A Thousand Suns Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThaBoss

ThaBoss 60% of the time, it works every time.

Best Linkin Park album to date.

2. Rabbite

Rabbite Member

The way fallout fades into the catalyst just made that song 10 times better.

3. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

From start to finish.

At least, that's what I hope for.

4. Moviten

Moviten [Teh Unknown]

Ahhh yeah I am so excited. Haven't listened yet. Just heard Waiting For the End off the site though and that is a lot better than what I was expecting.

5. lpfan89

lpfan89 You will pay for what you've done

Robot Boy is definitely the biggest shocking song in a good way! Never would've expected that lol. Thought it was gonna be a Hahn solo.

6. Coheed&Cambria

Coheed&Cambria Member

Best Album they have done in their career. A very well crafted album, I have my dislikes, but I knew I was going to listen to this and not like a couple of songs. I never really liked HT that much, Meteora was a great album around 03-04, but some of the songs on the album are cliche now when i look back 7 years later..MTM again, I didn't like it at first, now a days I can't stop listening to the cd as a whole. Since its been 3 years since MTM, I wasn't really expecting anything from Linkin Park until I heard The Catalyst and WK and got very excited that they wanted to experiment with music that I am into now, not the "nu metal" (whatever people call it. I just say heavy rock) i was into 6, 7 years ago. I still love their old songs, but its not something I wanna keep listening to for the rest of my life...Now with that being said, lets review the album...

Songs I loved from the album

When they come for me- Mike rapping is just beyond anything i expected. Its great.
    Waiting for the End- same reason why everyone loves it. Chester's performance.
    Blackout- I like the vocals from chester, but also the dub breakdown. great piece.
    Iridescent- I didn't think I would like this song...surprised me. Now I love it. relate to it.
    The Catalyst- Good song to listen to..GREAT, epic song to listen when you hear it in order with the album. the album makes the song so much better.
    WK- Mike verses, Chester chorus....can't really go wrong with that
    Interludes- Yes, I love all of them. They all make the album fit together nicely.

Songs I can't really....I don't like form the album

Burning in the Skies- I really wanted to try and like this song....but I just can't get into it. Idk why.
    Robot Boy- When I listened to this album, when it got to Robot boy. I kinda fell asleep. I tried to listen to it by itself, but it's just too boring to me.
    The Messenger- Bring on the flaming. Everyone thinks its beautiful and touching...Just not to me. The cracking in Chester's voice turns me off from wanting to listen to the rest of the song. Luckily its the last song of the album.

Overall, Best album they have done. Top 3 best albums of the year...Waiting on Kid Cudi's and...Well come on...I have them as my username.

7. ryyyylp

ryyyylp Well-Known Member

Thats funny because i thought it kinda felt like a Coheed album, not exactly, but kinda sorta... which is awesome because Coheed is amazing.

8. The Messenger

The Messenger Active Member

I totally agree. The 30 second snippet did not do this song justice! This song is epic!! I was thinking of making a list of my favorites, but I would just be copying the entire album.

9. LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

damn sad that it was leaked .. but ok, same with MTM.
    But i am glad that i'll get my limited edition of ATS on friday :)

10. Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

The only thing that sucks is that the quality of the songs is not that great, can't wait till I hear it in CD quality.

Many people seem to dislike Burning In The Skies, but it gives me the chills, I loveeee it.

And cheers in advance for the lyrics Jesse, really helpful :)

11. Moviten

Moviten [Teh Unknown]

My internet is soooo slow right now. Giant tease.

12. vaggos_lp7

vaggos_lp7 Member

The album is a true masterpiece, much better than I could expect.

1) The Requiem - 9.5/10 - Best intro ever
    2) The Radiance - 8.5/10
    3) Burning In The Skies - 9.9/10 - Maybe the best track.
    4) Empty Spaces - 10/10 - Only because it fits perfectly
    5) When They Come For Me - 8/10 - I don't like the beat but I like Mike's rap and Chester's part
    6) Robot Boy - 9.2/10
    7) Jornada Del Muerto - 8.2/10
    8) Waiting For The End - 9.7/10 - Excellent choise for the second single
    9) Blackout - 9/10 - Love the screams and Mike's part but not the beat during the chorus. Best ending of all time.
    10) Wretches & Kings - 9.2/10 - Amazing song, it should be on Meteora
    11) Wisdom, Justice & Love - 8.7/10 - Nice piano, speech and effects
    12) Iridescent - 9.2/10 - Best Mike performance of the album. Very powerful ballad, like the whole bands vocals and cool ending, reminds me Shadow Of The Day.
    13) Fallout - 8.8/10 - Nice interlude. Like the effect and the connection with Burning In The Skies.
    14) The Catalyst - 9/10 - Good choise for the first single. Unique soundind and amazing ending, not a fan of the synth and the effects.
    15) The Messenger - 9/10 - Best vocals ever.

OVERALL - 9.5/10

Personally I would prefer a heavier album, but this is an amazing one.
    I like Mike vocals more than I expected.
    This album has also Chester's greatest vocals to date.
    Very good work guys, Well Done!!!
    Looking forward to the next album........

13. morra

morra Active Member

The ten steps of linkin park's success

1. WTF
    2. WTF'ckin hell is goin' on?
    3. hmmm.. wtf?
    4. damn.. need to listen to it again.
    5. and again.
    6. what is this? disco beat? dance music? hate it.
    7. need to listen again
    8. somehow i like it. kinda weird.
    9. hmmmm... ähhhh..
    10. love it.

10. love it.

ps.: ATS has the best intro ever. ever.

14. The Messenger

The Messenger Active Member

I've seen a few posts about the quality of the leak. I don't know if I got lucky or not, but it sounds perfect to me. I am blaring it on my Bose system as we speak :)

15. murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

The quality you have must be the same all others have!!!

It´s not the best quality available in the whole world...but it´s a good quality!!! People want the 320kbps version (ME INCLUDED)

16. lachina128

lachina128 Well-Known Member

After listening a second time I can understand why the band would put the messenger as the last song especially after the catalyst. The way ATS is set up is kind of like a film score; for example, if one were to consider the score for transformers (lol I know it's cheesy but w.e) the second to last song is the climax/epic song that signifies the height of all the action, whereas the last song is the aftermath/clearing of the smoke or so to speak.

17. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I think it's too early to give out ratings. The thing literally leaked a few hours ago lol.

Give it a little more time and let it soak in.

18. lparker55

lparker55 Well-Known Member

I still don't know how everyone has listened to the whole album from start to finish... I went on youtube and they only have like 5 songs, I haven't heard any interludes, damnit I want to hear the album from start to finish

19. The iSCREAM

The iSCREAM Active Member

WTF hahaha... nice list lol ur post is ridiculous, im kinda agree a lil bit.

20. Mindfreak191

Mindfreak191 Member

The intro is really EPIC!!! I don't now why others don't like Burning in the Skies....for me the song is just awesome!!! Can't wait to get the cd/dvd and watch how they created this....the only song i couldn't connect really to is Robot Boy....sounds like a mentos commercial xD (just joking)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.