Breaking The Single

Discussion in 'News' started by Will, Nov 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

I hope its like nothing we've ever seen before :D

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Mike said it would never be a single. No wonder we said there was no way it wouldn't be a single, because we took his word. None of us thought it'd happen the other way.

adelleda

adelleda Well-Known Member

Where are the transcripts from the chat? I want to see what Chester said exactly.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

http://forums.linkinpark.com/showthread.ph...threadid=265570 [/b][/quote]
    There are a couple teenieboppers remarks :D .

intheend1004

intheend1004 Well-Known Member

I say we stop arguing about who wanted it to be a single and who didn't and discuss if there is going to be a remix of one of the Meteora songs on the new Breaking the Habit single.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

Agreed. Mike shouldnt be pressured into releasing a song that had so much of a personal meaning to him...we all have a right to privacy no matter who we are.

Its an amazing song...I hope Mike has a large say in how the video works..considering the fact that it was an important song to him.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

There are a couple teenieboppers remarks :D . [/b][/quote]
    If by 'a couple' you mean 'several thousand', then yes.

1Stp Klosr 2 th ej

1Stp Klosr 2 th ej Member

Im half and half on this becomming a single really. Whilst i have always thought of BTH as the best song on Meteora and i have always thought it would be as good a hit as In The End was there is something inside me that doesn't want it to be released. After a song is released and everyone else has heard it and likes it alot the song begins to loose its aceness.This happened with Numb,i loved Numb before it was released and now i just look at it as average because everyone else has heard it.I have a fear that the same will happen with Breaking The Habbit and that i will be left with no amazing songs to bum off Meteora-except perhaps Easier To Run which i also love!

Mark

If by 'a couple' you mean 'several thousand', then yes. [/b][/quote]
    :lol:

Chester must've been so frustrated. There were 3 people asking questions at a time! It's kinda difficult to answers 3 questions in a row then be bombarded with other ones. You hardly know what's going on. And it must be overwhelming having all these questions about your hair and why you didn't film the dvd somewhere else and being called "Chestah". Now I know why we don't allow people like that on the forums. :lol:

withnoapologies

withnoapologies Well-Known Member

ok im gonna play the ignorant person who knows little of linkin park, and hates them with a passion. and the person i just made up is saying:

its completely MIKE'S fault for doing this. he shouldnt have even let breaking the habit go on the cd if it was so "personal" to him. like hes just commercializing it, making it a video is the exact same thing!!!!!

please, argue with this ignorant person, give that person i made up a good reason why it was not mikes fault (assuming that mike didnt and doesnt want breaking the habit to be the next single.)

Fury14

Fury14 Active Member

im surprised , and dissapointed tbh, i wouldve liked a more faster and louder song, also i thot they would think that the song would be on the live in texas cd but its not :S

Mark

BTH was performed for the first time one week ago today. They didn't play it on the Summer Sanitarium tour.

cjl2003

cjl2003 New Member

Although I do feel bad for Mike (assuming he really is against the release of the song), I can't help but be glad that BTH is being put out there because it is just a phenomenal song which I think will attract even more LP fans that ever before. That's exactly how I got started... I heard one of their amazing songs and they just got stuck in my head...

tifferz

tifferz Well-Known Member

i have mixed feelings about this...BTH is an AMAZING song...one of the best ever done by LP and one of my favs...the song really does showcase the talent of LP :) BUT its a personal song to Mike...we're not sure if Mike changed his mind or not, i think its very possible that he did change his mind(LP rarely is controlled by their record label and i think if Mike felt strongly about it not being a single, he'd be fighting this decision, he could be for all we know)...i dont think we can say much about it until we hear more about it...like most of you, i want to see what Mike, and the other guys, have to say, get some statements from them...im seriously considering the joke theory too...chester's eccentric(as we all know lol) and he couldve been joking...the idea of BTH being a single does seem a little odd and just the thing Chester would joke about :)...the only reason i dont want BTH 2 be a single is b/c of teenies...i HATED ITE being so popular and having all these 11-12 yr old 'N Suck fans singing it non stop :angry: nothing can piss me off more...one good thing about BTH being a single is, if Joe directs the video(he probably will) just imagine what Joe could do with a song like BTH (w00t) Joe is so creative and a genius director he could produce a truly remarkable video...and thats one of the things im looking forward 2 :) one more thing, ive learned that LP never dissappoints...i was a little worried about them making a remix album, but i bought it, loved it, and even liked some of the remixes more then the originals :)...so, basically, whatever LP decides to do, it'll be amazing...and as one person said, no matter what they do, im with them :)

breaker8

breaker8 Banned

I really don't think Warner would force Linkin Park to make BTH their next single, just too make more money. Yes, record company executives are little whiny bitches, but I really don't think they would put out this single if Mike or whoever in the band didn't want too. They must of fought the "yes" out of them or something.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

That's not entirely true.

Wind-Up records forces their bands to do what they want. It doesn't matter on word of the band what they think because in the end, the record label has to approve.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

That's not entirely true.

Wind-Up records forces their bands to do what they want. It doesn't matter on word of the band what they think because in the end, the record label has to approve. [/b][/quote]
    Exactly. Wind-Up won't let any of their bands wear black at all.

WB has been known to make a lot of bands release singles that they didn't want to. I did some research, and found out that Trapt didn't want "Headstrong" to be their first single, but WB forced it on them. Disturbed didn't want to release "Liberate" as a single, but they were forced to as well. Linkin Park didn't want "Numb" to be a single, and Mike even let their fans at a concert know that they didn't get to choose "Numb" as a single. Who's to say that WB didn't force the band to release "Breaking The Habit"?

Although, if this is a joke that Chaz played... He really should've thought it through, because it's disappointing a lot of fans.

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

This is off topic but I just got to say WILL AMAZING SIG :eek:

20. Aerosol.06

Aerosol.06 New Member

:D Hi,i'm new here
    i think BTH will be the next single as chester said! i think the reason is that chester doesnt want to hurt numb's feelings and BTH is most likely to have the same feeling as numb.
    that's just a thought ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.