Jesse
Birthday:
November 16
Forum Member, I don't work here, I visit though.

Share This Page

Jesse

Out of the abyss., from Guilin, China.

LPA Über VIP

Looking for Sailors... Jul 11, 2016

1. OkamiSensei
      OkamiSensei
      How the hell did you find those?! I told you to give them back! :P
    2. OkamiSensei
      OkamiSensei
      Oh God. :lol:
      Who said I have it?
    3. Iain
      Iain
      You are so weird, you know that? Not that it's a problem, but still. And like I'm one to talk. :lol:
    4. Linja
      Linja
      pretty great, thanks, Jesse =]. how've you been?
    5. Iain
      Iain
      It's a photoshop a friend did, and I figure that's probably the best picture I have of myself. :lol:

And I have no clue what you're talking about.
    6. Linja
      Linja
      :lol: erotic fanfiction's awesome. I shall attempt to read that once I'm done with my current books.

...which would be more than three truckloads.
    7. Linja
      Linja
      I also tend to use fanfiction to catch up. heh heh heh. Under the Dome? what's that?
    8. Linja
      Linja
      ai! that's awful. my poor keyboard.

ah, I see. well, when I ended up skipping several seasons of Buffy, I doused myself in spoilers :lol:
    9. Linja
      Linja
      how'd your keyboard take it?

Supernatural's just awesome. you should just dl it? or something?
    10. Linja
      Linja
      oh, I love my mac. my keyboard's just stupid. mainly because I spilled yet more tea on it. which is annoying and very klutzy. then I spilled some water on my laptop's keyboard, and it's working slow now. which is stupider.
    11. Iain
      Iain
      so dawg, I herd it was your birthday, so happy birthday.
    12. Linja
      Linja
      OH< i'm very pissed off at my laptop and mac. their keyboards have gone uttterly nuts. i' just hoping that tomorrow everything will be fine. i somehow doubt it.
    13. Linja
      Linja
      oops, sorry. confused my profile pic with my avatar. the avatar's just a snapshot of my signature -- it's a fan.
    14. Linja
      Linja
      =]. it's a frappucino with my name on it in Russian -- Мали.
    15. Linja
      Linja
      YO, HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
    16. Linja
      Linja
      MSG Plus, I think?
    17. Linja
      Linja
      Yeah. I dled an MSN-y program that lets you make shortcuts and stuff. And ctrl-space hides MSN and changes the main icon to a non-MSN-y icon.
    18. Linja
      Linja
      My laptop kind of failed while I was downloading it, so I never got around to using it. I ctrl-space on MSN, though, now. :lol:
    19. Theazninvasion68
      Theazninvasion68
      Hey jesse, Regarding your thread on Gene patent. I can tell you a major problem that arises out of it. For one, If you Gene patent something, that thereby limits research to one company. However, there are over 3.1 Billion gene [sequence] :P.

Lets say the Gene for color of eyes, that after immense research, would it be "okay" to say "MAH GENE PATENT" ?

Here's a look this way, That essentially gives them the right to research the fuck out of something, but not allow anyone else. However, the resource to find that gene is simply looking online. (since the Human genome project is complete)

One could present "Well that if the companies are greedy as fuck" prompt. Well, that would mean that 1) It isn't a patent on the gene, rather, the product effecting (affecting?) the gene, thereby a product which to produce and sell.

So as you can see, You can't really patent a Gene, you can patent a product that affects it, but you cant patent a gene specifically. That's ridiculous imo.
    20. Derek
      Derek
      PMing it is just as naughty :P.
  • About

Birthday:
    November 16
    Forum Member, I don't work here, I visit though.
    Location: Into the crucible to be rendered an emulsion. "Love is the irresistible desire to be desired irresistibly."-Mark TwainLikes: Poetry, Literature, Languages, Cultures, Culinary Arts, Art, Music, Photography, Philosophy, Star gazing,

Minecraft, Nintendo 64, Piano, Guitar, Creative Writing, Writing Stories, Writing Poetry, Computers,

Interact

Content:
    Twitter:
    CorpseAndroid

Signature

If they say who cares if one more light goes out?
    Well, I do.

[​IMG]
    The shadow of the day
    Will embrace the world in grey
    And the sun will set for you