Linkin Park A Thousand Suns Press Round-Up

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

There have been a number of articles and interviews surrounding the band over the past couple of days and you can check them out below:

Linkin Park Beatweek Magazine Interview - Click To Read In Full:

Read The article by clicking the above link, or read the scans below:

IGN Interview With Phoenix - Click To Read In Full:

IGN: Is it difficult to… you guys have obviously had huge success over the years… is it difficult to pursue that change knowing what you did in the past is what made you so successful? Do you worry about alienating fans because you're always changing? Maybe they're not getting more of what they came for?

Farrell: If anything, I think I worry about fans potentially feeling like we don't like what we've done in the past. And that's not true. Every record we've done is a moment in time. We still play the old stuff live and I still love the old albums. But… in the process, for me personally, one of the reasons I love being in the band is that I love the creative aspect that comes when you're putting together a song. And that's what I loved about working on Hybrid Theory as well. And I think that same spirit – what we did working on a song then – continues on now. And by the same token, if we just tried to continue to write the same type of song, it'd be like rehashing old territory. By definition you're not getting to enjoy the creative process.

So I'm not afraid of the notion of the fans not liking it because they like the old stuff. I'm only concerned that fans might think that we don't like that so we're intentionally leaving it behind. And that's not true.

MTV Guitars On A Thousand Suns Article - Click To Read In Full:

Mike Sinoda: "I heard a lot of comments about how certain songs on the record ... fans were hearing them and going, 'Wow, those are so heavy!' and I even caught people talking about guitar on a song like 'Wretches and Kings,' for example, and somebody else would call them out, be like, 'Actually, I don't even think that's guitar. I think it's some kind of sample or something, We've been getting a lot of questions on that. Our approach on that stuff has been really something different for us. We didn't just plug the PRS [guitar] into the Mesa amp; it was like, we played these guitars through all these different effects, and we put them in the computer and we sampled them and played them like you would make a hip-hop song."

Linkin Park Rockets Towards A Thousand Suns LA Times Article - Click To Read In Full:

Chester Bennington: "I made my mind up three years ago: I don't want to scream anymore," said Bennington, 34, stepping into the studio after a drive up from home in Orange County, his hair cut close to the scalp. "I think all of us at that point were going, 'If I keep doing this, this is just what I'm going to keep doing for the rest of my life."

Shockhound Video Interview With Brad & Chester - Click Here To Watch:

Watch a video interview where Chester talks about The Messenger, being a father, the positive meaning behind A Thousand Suns and touring whilst writing music to put out more music more often.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Those were neat to read!

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Chester...please don't stop screaming............

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I am sure you'd hate to scream and kill your voice if you were his age too...every single night.

fido

fido Active Member

If you not gonna scream then what you gonna do? RAP ?

Joe

How about sing? If you read the entire article you'd realize he wants to focus more on the emotions he feels today, instead of screaming for the sake of it. He's a father of 4 and that is what inspires him.

"He attributes his willingness to step into new emotional territory to his experience raising four boys (ages 4, 8, 13 and 14 years), along with a widening of his musical tastes: "I'm a father now. I'm inspired to sing that way."

LP2010

LP2010 New Member

Wait so Chester's not going to scream anymore? I hope he was joking. He screamed in Blackout. That means if he's not screaming anymore, his last song that he screamed would be Blackout? Noooo...Chester, please don't stop screaming. You've got such talent between singing and screaming. Use it.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Screaming is going to kill his voice as he gets even older. He is perfectly fine singing normally or aggressively.

fido

fido Active Member

but he was singing before too .. in meteora and M2M :S

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Sometimes songs are much more powerful WITHOUT screaming. I think that's what Chester wants to achieve.

Joe

I think before people like you start to get really upset, I should clarify that he was just saying that he doesn't want to focus on screaming too much. He doesn't want "screams" to define him and his voice. Why should he scream if he feels he's got nothing to scream about? Maybe he's finally moving past it after this record because he's in a good place and would rather have that inspire his creativity than the negative aspects of his life.

Saying that, I'm sure if he felt the need to express himself with "screams" he will. He will still be performing in concerts too, so I wouldn't take what he said as "I'm never screaming again".

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Imagine Chester screaming now.

Wake up at six again
    Another school day for my kids
    I'll blow my lid
    Stuck in the van again
    They're asking, "Dad where is Madrid?"
    And, "What's a squid?"

Oh I hate my progeny

I'VE GIVEN UUUUUUUUUUUP
    I'M SICK OF DRIVING
    EACH ONE TO SCHOOL EVERY DAY
    TAKE THEIR PHOOOOOOOOONES AWAY
    THEY'RE OVERTEXTING
    TELL ME WHY THE FUCK THEY'RE MAAAAAAAAAAAD
    AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They never do their chores
    The movies we gotta watch are bores
    And there's no gore

My son makes me irate
    His project I helped create
    Is three days late!

So sick of breakfast at Denny's

I'VE GIVEN UUUUUUUUUUUP
    I'M SICK OF TEACHING
    MY YOUNGEST ALL HIS ABC'S
    WON'T LISTEEEEEEEEEN TO ME
    WHEN I COUNT TO 3
    TELL ME WHY THE FUCK KIDS MEAAAAAAALS
    AREN'T FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

PARENTHOOD IS SUCH MISERYYYYYYYYY
    THEY GOT THE BALL STUCK IN THE TREEEEEEEEEE
    MY OLDEST SKINNED HIS KNEE
    NOW THEY'RE ALL HUNGRY
    FUCK IT. PLEASE KILL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (18 second scream)

I'VE GIVEN UUUUUUUUUUUP
    MY ELDEST'S LIES WON
    "I DID NOT ADOPT YOU, MY SON"
    TAKE HIS POOOOOOOORN AWAY
    NO MASTURBATING
    TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG
    WITH KIIIIIIIIIDS

OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

Dear god, Minus is thread winner AGAIN! :lol:

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I love you so much right now.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Minus - Thread winner again

rcm034

rcm034 Well-Known Member

This is hilarious

As far as screaming goes, i see it this way: Less screams = chester keeps his awesome voice longer = more LP albums and more concerts. Didn't the avenged sevenfold guy lose his voice from longterm voice fatigue and need surgery or something? I would hate for that to happen to LP.

Ace31

Ace31 Well-Known Member

Minus- That was quite possibly one of the funniest things I've ever read!

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Exactly. Look at Maynard, he's a fantastic screamer but he doesn't very often. Instead he uses his full vocal range and experiments with effects to get the disired sound. Then when he does scream it's more impactful. I'm mean the difference in his voice between this and this is remarkable. Or the variety of vocals in this one song alone.

Long story short, I'd like to see Chester experiment with his range more and him screaming less hopefully means him being more creative with his vocals.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Chester's all out screaming sounds awesome, but I wouldn't be devastated if he quit focusing on it. His aggressive voice sounds better than his screaming voice, anyways. The Messenger gets across a positive message while still being about as agressive as you can without screaming. And his voice sounds incredible.

And for the casual person who knows of Chester, they do associate screaming with him. That's a shame, because he has one of the best singing voices around. I think Chester wants the world to know how good he really is.

Jalie

Jalie Antebellum Cecity

I think it's a matter of technique. Black/death metal vocalists are perfectly fine screaming and shouting for decades, when they do it right. Or look at Corey Taylor from Slipknot and Stone Sour: The first Slipknot record dropped, I think, 11 years ago, and still he nails the screaming as well as the soft singing perfectly.

Edit: And Chester's amount of screaming is not in the least comparable to what Corey Taylor does.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.