The Catalyst Premium CD Single Stickers

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Along with the standard two track CD single of The Catalyst released internationally on the 27th August, there will also be a premium edition of the single that features an A Thousand Suns sticker pack. As we have reported before, this single will feature The Catalyst & New Divide (Live). You can check out the sticker pack below.

[thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/articleimages/080610-101235_Catalyst Stickers.JPG[/thumb]

Source: linkinpark.de

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

And with that bottom right sticker, there's yet another nod to WW2.

Even if this isn't a concept album, it's clear WW2/the idea of war as well as the atomic bomb tests at least had a big impact on the creative process of this CD.

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Awesome. Wonder if the sticker in the bottom right has anything to do with the upcoming music video? Maybe not could just be a promo picture of some kind. Makes me think of the MoH trailer.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

The top left "Triangle" logo reminds me blatantly of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon.

ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

well it's an triangle...the dark side of the moon atleast had a prisma haha...but the triangle is often used in warning symbols and...(i recently watched national treasure) a symbol for famous groups.

that one on the bottom left is interesting, love how they used the lplogo as "trademark" symbol.

I hope my local cd store will have that single, last time I went for a MTM premium single, they hadnt it but Ive found it in another store... (my local cd store claims to be the biggest cd store in the world...)

dkrebel

dkrebel Headbang Motherfucker!

I hope i can order one here in Holland!

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Nice! I wonder if this is availible in the UK? I'll be sure to pick it up. The stickers look sweet.

and btw... DBS's logo looked way more like 'Dark side of the moon' than this does. IMO

clay-end

clay-end Well-Known Member

the last 2 could've made a better album cover

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Especially the one with the soldiers. Really digging that. I hope they include more war themes into the artwork.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

It HAS to be a concept album..

Just not a rock opera like American Idiot and such.

Ryez

Ryez Active Member

Question: This album is supposedly best listened to from start to finish, but the track listings I've seen have The Catalyst pegged past track 10. If it's a start to finish album, why would they not release track 1 as the first single?

The logic here is that the later tracks will be more like conclusions or later parts of a story of some kind, so to start with something toward the end shouldn't actually work. And to be honest, this song still isn't growing on me ... I can't seem to understand it. I like the ideas in it, I think it has a lot of potential, but it just doesn't seem like a song yet ... maybe it's lacking the context of the order in which the album is meant to be played in?

seannfma1

seannfma1 Member

Dont i get a physical copy of the catalyst, i preorderd it the day i could

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Mike has said more than once (most recently yesterday) that there ISN'T a story being told. That's why he won't call it a concept album. However, there is some sort of benefit to listening to ATS beginning to end. What he means by that is unclear, but it's not a story. Although I do agree that The Catalyst sounds like the end of some kind of journey. It still is an amazing song IMO.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

im sure i'll be buying a copy of The Catalyst Single soon after i get my copy of A Thousand Suns.

Ryez

Ryez Active Member

Yeah note I said "story of some kind", so even if it's not a story, it'll flow within the album and be able to be loosely described as a "story". Not sure if you intended it, but the way you wrote that had a scolding tone to it. It seems pretty common on this site ... is it because everyone is so passionate about the music that any remote negative thought about it is like a baseball bat being swung at puppies?

rusa162

rusa162 Well-Known Member

Too bad I wasted all my money on Deluxe Fan Edition:( ...I kinda liked the one with the soldiers

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Mike essentially said the songs can work on their own but it's not the complete experience, so listening to the entire record is much preferred.

Shockwavez

Shockwavez Member

Nice stickers!!! I agree with Derek, I think WW2 will be a main point of this album..but I think there will be also other aspects where Linkin Park looked at.

Ant

Ant Ambient

I prefer all of these stickers to the actual album cover, personally.

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

Solider theme is awesome,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.