A Thousand Suns Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dereklp

dereklp :Not here:

Mike leaked it, don't tell anyone though

2. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

The way the process is, the albums are shipped to thousands of stores worldwide BEFORE the 14th. They can't ship in on the 14th, obviously, because then the stores wouldn't have it on that day. So when all the stores get it, all it takes is one ballsy person to steal a copy and rip it on the internet. It's just impossible these days for it not to happen.

I would say the "security" was primarily for the album not leaking 3 weeks or whatever before. They would be idiots to think they could prevent a leak entirely.

3. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

:lol:

4. merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

For anyone who loved the new album and I know including me thats alot of you be sure to tune in tuesday for KROQ breakfast with Linkin Park on the kevin and bean show over rite now at lplive.net on the bottom of page3 you get a very amazing review of the songs performed "what I've done" "numb" "waiting for the end" "iridescent" and "the catalyst" according to someone who was rite front in center this past tuesday since it was recorded a week before the 14th. As usual the old song s on point lucky people who got to be their I mean first timne ever played live 3! brillant new songs and chester with a fresh un-worn out voice those lucky SOBS lol: ) WFTE was perfect Chesters vcals flawless and mikes raps on point and with tempo IREDESCENT also was said to be perfectly done with Chester playing guitar Mike singing his parts great and whole band singing group vocals wich I take it to mean they practiced the group stuff to as usual give you live exactly but better what you hear on any LP record lastly THE CATALYST was performed and the woman who saw them said it made her go from liking the song to loving it the band she said played it with such energy and it sounded great.Well thats it thought you all should know about why you should tune in for the VMAS and KROQ on tuesday morning,and the album on my10th time through still mindblowing a true masterpeice bravo again LP.

5. omin0us

omin0us Somewhere in between the kick and high-hat...

Hey, guys! Nice album... It's certainty not the best LP album, but it's still so great! (WTCFM rocks!!!)
    P.S.: Sorry for being late posting this but last 7 days I was in hospital xD....

6. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

It certainly is their best album. It's not even close. I can't wait to see these live.

7. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Dude seeing it live will be so sick.

8. jkidd16

jkidd16 New Member

Ugh...I was expecting it to be a little heavier.. and use a good load of guitars..synth sounds just get too old and unexciting after a while.
    I liked all the interludes but r u really going to listen to the interludes before u listen to a song like in the car or anything? NO! Ur going to listen to the songs separately. I liked the interludes for the first two listens but then i didnt really care for them afterwards. If the album had 3 more songs, i wudve liked it more.

Burning in the Skies was the only good slow ballad type song that i liked..BUT i felt that Leave Out All the Rest was a lot better and catchier. 8/10

When They Come For Me is kind of outstanding. What was outstanding was Mike's rap. great great great. But chorus isnt really good. Get annoying to me after awhile. When you have a chorus that just says "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH" it get really old. Why cant Chester say a catchy chorus during that part...then it wudve been a REALLY BIG HIT 9/10

Robot Boy is just kinda terrible. Not catchy or anything. Just says stuff in a creepy way with a very familiar beat that i cud find on the radio. <<How was this song genre busting? 2/10

Waiting For The End i feel is growing on me still. Cuz im not used to the reggae style. Im starting to really like Chester's part. This song will never be outstanding for me though. 6/10

Blackout i really liked, but once again not outstanding. . i thought it relied too much on the poppy synths. I loved the screaming. Chesters part cudve used some sort of guitar during the screams. The remix part was really good and appreciated it. 8/10

Wretches and Kings is definitely the best song on this album.period. The beat is absolutely mind boggling. And i really liked the speech. Chesters part reminds me of some japanese monster. loved that part. didnt feel like a hybrid theory/meteora chorus. very different. 10/10.

Iridescent. What's with all these slow, ballad songs?!.. I thought linkin park wudve learned from minutes to midnight that we dont want songs that are like "The Little Things You Give Away" or "In Pieces" or "In Between"... But i did really like M2M just not those songs. I liked Mike's singing and the gang vocals. But it was not catchy at all. <<<How is this song genre busting?

The Catalyst This song is one of the better songs on the album. But its missing something..something different for the verses before the epic ending. 8/10

The Messenger Honestly...Why another slow, ballad type song.. Chester's singing was absolutely incredible, one of his if not the best singing performance of his career but there was no catchiness and cud barely identify the chorus. I cud not get into the song. 4/10. Chester's singing was a 10/10. <<<How was thing song genre busting?

