You know what's depressing about new albums??

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by toxicbszone, Aug 6, 2010.

toxicbszone

toxicbszone Active Member

That after they came out you have another like 2-4 years to wait until the next one comes :ermm:

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

You've also got to consider their busy schedule.
    It doesn't take overnight to write and compose an album.

toxicbszone

toxicbszone Active Member

True. like, i'm not complaining but its kust like that and it sucks... its like the feeling you have the day after your birthday lol

kidOhri

kidOhri Well-Known Member

haha yes! but y'know... that's what being a fan is all about imo. you ALWAYS want to hear something new, cause you're so damn excited about the last album that might've come out even the day before. that doesn't matter... because: what would happen if the fans would stop being hungry for new stuff? ;)

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I can see what you mean.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

The one thing about linkin park though, is that they're the only band that comes out with an album where you can listen to the music on it for at least 2 years and not get bored with it. There's always something new, powerful, and unique to it where you can listen to it over and over again. Then the third year gets sucks, and by the fourth year we're all anticipating a follow-up album.

ameenshake

ameenshake Banned

IF that really is a problem, then you should try expanding your music tastes. There are plenty of good new albums all the time, otherwise just listen to old stuff (from other bands). I was once like you, I was so over obsessed with Linkin Park that I didn't give other music a chance.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Cannot agree more! And let's not forget about LPU 10! And Mikes quote that goes something like "We're will try to release more music more often."

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I think after looking back between Meteora and MTM, the band has realized what a mistake it is to disappear for months and months and months.

The wait between MTM and ATS wasn't bad at all. we got 8 bit, we got road to revolution, we got Dead by Sunrise, we got New Divide, and we got Not Alone. Even though i didn't like Not Alone, it was a lot better than doing nothing and we still get to hear from the band now and then. Then we have all these puzzles and hype from ATS helping to pad out the time. Plus, now we got Adam and people at LPHQ helping out with all these extra giveaways and secret hints.

Benjamin

You didn't even mention LPU 7, 8 and 9! You're right it hasn't been that bad. All there was between Meteora and M2M was Fort Minor and a few LPU cd's. That definitely was way too long of a drought.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

/cough Collision Course /cough Live in Texas

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

well, it was all before or during 2004. After the start of 2005, i dont think i saw a single piece of significant Linkin Park ..anything.. until that fall when The Rising Tied promos began. It was like 9 months of doldrums there. Didn't help that Mike was sitting on his own record waiting for the label to release it.

Then after Fort Minor winded down, there was nothing in 2006 besides Summer Sonic, and Qwerty. and then it was back to waiting. We didn't really hear much from the band at all. There's none of this impromptu ustream chats like they have nowdays.

basically from 2005 to March 2007 it was Linkin Park famine.

Benjamin

Haha how could I forget those?

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I believe the issue at hand was:

not that there was nothing between 2005 to 2007.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I have plenty of other music to occupy my attention, so it's never the end of the world just 'cause LP aren't putting out new stuff any time soon. I never get impatient with that stuff. :)