A Thousand Suns Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xodus112

Xodus112 Well-Known Member

I actually agree. I wondered how it would fit into the album and it just kinda doesn't. It's a great track on it's own but it kinda feels weird here. The bright side is that the worst song this album would have likely been the best on MTM and Meteora. Good times.

2. Necifix

Necifix Well-Known Member

I listened to it again with my mom who really liked Blackout, Burning in the Skies and The Messenger lol.

The first time around, I listened to how it SOUNDED, this time I listened to the message, and I have to say, anyone who doesn't like this album is narrow minded and perhaps stupid because they are only listening to the sound. I don't care if all the little kids and emos love Hybrid Theory and hate everything else they've made not nu-metal. Not saying you can't like HT or you're a little kid if you do, I'm just saying, for all the people that say "GO BACK TO YOUR OLD STUFFZ!!". A Thousand Suns is dark, deep and beautiful and actually has thought provoking content, other than "SHUT UUUUUP!" (although, I do listen to HT and Meteora when training... haha, good for the adrenaline.)

3. The Messenger

The Messenger Active Member

I could not agree with you more. The interludes really lead you into a lot of these songs. I keep reading that a complaint is that the first 2 tracks should be one. Is that really a major deal? If you want to consider this a 14 track album... nothing really changes from my point of view. And I completely agree that this is their best album.

4. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Fuck same here, not listened to one song without playing the whole record so far. I remember getting Meteora & MTM, after one play through I was already skipping tracks. This is definitely a better experience and album than those two... dare I say by far?

5. Todd Jensen

Todd Jensen Now with 110% more awesome!

Im debating weither to listento it or wait for the release date. I think I'll wait, for LP!

6. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

Now that you mention it...

Na, na na, na na na na... Na na na na... Hey Jude.
    Oh, when they, come for me... Come for me... I'll be gone.

7. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Lulz I used to be that guy

What an amazing record. Easily the best of this decade so far. And maybe better than any album last decade? Hmmm, it's debatable.

8. jkrawcke224

jkrawcke224 Well-Known Member

I cheated, and listened to a few. I listened to The Requiem, When They Come For Me, and Waiting For The End.

And uh, wow. Wow wow wow wow wow wow. I can't even begin to say how much I freaking love this. Waiting For The End made me cry a bit, I'm not gonna lie. :'] I think it's just beautiful, personally. Chester's voice is just so angelic in that. Love love love love. <3

When They Come For Me - The LPTV of that was misleading and therefore caused me to be a little bit disappointed with it, but I still thought it was amazing. The sound on that is just freaking...delicious. And I love the topic of that song (or what I think the topic is :D). Aaaah-maaay-zing.

And The Requiem - Chills, all over, for the whole thing. A one hundred percent perfect way to start off an album. Of course, I haven't listened to the whole thing yet (I'm waiting til I get my email ;D), but I think it fits perfectly for the beginning of this album.

Now I only have to wait 6 days (almost 5, now) until I listen to this front to back. And then I'll come back and tell you my full opinion. <33

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  9. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

It's only been around for a few hours so it's kind of early to say that. But honestly, I don't think I'd ever go as far as that as much as I like most of it so far.

10. Quiksand

Quiksand Member

Yes by far. This album would feel really weird and incomplete without all the interludes.

11. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Also, did anyone else notice the speech in The Radience, the tone of voice sounds almost spot on to the one in High Voltage (Reprise)?

12. lpu_cheatrz

lpu_cheatrz Member

Good to see I'm not completely loopy then :p

I think I'm with the group who believes this may be the best LP album yet. Though I guess we'll see if I'm still listening to this 7-10 years from now as that'll be the true test :)

13. Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

Well, its expected sooner or later. Everything is pretty secure until the last week or two; when the CDs are manufactured and shipped out. When they get shipped out, it becomes very easy for employees to simply grab a disc and leak it.

Leaks don't really matter too much though. Real fans will buy the CD anyways to support the band (not like any significant chunk goes to artists nowadays; practically 90% of it goes to the publishers).

14. erving.09

erving.09 Active Member

im dont wanna search it... im to lazy right now... lol! im letting it come to me...

15. Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Fuck it I can't resist it anymore i downloaded and pressed play holy shit!

