Shinedown

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by darkviruz, Aug 21, 2010.

darkviruz

darkviruz Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinedown

What do u think of them? Great Band, awesome Music. Dont have an Album which i doesnt like.

Xpeerahmental

Xpeerahmental Well-Known Member

Haha, yeah they're good, they're songs are played constantly over here in the states.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I love Shinedown, they're a fantastic band. Really great to listen to when you're traveling somewhere.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, Shinedown are awesome. I remember when they were a pretty small band when they released Leave A Whisper and then even over here in the UK got huge after Sound of Madness.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Just another generic mainstream band to me. They are ok I guess

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Shinedown. I despise this band. Second Chance annoys me incredibly, along with the majority of their songs. The only song i really like of theirs is Save Me, but other than that, meh.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Saw them live recently. Completely blown away. They put on a damn good show. I met them afterwords too, awesome guys, really friendly. Extremely ballsy with their setlist, they played two songs from soundtracks, and closed the main set with a fucking b-side. Love them. Don't like Shinedown? This should change your mind.
    [video=youtube;F7SY3sCIKnM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7SY3sCIKnM[/video]

Disturbedthoughts

Disturbedthoughts *Twitch*

Call it unprofessional if you will but you have to admit they have passion. I saw them live at a music festival in Seattle, they started with a few of their harder songs off of Sound of Madness and he was just going nuts...He thrashed his voice so bad after those few songs he actually lost it. He did as best he could for the rest of their set. I was impressed. He even came out to the grass section (where I was) to greet people. I got to meet him, cool guy (unfortunately my camera was dead :wallbash: ). Got their albums after that and I enjoy them. Admittedly they were seriously overplayed on the radio for quite a while which was annoying. Their new song Diamond Eyes is really good. Check it out if you haven't.

erasus

erasus Well-Known Member

Shinedown has one of the best vocalists these days :) kick ass band

think i'm a fire engine

think i'm a fire engine Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, Shinedown reminds me of the worst cover bands that play in every bar in every city in America that isn't on a coastline. They built their fanbase up by releasing a couple covers of really mediocre songs, then filled up some CDs with some originals that make Nickelback look creative. And while I realize that that's the recipe for what little success in the biz there is to be had these days, it doesn't make for quality music. The fact that their singer has some charisma and, admittedly, can hold a pretty decent note doesn't even come close to tipping the scales in their favor.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Awesome vocalist!
    I like them. I dont love them.
    But they are way better than Nickelback!
    Sound of madness is a great rock album

Disturbedthoughts

Disturbedthoughts *Twitch*

I'll admit you have some good points. They aren't the best or most creative out there. What they do they do very well. I would at least rate them above Nickelback :lol: I didn't hear the cover of Simple Man until the day of the concert. They played it over the loud speaker, they didn't play it all during their set. Not even a tease. I did hear 45 and Save Me before the concert on the radio though. So I think its a tad unfair to think their fame is solely due to their cover.

Brentaliath

Brentaliath Revived 2012

decent band, and random fact but my name is also Brent Smith like the lead singer, so gotta give them props for that cool factor.:)