Stream The Entire "Meeting Of A Thousand Suns" Documentary Online Now!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I'd say about half of those artists, if not more, are on at least the same level as Linkin Park in at least a couple of those areas.

2. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

It was a decent documentary... but one question still remains... DID Chicken Basket make the mix?! :awesome:

3. AndydLP

AndydLP Well-Known Member

THats kinda what I was getting at. The likes of RHCP, Madonna, Metallica and Green day have been around a lot longer than LP.
    LP have the potential to be around for many more years/decades to come. Can't say the same about the above except maybe Green Day

Plus, LP are involved in every single step of creating their music. Sounds, art, lyrics, mixing, promotion, video creation, etc etc etc and they still have so much else on the go such as side projects (FM/DBS), clothing lines, MFR, art shows, music scolarships etc etc etc

Very very very few artists can say the same. I think LP deserve so much more appreciation and gratitude than they currently get.

I think when LP's time does come to an end (hopefully decades from now), they'll be remembered as one of the greatest and most successful bands of all time. Greatest in terms of quality music and successful in terms of record sales.

We've had a fucking awesome decade thus far with LP. God only knows what the next decade has in store.....

4. Saelie

Saelie Active Member

Not that this is a deciding factor, but Linkin Park are the 4th most liked musical act on Facebook, with nearly 12 million likes, which is far more than any of those artists (not that Facebook is necessarily an acurate representation, but still).

On the other hand, Beluga Heights is also a part of Warner, and they have some pretty famous (currently) pop/rnb artists signed there.

5. Ace31

Ace31 Well-Known Member

One thing I found interesting on this documentary was when I think it was Mike who said something along the lines of how they used to make an album, go on tour, then after tour start working on new album and how they are now constantly making songs til they've made enough that they liked to put out a record. Does this mean we will have shorter gaps between albums?

6. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

It should mean that. And, if I were them, I'd shell out records as quickly as possible just so they can finally be done with Warner Bros.

Then you can get really creative and do literally anything your heart desires. And make way, way more money.

7. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Yeah I sincerely hope they go that route. If there are any fans of Dream Theater about, I'm sure they're familiar with the story of how they broke free of the record company controls by not allowing outside producers into their creative process. Granted there's been a heated debate between hardcore Dream Theater fans and Dream Theater purists - just as there are these days for Linkin Park - as to the alleged decline in song quality since then, but hey, they're making the music they want to in the way that they want to. More power to 'em, right?

8. jkrawcke224

jkrawcke224 Well-Known Member

I can't even tell you how upset that made me.

However, I did just watch that, and I can honestly understand where they would want to break up. Warner Bros is a piece of shit, we've known this for years. And quite honestly, I would not blame them if they did break up over that. When you're a musician and you have a fucking record company breathing down your neck, telling you that you need to get this, this, and this done, in this way, in this amount of time, it's incredibly stressful, and ridiculous.

But (and there have been a lot of comparisons between The Beatles and LP lately...weird) I see it like this; If Linkin Park were to break up soon, I think their fans would react the same way in which when The Beatles broke up (except in a more recent way, not like they did in the 60's). I know I would. I can't even tell you how devastated I would be. :[

9. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Seriously, why are people making up this "omg they were going to break up" thing?

10. cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

Leaving warner , Lp breaking up, Scary shit

11. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Well-Known Member

Ironic comparison, considering people have said in this thread that, "We would hear about Linkin Park breaking up" before it actually happened. Dream Theater drummer Mike Portnoy just dropped a bomb on DT fans a couple days ago by announcing he was leaving the band he helped found. No inclination it was coming.

I don't know close the band was to breaking up or shelving the album or whatever, and I don't think it's clear from the documentary. What is clear is that there is obvious friction between the band, management, and the label, and that certain members are handling it in different ways. Chester's speech was very clearly a "We're brothers, we need to pick each other up and handle this the way we want and is beneficial for all of us so the label doesn't win" moment.

Also of note: Joe and Mike produced the documentary. They had control over how it looked (although I'm sure the entire band did). Which means ending on "Wretches and Kings" and the Mario Savio speech was their decision. Considering the conversation that had just been depicted on screen, that's a pretty clear sign it was directed at the label and this record and how they handle it was their rebellion against how they were being handled by the label.

12. Meryl_

Meryl_ Well-Known Member

The thing is, it's the first time we see them having arguments and being seriously pissed at each other. That doesn't mean it never was like that before. Do you remember the article, I think it was in Kerrang, talking about how Chester struggled with his addiction and how he was kept away from the band because of that. That article was a fucking bomb, nobody knew the band relations got so bad after Meteora was released. Yet it happened. People need to stop loosing their shit about the band not being closed as they were. What I saw is guys handling their arguments by communicating a lot, choosing their words and with respect so they all get to go in the same path. I think they got closer through that and that they are together as a band right now like they never did before.

13. cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

F&*k it, for all the people saying the band is breaking up, gimme evidence other than a 5 min clip from the dvd. It's obvious that Warner is the issue with the band trying new things, but it's clear the band won, releasing the album that they wanted. Now clearly i don't see the band breaking up,or even going on hiatus. Warner drop Linkin Park , i dare ya.!! Ps we know Jay-z wink, I could see Machine shop rising from this. I mean srsy ? who would drop Linkin park ? SO STFU,, AND TRY TO CATCH UP MOTHERFUCKAAA!!! Cradle Out

14. My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

Lol to be honest, it wasn't even that bad of an argument. Mike just got mad. It happens with anyone in a group. Chiiiiill.

15. erasus

erasus Well-Known Member

Glad to see that no matter what, they remember who they are in the end :) Chester wins this documentary

16. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

lol at people who think that was about the band breaking up.

Wut? People who are really close get in fights sometimes? NO WAI

It was about the pressures from the label. It's clear as day.

17. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

All the other "Making of's" I think are better than this. This has too much effects and I feel like I miss a lot of the important things the band are saying.

18. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Brad was playing an interesting solo there....hmmmm....

Whatever it was better get released.

19. J-Flex

J-Flex Ambient

Now I was finally able to watch the dvd, I am so disappointed about it, it's all full of effects and all the 'interesting' is actually on youtube. Mike's interview a while ago was much more intersting. Meteora's documentary was way better.

20. lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

we still do not know

1. What's the Album COVER means ...
    2. ''the Catalyst'' Cover ..
    3. The true theme of puzzles ?
    4. And the Images with the ''man'' behind ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.