Ok i'm fine with the slow choruses or slow endings on every single song (when they come for me, waiting for the end, black out, the catalyst) except Wretches and Kings, but with 4 other full slow songs (Burning in the skies, robot boy, iridescent, the messenger) the album lost its greatness. Burning in the skies was the only success to me.
    One thing I wish wud happen was if they cud reinvent their old sound, but not remake their old sound, just reinvent it like they did with wretches and kings. it definately did not sound like hybrid theory, but it reminded me of it (jahn's best scratching ever, chester's vocals, mikes mind blowing rap). That's what i want. If the other 3 slow songs were replaced with better, catchier, and maybe a lil heaver than the album wud be awesome. too bad they incorporated too many ballad type songs in the album and not enough catchiness on them either.

Overall i rate this album a 7/10. Maybe itll grow on me. but for now this is how i stand.
    LOL to ppl's reviews who are scared to go under the 8 song rating just cuz they like linkin park and even when they stated that they felt the song was average with ratings as ludicrous as 8.9, 9.2, 9.7...like really? lol. Linkin Park is my absolute favorite band even after this album. But im really not a fan of ballad type songs so thats what killed the album for me. Hope i get to like it better. Till then i can rock out to wretches and kings and when they come for me

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  9. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

The live shows will be amazing.

10. Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

I loved it the first time I heard it, and the songs are growing on me even more. Amazing, amazing album that is for sure to be one of my favorites of all time.

11. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I respected your review, until I read this . . .

12. Dev-Meister

Dev-Meister Member

Going a little off topic here, but just wondering, do you guys think its too early for Linkin Park to start thinking about a 'Greatest Hits' album? Or after a couple of more albums are due?

13. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Well-Known Member

This is what has me excited. Yes, the album itself is fantastic and incredibly well done and diverse.

But how the hell are they going to take what they've created digitally and turn it into a live performance that mixes well with their back catalog of songs?

Sure, we've seen other songs redone and changed. "Pushing Me Away" is the perfect example. So what will they do with other songs to blend in these songs?

My belief is they'll start off strong with the heavier songs, dip into the slower songs for a while, and end on a wild rush.

But that's only half the battle? How will they physically perform some of these songs? Okay, backing vocals for everyone, that's easy. Rob will have his work cut out for him behind the kit, but you can produce a lot of the electronic drums live. Sounds a touch different, but not by much. The real question will be the other various instruments used. Joe Hahn takes care of a lot of samples, but I'm sure Mike, Brad, and Phoenix will all be using various instruments.

We kind of pigeonhole some of the guys to their instruments, and they're really all multi-instrumentalists. It'll just be curious to see how they balance it out and reproduce things live. Should be a hell of a show, though.

I could see a set list like this, too (on average about 18-22 songs per night):
    The Requiem/The Radiance (intro as the band enters)
    The Catalyst
    Given Up/No More Sorrow (rotate)
    What I've Done
    One Step Closer/Crawling (rotate)
    Numb/In the End (rotate)
    Leave out all the Rest/Shadow of the Day (rotate)
    Breaking the Habit
    Burning in the Skies/Robot Boy (bet they rotate unless one becomes a single)
    Iridescent
    Pushing Me Away (piano)
    Hands Held High (acappella)
    Waiting for the End
    Wretches and Kings/Blackout (rotate)
    Faint (end first set)

Encore:
    New Divide
    Bleed it Out
    When They Come For Me

14. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

We kinda have to take in mind though, that Linkin Park have said in interviews that they are switching up their songs to match up with A Thousand Suns, so we don't totally know what exactly to expect, or what we should hear with the ATS-inized tracks.

15. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Well-Known Member

Very true, but you'd have to expect two things:
    1. They won't abandon their hits, even though they've expressed a desire to get away from playing "One Step Closer" a thousand times per tour.
    2. Not every song can be turned into a new version like "Pushing Me Away". Some songs can, but you can't turn "No More Sorrow" into a ballad. It's meant to be up-tempo, even if they add some elements that mesh it more with the current Linkin Park sound.

16. hawk

It would be awesome if they played ATS along with some ATS demos ONLY. No older songs.

17. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

1. Why wouldn't they? It's up to them. I believe they'll play what they enjoy playing.
    2. They could change up a song's instrumental foundation to make it more electronic/industrial. Or make it a more diverse structure. Or both.

I seriously wouldn't care if they ever played HT or Meteora live again, unless they altered them in such a way that makes them better and mesh with A Thousand Suns. They just seem so plain to me now. Boring structure, average riffs. There's just nothing that good about them technically. I think MTM has a few songs that could still be played in an A Thousand Suns tour. Hands Held High and The Little Things Give You Away could be played as is, although I think TLTGYA could be beefed up instrumentally and become an equally as amazing song.

18. The Candidate

The Candidate Well-Known Member

just came back from buying ATS. Listening to it now for the first time. =)

19. hawk

All the people who didn't listen to the leak deserve a reward.

20. The Candidate

The Candidate Well-Known Member

<3

Robot Boy is soooooo awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.