A Thousand Suns Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ecstasy

Ecstasy What if I learn to love?

Wisdom, Justice, And Love has left a strange feeling on me. A bunch of people are saying it is just a pointless, "whatever" track, but it is really deep for me: listening to the speech, THAT particular speech, made me think about the concept of the album. A lot.

2. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

Too bad it sounds like a campfire song with a glam-rock, over eager singer ready to prove himself. He comes across as a very immature musician, you know, the kind that just want to do guitar solos or drum solos instead of writing stuff that actually sounds good for the song.

It's easily my least favorite Linkin Park song.

3. SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

I probably liked Wisdom, Justice and Love out of all the other interludes. Very powerful. The only one that is pointless is Empty Spaces IMO

4. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

After feeling so tempted that I could not take it anymore, I listened to the leak. I just finished the whole album, but I had to do it through YouTube...soooooo I can't give a review until I get the album, which I will at around 5 am before school at Wal-Mart. xD

That said, ATS = TEH JIZZ. The songs are just...WOW. It really got me. LP has become verrrrryyyy different. And I love it. More mature, absolutely epic sound, and just...WOW. It's so hard for me to choose my favorite song (again, I need the whole album front to back in physical copy in my hands). So when the album comes out, I will give a full review.

Same here bro. MLK's iconic voice being robotized near the end really chills me and continues to remind me of the doom theme LP's heading for. Easily put, one of my favorite interludes ever.

5. Ecstasy

I think Empty Spaces could have been part of When They Come For Me. It is too short and not so special...even for an interlude.

Plus, on Wisdom, Justice, and Love, the part that keeps on repeating is a really powerful one. I just love it.

6. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

You're not alone in this aspect. I for one think Reanimation was their best album... until this came out.

7. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

yeah, but the same could be said about Foreword on Meteora though.

8. Ecstasy

But Meteora didn't have so many interludes, right?

9. HypnoToad

HypnoToad Glory to the HypnoToad! LPA VIP

This might have been said earlier, but I can't remember....but if I wanna get to a certain track on the record, I can't skip over other ones, I MUST listen from beginning to that track and by the time I get to it, I don't wanna stop the flow so I let it finish. The album is that epic.

10. Jeff

Meteora wasnt meant to be a conceptual album though. And it almost seems like Foreword was just put there so that Meteora can have more "tracks" than Hybrid Theory.

11. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

The way Chester belts out his vocals to the point where his voice is almost cracking is what makes it good imo. There's plenty of character and warmth there which there isn't always enough of in their music. If they'd used a slicker performance from him as they probably would have a couple of albums ago (if they'd even considered making a song like that back then), THEN it'd probably sound bad.

12. Ecstasy

I have to agree on that. I always "ignore" Foreword. I don't know if my mind even knows it is a part of the album...I keep on skipping it.

13. Jeff

Haha yeah.

14. SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Man The Catalyst sounds much better when it's played in the order it needs to be. I mean it was a good stand alone track but when placed on the album it does much more for me

15. Jeff

I concur

16. Spin

Spin Chaos that defies imagination

Fully agreed with you there. It just feels so right near the end of the album.

17. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Ladies and gentlemen, the most close-minded review of this album thus far:

No shit.

18. {L}EcM3311{P}

{L}EcM3311{P} Well-Known Member

I'm staying strong!

19. Jeff

/thread

20. MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

On a Scale of 1-10 here is how I review Linkin Park's 4 Albums to date:

Hybrid Theory 9
    Meteora 9
    Minutes to Midnight 3
    A Thousand Suns 6

A Thousand Suns is definitely a step in the right direction from M2M but I am still left frustrated. I really dislike LP throwing around the term "ART" to describe the direction and purpose for their music. Art is something far more gradual than what LP have created in their last two albums. I feel like LP, in their yearning to prove something, went outside their bounds to create something that was forced. This music does not sound natural and it doesn't flow well.
    Hybrid Theory and Meteora both had an element of passion behind every song that naturally made the music sinc into the listener and created a sense of mutual understanding (ie. "this song is speaking to me"). I think LP have lost this sense of passion which creates a true sense of direction to take the listener on a journey. I don't know what is motivating them to make music now but I guarantee its for completely different reasons than it was during the HT and Meteora days. You can tell by hearing their music.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.