RAR Files

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Nobody Can Shave Me Now, Aug 18, 2010.

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

So this may be vague but I dont understand these mofos. How do i convert, unzip, etc. a rar file so I can use it? I have Winrar but im such a noob when it comes to these guys. Any help?:D

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

on WinRAR (i hate having to use this application btw) all you have to do is click the Extract button on the top menu and then choose where you want it extracted to.

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

I did that and when I find teh file I clicked it and do I open it? Im not familiar with this at all!

Bob

Bob of LPU infamy.

I'm presuming you have some flavour of Windows here.

Browse to the file you wish to unzip in your file explorer and double-click. This will open WinRAR, and click on "Extract To". You'll be asked where you wish to unzip the .rar file to. Once you've selected the appropriate folder, click "OK".

And that's all you need to do :)

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

You don't even have to open WinRAR. Just right click on the .rar in explorer and click 'Extract Here' to 'Extract to blah blah/', and it'll either extract the files to that folder (first option) or extract them to a folder with the name name as the rar. It's really simple, and you don't have to look at the horrible application ever.

rcm034

rcm034 Well-Known Member

Get 7-zip, its a great archiving / unarchiving program. Totally free and can open most formats, as well as make .7z files that have the best compression ratio i have ever seen.