A Thousand Suns Clips

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. easier2run077

easier2run077 Member

no offense, but no one, not even the band, said they'd do an HT part 2 or whatever, so to expect that isnt realistic.

2. zayl

zayl Friendly neighbor revenge seeking vigilante

I don't like it, why?
    These songs r just too weak, to slow, they do not have the power which was present even in some of (crappy) MTM songs..
    They do not use they band members abilities... gosh where the guitars are?
    clips do not make me feel as they were suposed to. I feel just bored after listening to them, and sure that not buying the album was good decision.
    I know I know, I am one of the people who does not get that the LP changes, I understand it but i would like to still enjoy their songs but i can't, now i can't.
    the only song which sounds nice to me is Blackout

Sorry for my bad english, just registered to say what i feel about the album..

3. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

First off, I don't think anyone wants another Hybrid Theory. The style is so old.

Which is probably why you only liked Wretches and Kings. That song is like the only thing that harkens back to the 'old sound' with traditional rap and rock.

I listen to a lot of music. I have a very wide spectrum that I enjoy, from folk, rock, d&b, dubstep, jazz, foreign, and even orchestral. If LP doesn't stick to the conventional sound they got famous to, that's fine by me. I will always have an ear for new music.

And just because you wish for the HT and Meteora days, it doesn't mean the band does.

"This isn't Linkin Park" - don't make me laugh. I believe you mean, "This isn't the Linkin Park I want." And guess what? The band DOESN'T CARE what you want. They're out there to make music for themselves, and if you don't like it, there's the door.

4. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

They were in pop radio! and hey remember, they aren't "nu-metal". that's what they said!

5. Vic

Vic No game no life

Geeez man, Please read what the band has witten about the album. And hear what they've said. Really you're pathetic.

6. oriz

oriz Banned

Yeah that's true. Who would want another 5x platinum album? Not me for sure.

7. lpdelta

lpdelta New Member

the most interesting song is waitting for the end

8. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

And these 12 year olds claim they're old school LP fans? LOL. I've been a LP fan since 2001 if not before. If you don't like it don't listen to it. Go listen to Justin Bieber instead. Oh and I can't believe people are still complaining about the old LP sound being mostly gone. Meteora was seven years ago...move on.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  9. arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

if trent reznor got his balls chopped off this is how it would sound like

10. Spin

Spin Chaos that defies imagination

Haters gonna hate. That is all.

11. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Seconded.
    Boohoo. The band evolved. Do everyone a favor and move on if you don't want to listen to them anymore.

12. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

DANG IT I REALLY LIKED THIS BAND. EVERYONE, WE ARE ALL GIVING UP. THERE'S NO HOPE. THIS IS A SAD DAY RIP LP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oriz, you're full of it. You can have an opinion, but don't be a troll about it.

13. nikos

nikos Active Member

14. oriz

oriz Banned

Hey, I heard they are playing some of the songs off the new album on some soft rock stations around here, can anyone confirm this?

15. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

[​IMG]

16. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

It will be a good album and it will sale. As I said earlier.
    Hybrid sold not because it was "nu metal" or "Rap/rock" it sold because that album you could play from beginning to end. You didn't have to skip, not once! That's how perfect it was. Regardless that it suffered from the numetal sound and it was "rap/rock" whatever they were throwing at you at the time (which was new then, now it's consider nu metal) was a beautiful thing. Reanimation remixed out of that and showed another beautiful side of the band that wasn't even out. Meteora tried to mimic the success of Hybrid, and as an album, it EPIC FAILED. Sure it sold but it sucked from an artistic stand point. Minutes 2 Midnight was a step in the right direction, but too early. This album for the most part, looks like it's their best album yet. And I say this based on those 30 sec clip. The feel I heard felt like something I could hear as one big ass song. Which is how I saw Hybrid :).

17. Noodles

Noodles Active Member

Eye no liek wut happun 2 lp?? liek oh em gee dis aint hybrid theory wut is dis???
    On a more serious note, if you are part of the 1% of fans who want another Hybrid Theory, that's fine. But don't trash the music they make now.

18. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

Oriz is clearly a jealous Justin Bieber fan.

19. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

When They Come For Me should be a single!

20. bryanl

bryanl Member

A sugarcoated version of MTM. Doesn't mean it's bad and it doesn't mean it is good. I definitely miss the more energetic style of the band but I can appreciate this new direction. Will purchase the album when it comes out and can't wait until a few more albums to see where they take this sound. The experiment started with MTM and it is shaping up to be something more focused of what their new vision is. I see the last two albums as project.1 and project.2... it's like an experimental journey the band is going thru right now and each album is a step.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.