Musique Mag A Thousand Suns Review

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Linkin Park's new album has been reviewed by French Web Magazine Music Mag, which brings us full circle on the reviews of A Thousand Suns, as these were the press that gave us our first glimpse into the album back in July with their review of the 6 Track Sampler. Check out their short but sweet review below.

8/10

"Since its inception in 2000, Linkin Park has continued to shake the foundations of an progressing rock band. From hip-hop and heavy guitars, the band has created an identity around a singular voice. The remix album Reanimation, released in 2002, we could already foresee the ability of these rockers to escape the shackles and stereotypes. Listening to this A Thousand Suns imprints a new stage in the career group predominates. The ambiance electro interludes show once again the envy of Linkin Park does not confine itself to mere training neo-metal. On "When They Come For Me", it is closer prods Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails), in the aspect of industrial beats that accompany the voice of Chester Bennington further back than usual. Equally surprising bias pop of "Burning In The Skies" or voices screaming from previous albums have been replaced by lighter and soaring choruses subtle and harmonious. It was not until "Blackout" to be confronted with the violence of saturated guitars, even if the electro is never far away. The title that best describes the curve made by Linkin Park is undeniably "wretches And Kings", a very successful range of artistic skills of each. Everything passes, a biting rap, a voice on the verge of failure and the scratches saturated. Note to fans, Linkin Park is definitely not where we expected, so prepare to be surprised that times are changing and the band."

Source: Musique Mag

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

That's awesome. Also, Joe, you should post the article that Mike posted on his blog. It's fucking brilliant.

rusa162

rusa162 Well-Known Member

8/10??? i would give it 9.9/10

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

It already was. :lol:

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

linkinparkZ3vil

linkinparkZ3vil burns inside the LAZORS of a thousand suns

the beginning of "When They Come for Me" reminds me totally of "Turnin' On the Screw" from queens of the stone age :D

rcm034

rcm034 Well-Known Member

This is a pretty good review, but it surprises me that they picked WaK as the song that showcases the album. Most reviews seem to pick the catalyst for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.