A Thousand Suns Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

The cigarette made it so much better :lol:

2. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I'm about to go smoke another one after I finish this third playthrough.

I want it now, but I can't just stop the album in the middle.

There are VERY few albums in the world that I've listened to that can make me do that.

3. DisturbedOne98

DisturbedOne98 Well-Known Member

I thought Robot Boy would have sounded way different. I expected a lot more rapping and electronic elements on that song.

4. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

No, the Grammy doesn't go to Linkin Park because if you haven't noticed, Grammys don't go to anything good, they only go to autotuned pieces of trash like Justin Beiber. I think not winning a Grammy is the biggest honor a band can get.

5. misery

misery Well-Known Member

Maybe I'll grow to like it a bit more, I'm currently doing my second listen.

This album definitely requires multiple listens, it's pretty complex, lots of layers.

6. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Alright from first listening im not loving this album! (its a good thing)
    I know it will grow on me for sure and i will love it to death, but right now i feelt that it was pretty good but not amazing.
    My opinion will change as i hear it more times and in better quality, this quality was kinda really bad.

my fave from first listening are:
    Waiting for the end
    When they come for me
    The Messenger(Best song of the album... love it)

Cant wait for the official versions! Blackout was not that good in my opinion. I dont like the second half of the song

7. Xman116

Xman116 New Member

Hmm...On Track The Messenger right now. I'd say Meteora is still my favorite album by the band, always will be. I feel this album is about the same as hybrid theory. I'll never forget sitting in class junior year and popping my friends copy in of HB and just from papercut starting it was something different. Meteora just grabbed me more and just holds something closer to me than hybrid theory. Minutes to midnight took a long time for me to really enjoy and mostly because the aggressive side had utmost vanished. A thousand suns I can accept because the catalyst let you know what kind of album this is going to be. What Ive done did not. What Ive done was more of a song that was part of the album but was rather misleading when I heard the rest of the album, however a great song nonetheless. It appears to me that this album is just more focused and flows totally through all the way, even if there is a song you may not like, it fits together as a full puzzle, even the interludes which may be short nonetheless fit together just fine. I can appreciate the band for doing something different, and making progress. Bands, rappers that do not progress are not artist, they are puppets. "Pull my strings and i'll sing for you i'm your pupppet". If you can only come up with music that is going to get you on the radio then you are what I like to call a sell out.

I'd rank em like this.

Meteora, A Thousand Suns/Hybrid Theory, Minutes to Midnight

8. Minus

Yes, I said it.

I've always said that Reanimation was better than HT. MTM is better than HT, in my opinion. And this easily trumps all.

9. pytt

pytt Self-proclaimed Genius

They might as well put all the tracks up on Myspace to stream. ^^

10. Auroranexus

Auroranexus Catalyst

i hope they really gain more fans on this album!

11. saifahm

saifahm Member

in my opinion i don't really think we can actually compare LP albums besides HT and Meteora being on the same line

12. rusa162

rusa162 Well-Known Member

well..... it was just the matter of tme

13. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Fuck dude. I'm all out here :( ... or else tonight would've never ended.

14. Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

I'm really digging this album. I'm on my second listen, and I'd say Robot Boy is my favorite song thus far, while Blackout is my least favorite. When They Come For Me is insanely awesome though.

15. Minus

If I could send you a square via e-mail I would. Of course, the question from there would be if you mind menthol or not.

16. Stormus08

Stormus08 Well-Known Member

Well, I've listened to it two times now. I really enjoy this album. I really hope critics [unlike the review previously posted] can take a step back and listen to this as an ALBUM, not just a Linkin Park album. It seems as though people have expectations on what they will hear and how they will hear it, well that will NOT be the case with this album.

I give the album an 8.5/10 after two listens. The intro and interludes are all very good [especially The Requiem and Fallout]. Most of the album is very good but there are a couple of songs that are "meh". I really enjoy the pianos and the singing with limited instruments in the background - it's powerful and beautiful. Other than that, it lived up the the expectations for me and I guarantee it will be Linkin Park's best received album by critics. I also hope it sells well (better than M2M - which sold decently for a LP record).

My ranking of the songs [not including the interludes]

Tier 1- These songs are all VERY good and any one could be favorite.

1. Waiting For The End
    2. Wretches and Kings
    3. Blackout
    4. Iridescent

Tier 2- These song are good, and make solid additions to the record

5. Burning in The Sky
    6. The Catalyst
    7. Robot Boy

Tier 3- These are songs that I thought were 'okay.' These could grow on me but I just think they could have been much better.

8. The Messenger - It does seem overproduced and forced a bit. I think the acoustic idea was great but the execution is lacking here.
    9. When They Come For Me - This song just doesn't do it for me. It's to hectic for me, and the lyrics are not my favorite. It almost sounds Arabian and not in a good way :sick: .

However, I think Linkin Park did a great job on this record and thank you for being there for all the great information along the way LPA. You guys are one of [if not the] best and most committed site out there to ANY band.

-Storm

17. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

and the crowd goes crazzyyy!!!!! =DD

18. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

PUSH IT BACK DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN

BACK DOWN BACK DOWN BLOOD IN YOUR EYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYE

19. lachina128

lachina128 Well-Known Member

after listening to the messenger, I'm amazed that the bonehead from NY Daily News could even think that Chester is anything less than an extremely talented vocalist.

20. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

So, two times through and it was even better on the second listen. It's so catchy and flows really well, sometimes I completely missed some tracks when I wasn't paying attention and I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but I don't think it mattered. I really enjoy the album and I'll probably give it a break now and listen again later to let it sink in. Good stuff so far though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.