A Thousand Suns Clips

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lparker55

lparker55 Well-Known Member

It is safe to say that the aggressive side of LP has gone... I actually thought this record would be aggressive based on the concept of album being nuclear, end of the world apocalyptic sounding, but damn its like melodic and just ehhh

2. usblackbird

usblackbird Well-Known Member

Cools clips. Can't wait to hear the whole thing! The Radiance sounds trippy to me for some reason...

3. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

It's hard to appreciate things if you didn't like the genre in the first place. If you don't like a particular genre, then you don't like it.
    Certain people's preconceptions about this or that genre is very constraining.
    That's why I quit debating and arguing about those things when I was 17 years old.

LP is a "malleable" band. It's hard to keep up with this band especially if you have stubborn criteria of what is good or bad music, and what is cool or not.

4. Pedro18

Pedro18 Well-Known Member

Except that this is not their first record. There is a time and place for everything.

A time for Hybrid is gone, almost 10 years gone.

And who's to say that they would not have the same amount of fans? It wouldn't be the same fans, but they could have the same number or even higher numbers.

Just because you and other fans don't like it, it doesn't mean that other people who never liked the more heavy sounding Linkin Park, are attracted to the more soft side of Linkin Park.

Some of my friends started to Like Linkin Park, when they released MTM, others liked them more with HT, others like all of their work.

The diversity of people around the world is enormous, some like fish, some like meat, some like both.

5. MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

-Sigh-....I do not like the fact that Linkin Park have "grown up"....I truely miss the old style of Linkin Park.

6. lparker55

Thanks Derek, I don't want to upset anyone or anything and I certainly don't want to bad mouth a band that has given me so much since I was 15... Your right we do need people to argue more sensibly in this world

7. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Sir, I would like you to define the word "aggressive."

This is their most aggressive album yet. They're charting new territories. Look at The Catalyst for god sakes. It's a very diverse track with a lot of experimentation with synths and structure. And they decided to make it their FIRST SINGLE.

I have a feeling that you think aggressive means CHESTER SCREAMING

8. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I still don't see where Linkin Park are metal, especially like...Metallica. :lol:

9. Xpeerahmental

Xpeerahmental Well-Known Member

Naw, not afraid. :lol: It's not that they're afraid of the change, it's just not appealing to them. It's nice to embrace change but LP has had full on sexual relations with change. xD Not scary, just.. ehhhh, to some, not me, I'm liking the sounds of this album, but I do miss some of the older aspects.

And dude, I'm pretty sure the guy trolling wasn't comparing them to metal or Metallica, just putting it to scale that if they were once Metallica they're now Coldplay if I remember it right.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  10. lparker55

No I am not dumb bLePn... I define aggressive like you can bang to your head to it, you can rock to it... Give me guitars, screaming, give me breakdowns, give me guitar solos... Anger is my aggressive, I understand what your saying about their aggressive in how they went about the album but their music is not aggressive like it used to be... For god sakes, are you telling me that their sound is as aggressive as their old styles... They may be more aggressive minded in terms of their mindset going into the record but their music is not... All I heard from those snippets besides Blackout and Wretches and Kings were melodic synth sounding music... Thats not aggressive, is Coldplay an aggressive sounding band or is Metallica... I think most people would say Metallica...so no I'm not dumb

11. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Very true. Open-mindedness is a good thing.

12. SonnyIanni

SonnyIanni Well-Known Member

exactly The Lucky1 i was using those bands a examples

13. Benjamin

:hitself:

14. lparker55

SonnyIanni's point is can you imagine Metallica sounding like Coldplay? haha I laugh at even thinking about that, LP has done that in my opinion. They've gone from a heavy sound to a soft sound like in every way

15. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Can't wait 'til this album cycle ends and people go back to being respectful of each other. :)

As for me, I'll say Linkin Park got me into music, and it's mostly because of their music that I listen to all the different types of music I listen to. :) I've yet to feel at all alienated by any of the post-"Meteora" material, so I feel I'll be pretty open-minded to whatever this new album has to offer.

From all I've heard about this album, though I haven't heard these new previews, I'd compare to Nine Inch Nails' "Year Zero" or M.I.A.'s "MAYA". Except I don't think it'll be as abrasive as those albums; I think it'll put across its point in a more subtle way. I'm a big fan of electronic music, just about all types of electronic music, so "A Thousand Suns" is unlikely to disappoint me if there's a lot of that going on. ;P

And, then, I haven't heard much of "Kid A", not being a big Radiohead fan, but I could already agree that Linkin Park are at their "Kid A" stage, yeah. :)

16. SonnyIanni

SonnyIanni Well-Known Member

I'm not dissing the song but they make the song Blackout sound as hard and aggressive as they can without guitars (so far). IDK if there are guitars on that song but they definetly could replace the synth (i have nothing against electronic music)

17. Benjamin

All that means is that Linkin Park is more talented than Metallica.

18. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

I really don't see what all the bitching is about.. No offense to everyone who hates it, I respect your opinions, but for the people who are saying this is flat out "gay", "not aggresive", "not the old LP", GET OVER IT. They ARE Linkin Park, a bands sound isn't ALWAYS the same. This isn't good charlotte, greenday, etc. And for people hating on Coldplay, I happen to love Coldplay. I understand why people may be a bit upset, but Linkin Park said don't let the first listen set in, keep listening. And people "judging" these songs by 30 second clips is ridiculous, the album is 46 minutes people, not I remember this happening with Minutes to Midnight and I actually thought it was lame and it was pretty good. This I actually "LIKE" so, it will most likely sound amazing to ME.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  19. lparker55

I guess the band hates guitars haha may as well tell Brad and Pheonix to start playing new instruments... Maybe we'll get some Saxophone, Bongo drums, and a tambourine or some shit from the two

20. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

A bango drum would be pretty badass. :D Now we know why Brad looks pissed at the end of ATS trailer. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.