basketball referee

Share This Page

kev_

Well-Known Member, from Anchorage, Alaska

kev_ was last seen:
Feb 9, 2016
    1. Astat
      Astat
      Tuning down half a step is almost always a win-win for everybody involved. It puts less strain on the singer's voice, and with the lower string tension, your guitar doesn't need to be set up as often, and your strings will last longer. A lot of bands who record in standard tuning tune down half a step live...Coheed and Cambria comes to mind, their first 2 albums were all standard/Drop D, but they've been playing everything down half a step live for several years.
    2. Astat
      Astat
      Forgotten is in Eb on Hybrid Theory, and the Xero version is a half step higher, so that has to be in standard tuning. I also think Fuse is in standard tuning, as the guitar part never goes below an E in that song, and the clean part in the bridge sounds like an open low E ringing out rather than a fretted E at the 2nd fret if it was in Drop D. The Xero version of Reading My Eyes is in Drop D though, and I'm not 100% sure, but I think Stick N' Move is on a 7-string.
    3. Astat
      Astat
      Other than maybe thinking that tuning back up would give them a slightly different songwriting perspective, hard to say. They used standard tuning/Drop D on the Xero tape, maybe they thought they were going full circle or something...idunnolol. ¯\(º_o)/¯
    4. Astat
      Astat
      There are actually only 2 effects on the Like a Stone solo (besides distortion): Delay, and a Digitech Whammy pedal set to 2 octaves up. He hits just about every note with the pedal down and quickly rocks it forward to give each note that big sweeping sound. I may dig out the old pedalboard and do a cover of that song one of these days...
    5. Astat
      Astat
      Yeah, the NRL acoustic cover will still be coming at some point in the future, I just need to re-record it and sing it with more confidence. I really hate my singing voice, so I have to sing something almost perfect before I'll post it anywhere.
    6. Astat
      Astat
      Meh...maybe 98%. I've had to go back and edit a couple older tabs lately too because I found out things I had wrong before. Go check out Valentine's Day, for example.
    7. Astat
      Astat
      I actually just posted a few over the past couple days. I redid the tabs for Announcement Service Public and It's Goin' Down, and I posted a tab for QWERTY but the "T" box isn't on the site for it yet, so you have to scroll down from My December to see it.
  • About

basketball referee
    I've been an LP fan since I was 10 and I look forward to their new sound

golf, baseball

Signature

Waiting for Rock Am Ring, I'm always waiting for something
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]