SPOILER ALERT : Preview Clips

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Polychromatic, Sep 6, 2010.

Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

I know there has been a thread posted for this, on the front page. But I'd rather have more professional opinions on this one. Not just "oh my god this shocked me" stuff.

I really think that these previews changed everything I thought about the album. Interludes are more than just 1:30 fillers. They have emotion, they are songs. I appreciate them so much more.

Here's my rundown:

- The Requiem: A haunting, dark intro. I really think this is the best they came up with to start an album.

- The Radiance: I thought it would just be a boring speech, but the instrumental behind it is very Mike Shinoda remix-esque. It flows pretty nicely.

- Burning In The Skies: I like the instrumental behind it, and the lyrics are very soft, and well pretty fitting.

- Empty Spaces: Exactly, and I mean exactly what I expected.

- When They Come For Me: Heavily diverse, I enjoy Mike's rapping and the beat behind it. The chorus, it seems to me isn't really vocals, but more of chants.

- Robot Boy: Less than what I expected, but I still really like it for some reason. It has more electronic influence than what I expected. (Funny thing, it's title, and I didn't expect it to have electronic influence)

- Jornada Del Muerto: Reminds me of a distorted version of Robot Boy. I liked it though. The synth is epic, and well fitting.

- Waiting For The End: More poppish and ballad-like from what I previously heard. I still like this song though, can't wait to hear Mike's verses.

- Blackout: Once again, I thought Ana went overboard with what she said, but it's the truth. The instrumental behind Chester's screaming early on is awful. The scratching part is very reanimation-esque though.

- Wretches and Kings: Great song, especially the full version.

- Wisdom, Justice, and Love: My favorite interlude. Very haunting, cold, dark, and scary. I enjoy every second of the clip. It's very emotion and the robotic voice is perfect.

- Iridescent: Reminds me of a lighter version of Burning In The Skies. I would love to see the build up on this one.

- Fallout: A dark robotic interlude using the lines from Burning The Skies.

- The Catalyst: I really love this song.

- The Messenger: A perfect way to close out the album. I really like it. Chester's vocals are top notch here.

This is judge off of clips, so sorry if i'm not spot on with everything. Anyone else wanna do a track by track off of clips? I can't wait to hear the rest.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
    Eric

Eric Member

At first, i was listening to these clips and was thinking what the f..., but now after a few listens it really dawned on me they did say it would be different and it was and im loving it. cant wait to purchase my copy on September 14th :)

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Thanks for posting this! I'm really excited now. Even more excited rather.

Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

You are welcome. I updated it to give it more of a professional, descriptive type feel.
    I contradicted myself with that fact, so it needed an update.