The Catalyst Out Now!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

Thank you. This is video of the year. :awesome:

2. Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I'd say it's more trance.

Oh, I jest.

3. OkamiSensei

Good, because I was about to go :FUUUUUU: on you. :lol:

4. Pedro18

Pedro18 Well-Known Member

And this song doesn't has tons of energy? I must be listening to the wrong song then.

And just as you said originally started them in music, if they keep doing it it wouldn't be originally anymore, it would just be the same stuff over and over again, the lyricall contente could change bue the sound would be the same, they woul be a band with no creativity at all, because they would be doing a part 3 of hybrid and a parte 4 and a part 5, and so on and on.

They are better musicians than that, they have too much creativity in them to be limited to a type of music, to a genre of music, especially one in which there isn't much to go on, and that restrains their creativity and their pleasure in making music. Im my opinion if i was a musician and i was obliged to create the same type of music over and over again, it would be painfully.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  5. ...

... Well-Known Member

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/techno

A style of music characterised by electronic sounds and fast, energetic, very repetitive rhythms.

I'd say it'd definitely has elements of techno, not entirely though. It's cross-genre..

6. OkamiSensei

This. Although it's been said many times before. :lol:

7. Dissociative

Dissociative Well-Known Member

*dead*

lol What a surprise. I knew a narcissistic music snob would respond.
    I didn't say the song was full blown "Techno". You know what I meant. It has techno elements in it.

8. Spin

Spin Chaos that defies imagination

Wow, ATS is already #9 on Itunes. That took no time at all.

9. Pedro18

Pedro18 Well-Known Member

Some people just seem not to get it at all, maybe if we say this enough times they would get it, but i don't see that hapenning

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  10. ...

... Well-Known Member

Everyone complained a lot of the songs were the same as HT and they were right, but I just think they jumped the gun a bit hard after Meteora, is all. They could've stretched themselves lyrically and instrumentally without completely changing genre to try and find some creativity.

11. ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

who said it was pop? LOL

12. mydecember101

mydecember101 New Member

I think most people are overlooking the most obvious difference in this song compared to there previous work ..."The Lyrics". this is a deeply religious based anthem, thats why i believe the lyrics are repetetive.. so we can absorb a meaning.

I personally believe lyrically this is the biggest statement LP have made .. this world is on a knifes edge ..slowly but surely we are shredding this world from the very core and with that comes our own demise..one day we will be left with nothing..and our fate as a race may no longer be left in our hands ... maybe "god" is all we will have left to rely on....

God save us every one
    Will we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns
    For the sins of our hand
    The sins of our tongue
    The sins of our father
    The sins of our young

"Lift me up.. Let me go "

To me its feels like a plea for help before we lose our way...as if we need a "sign" or hand to help us on our feet ..then let us free again ... i cant recall a LP song with such a clear cut message about where our past , present and future lies.

13. usblackbird

usblackbird Well-Known Member

Too many comments, didn't read them all o_O

Anyway, I really enjoyed the song, it's been on repeat for me =)

The only nitpicking I got is that at some points the synth part doesn't seem to be synced with the electric drum beat. This, of course, is probably a side-effect of having played with the stems for way too long so for all I know I'm just crazy lol.

14. the11thdoctor

the11thdoctor Resident Time Lord

Yep! Hmm... wonder what "A Thousand Suns: The Full Experience" is?!

15. ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

another making of? misslabeled tho

16. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

It's not techno.
    It's not pop.
    It's not electronica.
    It's not dance.
    It's not trance.
    It's not metal.
    It's not rock.

It's LINKIN PARK.

This band seriously has their own genre. Now get the fuck over it.

17. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

The only problem with that theory is that it isn't a video though O-o

18. WraithFromShadow

WraithFromShadow New Member

Wow, it's really here. I'm into synth and had no problem with how it sounded on The Catalyst. The bass line was to my liking, and even though the guitar took a backseat I still liked what I heard.

I guess this will be an eternal debate on whether or not they should go back to their old style (pointless debate most likely since the band has been making the case that they will not do so for years now). My guess is that if they would have stayed with their old style right now I'd be reading rants and complaints about how they can't get past the same kind of guitar riffs, Chester only screams, same kind of tempo, etc..

About the repetitiveness; I heard songs before that had even less lyrics than The Catalyst and sounded fine. I guess the issue then for people is that the same lyrics get used more than what you'd hear in a regular song. But this isn't a regular song now is it? :)

Anyway, overall I liked the song, and am looking forward to the rest of the album.

19. Ace_Linkin

Ace_Linkin I Can Count To Potato

as a christian i would love for this meaning to be the true meaning behind the song but i highly doubt thats what the band was going for

20. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

Ok, so I had this song stuck in my head all day at work, and as a result, I like it much more now!

Kinda weird, but whatever. The track is SUCH a grower it's crazy. I still have lots of problems with it, but I think after repeated listenings (about 5 or so), I'd give it a 7.75/10.

Now, lots of you will think that's a low number, but a song must really make me "WOW HOLY SHIT" to score a 9 and a 10 happens very very very very rarely in my mind. Most good LP songs are between 7 and 8 for me, with TLTGYA scoring a 9.5 and Breaking The Habit pulling off a 9.

In case you haven't noticed, I have a very methodical, math oriented mind :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.