16. youknowhu

youknowhu Well-Known Member

The Messenger = tears.

17. SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

My impressions. Not exactly a review just pointing out things that stuck out to me
    1)The Requiem- Intro. Very eerie. Leaves a creepy feeling in your bones. Makes you feel like something is on its way and it’s not going to be good.

2)The Radiance- Another intro. Does the same thing as above and leaves you waiting for the next track

3)Burning In the Skies. Soft, melodic. Mike sings the verses and sounds nice. Chester sings the chorus and makes you like it. It kind of leaves you wondering “wait. That intro was for this. But other than that, not a half bad track

4)Empty Spaces. Appropriately titled. 18 seconds of chirping and gun fire. Interlude

5)When They Come For Me. Tribal beat. Not too bad. Mike raps and even refers to the line Forfeit the game. The ahs are terrible. It immediately left me saying what the fuck are they thinking? Has a nice little guitar part that goes into Chester singing which again isn’t bad but then goes back into the tribal beat and ahs that already have started to annoy me

6)Robot Boy. Nice piano intro. Electronic beat fades in slowly. Then an almost choir part comes in with all the guys assuming. Nice touch. Mike and Chester share the opening verse. A soft song. Has a cool synch bridge with Chester harmonizing which sounds great and epic

7)Jornda Del Muerto. Different language. Pretty sure it’s not Spanish either. Synth driven. Nice at the end of a pretty good song like Robot Boy. Ends. Interlude

8)Waiting For The End. Cool intro. Grabs attention. Mike raps in a reggae style in the intro. Not bad. It grows. Cuts off. Chester sings melodically. Beat kick backs in Chester still sings. Mike harmonizes a little bit as Chester continues to sing softly. Mike back into the reggae vocals. You can feel it building. Love the ending. Triumph feeling towards the end

9)Blackout. Synth intro. Beat starts. Piano starts. Chester starts like… uhhh… rapping? Starts screaming like a madman. Like that. Again back into the rapping style vocals from Chester. Screaming again. “Fuck it are you listening”. I don’t like the beat really. Goes off course and gets very electronic. Starts playing with pitch with the “BLACKOUT BLOOD IN YOUR EYES!” Mike starts singing. Sounds a little like 30 Seconds To Mars to me. Which is of course sexy. Like the ending beat better than the normal song beat. Fades away with Chester’s voice becoming robotic

10)Wretches and Kings. Small speech in the beginning. THUNDEROUS BEAT. This is more like it. Mike raps in Fort Minor fashion. Heyheyheys. Chester singings in a very unique way here. Love that chorus. Back to rapping. Chorus again. Another interesting electronic breakdown. They are good with those. A chant almost like ending with the conclusion with the speech in the beginning

11)Wisdom, Justice, and Love. Speech by MLK. Sounds like an airplane going over head. Changes into a creepy robotic voice. Distorts. VERY CREEPY. Interlude

12)Iridescent. Piano intro. Mike starts singing. He gets your attention too. So melodic. His voice has improved A LOT. Chester starts singing. Bass drum follows him. He meets up with Mike. They start singing together. Beat reminds me of 30 Seconds To Mars again. Mike is leading the 2nd verse. Chester starts singing again. They meet again. Holy SHIT GUITAR! EVERYONE sings. Choir sound. That was beautiful. They all start singing Let it go. Chester goes off on his own singing. I really like this one.

13)Fallout. Electronic voice starts singing. Goes back to the bridges I have burned from Burning In The Skies. Mike starts singing that line. Interlude

14)The Catalyst. I just like this song. We have all heard this one by now so no need to go in depth

15)The Messenger. Acoustic guitar. Chester singing. OUT OF PLACE. He shows off his vocals a little though. Not that bad. Sounds like something Chester wrote on his own.

18. Fredyg

Fredyg Well-Known Member

I'm with you. But it will all be worth it listening to it along with the booklet for the first time.

19. rcm034

rcm034 Well-Known Member

You mean fallout? If so i agree.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  20. hybrid.theory7

hybrid.theory7 Well-Known Member

The interludes are awesome especially Jordana Del Meurto
    i think its their 2nd best album after Hybrid Theory.It would have been the best if they had made burning in The Skies their lead single.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.