A Thousand Suns Track Times

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

Robot Boy [4:28]

Not what i expected , i want this album so bad !!!!

Erockk2121

Erockk2121 New Member

Some of those times may be off. I was comparing them to the 6-track sampler list that we got a while back and some of the tracks match while some of them don't. I'm a little pissed that there are only 10 quality length songs on ATS if this turns out to be true. I'm all about the quality of songs from LP so I don't think some of these had to be as long as they are. The possible 5 tracks of intros/interludes/instrumentals is just ridiculous. Reminds me of an Eminem album with a bunch of skits, minus the longer CD length.

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

IM more than ok with this. I dont get why people are freaking out. New LP? ENJOY IT! :)

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Playing this whole thing live makes even more sense to me after seeing these lengths. Their concerts could be 90 minutes. I was anticipating a 55-65 minute type of album. With ATS, they would take about 47-50 minutes to play it which would leave the other half for old stuff. Makes perfect sense to me.

KiAllen

KiAllen Well-Known Member

I really don't think there's anything to complain about here. Only 9 "songs", so what? Quality, not quantity, my friends

Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

it would be interestin to see if LP put vocals to songs ..requeium..journda del muerto..and fallout...

rest timings are perfect..pretty much as expected...

Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

'Empty Spaces' took me by surprise, lol. :D

ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

-> Robot Boy (if its the song to which chester is rapping poorly) is by the far the worst song. I love the screaming but the rapping and 80s POP like beat and melody makes it horrible.

Sounds promising?

TLC

TLC Well-Known Member

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

I think instead that's the point. I feel like Minus at times and want just to respond, even if it's inutil, but it gets so frustrating to read people saying everywhere that LP gone techno techo techno.. they don't even f****** know what they are talking about. Gosh i am a some kind of musician myself and i recognize that is Not techno, so how can be some people, specially on You Tube, be so stupid?? You just might want to respond.
    Or go to see a video of Limp Bizkit with the new song "Walking Away". Instead of commenting and making compliments to the band for the return, people writes things as "better than the catalyst" or "better than linkin park", out of nowhere. That's ridicolous, and i just couldn't resist to respond them and ask in which way the want to compare the 2 bands (one staying the boring same o' same and the other changing direction constantly), just like to say Slipknot is better than NIN or viceversa, how can that be compared??!

So basically i do understand the lately comments of Minus. Many people needs simply to piss off, because i am getting tired in going in LP pages and read bullshit, it makes me desire not to enter in any of LP's sites anymore because you only get annoyed, no maturity, only people wanting to bother.
    And i am glad to find someone who has my same point of views, someone who tries to keep clean AT LEAST a LP forum (so LP FANS), because we don't need HT fanatics on here, seriously, i want a break from that. It's exhausting to see people's senseless stubborness (and they might even say it just to follow the LP-senseless-haters-masses out there, but at night they might go under covers and have an orgasm in listening how well The Catalyst sounds, i'm sure there's also those people, otherwise it wouldn't have topped over 12 millions listens in the first day at the radio; i don't like Lady Gaga, so i don't search her new song for letting the hell out, so i do believe there are more people than we think saying LP sucks but liking it anyway).

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
    Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Not bothered about the length of the album, but I was hoping for one or two songs that were in excess of TLTGYA kinda length.
    S'all good though.

LP/DBS/FMFreak8908

LP/DBS/FMFreak8908 Well-Known Member

guys this could be the track times but it very well could not be them..the band hasnt even confirmed this yet but either way idgaf..ill enjoy the album either way..LP is my favorite band and they always will be (NOTHING and i mean NOTHING) is ever gonna change that, so im PRETTY STOKED anyway!!!...

Asua

Asua Well-Known Member

I'm fine with the length of the entire album.
    Also, don't be alarmed by Ana's review. Firstly, she states that she couldn't hear the songs that well.
    Secondly, it's only her opinion. Maybe she's not into all this experimental stuff. For all I know, she could be
    into Enya music, who knows.

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I won't commit to the track times until confirmed but so far it seems legit. The album still looks very promising and the times don't bother me at all. I am still going by what Mike said about hearing this album as a whole from start to finish. So for now I don't see track numbers or times. I just see ATS as a whole and can't wait to hear it as a whole and not as a track number.

noonetohearme

noonetohearme Member

I'm happy that they're taking risks and everything because that's the way it should be. BUT, being a hardcore LP....I'm a little skeptical about the filler songs. Maybe if the actual regular songs are epic enough that it won't matter, then it will be awesome. But if this is an album that only included like 8 or 9 songs are 4 of them are songs like "In Between", "In Pieces", "Valentine's Day", & "Hands Held High"...............then it will kind of be a downer....

Don't get me wrong, I like all of LP's songs, but I listen to Meteora's entire album more than I listen to MTM's....(full album listen through), I'm trusting that LP's creative ability is coming out strong in this album and it should be great.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I'm concerned that people consider songs with short lengths to be 'filler songs.'

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Apparently there are only two slow songs, so you don't need to worry about that.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

I'm impressed. But I'm surprised to see track 2 being a short one! both 1 & 2 are pretty short actually, i really cant visualize how that'll work really. but anyway...

And yeah, like Minus said, the short tracks dont nessisarily mean filler.

They could very well be vocal driven songs that arent all instrumentals.

It really sounds like they'll be loads of 'Technique [short]'s on ATL. I love that track

AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

I'm not going to really go by anything until its officially stated by LP.

And I am going with the belief that who cares about how long this one is and that one is, we are going to listen to the whole thing from start to finish like one giant song of epicness.

... Well-Known Member

anything under 2 mins really is, cuz it's over before you know it and not worth keeping on repeat.. i honestly think most of the short tracks are indeed just fillers to merge the songs together, albeit if they have vocals.

i do however think that repetitive songs should be very short... e.g Song 2 by Blur.. brilliant song only 2:02

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.