuff.

10. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Welcome to the LPA. Thanks to you and everyone who has joined on this crazy day! We appreciate it and hope you enjoy your time here. :thumbsup:

11. spraypaintnink

spraypaintnink Banned

Rick Rubin needs to stop producing LP tracks.

12. Saoberlinwaves

Saoberlinwaves Banned

This is my only complaint... The entire song is basically a prechorus and a chorus over and over again with different lyrics... no verse

13. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I see what you're saying. What I've Done's format was like the old Linkin Park, but the actual sound and rawness of the track represented the rest of that album very well. They released that as a single to keep the hardcore LP fans interested since it was really the only song that was anything like Hybrid Theory or Meteora.

14. EdGreene

EdGreene Well-Known Member

If this is the worst song on the CD, I will be one very happy fan. It's not my favorite song ever, but man, it just kind of has this call to arms feeling for me that just gets me stoked (and I will never say stoked again after this). Those clips and that MOH trailer really didn't do it justice. I almost wish it kicked off the CD (he says without hearing the other 14 tracks). Good job LP, you have reaffirmed my faith in you as a band once again. Now to the rest of the CD!

15. Dismantle

Dismantle First person to create a 'Robot Boy' Remix

The Synth was the best part IMO... But i guess if you expected not to like it, you won't like it.

People already made theyre opinion on the song from the loads of released snippets. The first time i heared it on the radio i was like...I've heared it all before... but there an then, i LOVED the synth solo at 2mins into the song. IDK u think it sounds messy... Anyway, after downloading it to my itunes via Preorder link, i removed all the snippets out of my head, and gave it a 'first impression' listen as if i've never heared anything of it before. and i LOVED IT, so powerful, and so meaningful, The Wierd voice effect for the 'god bless us' makes it that much cooler, it's a really cool flanger that makes the vocals stand out. You clearly have your negative opinion about this song ever since your first rubbish snippet you heared. Anyway, i know i'm only talking to you and i always do, but that's because i can't help but feel like you prejudge the song just out of first impressions. You NEED to listen t it silently 1 on 1 with a good cup of dandelion and burdock. And seriously understand the lyrics. And the melody in the synth solo if the fucking best part. High five. But obv your 6/10 is complete and utter bullshit. it's more of a 9/10 if not 9.5/10.

16. Ace_Linkin

Ace_Linkin I Can Count To Potato

i agree with the lyrics being some what repetitive but im digging the track like i said earlier it sounds pretty dark

17. Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

You need to stop posting.

18. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

I'll definitely run with The Catalyst on repeat in my iPod. I think I can do a 30k run without resting with this song on. lol

19. lp_mohd

lp_mohd Banned

mike he's the man and sure joe 2

20. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

You know what you need to do? Quit being a fucking troll.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.