05.30.2012 - Skive, Denmark - Skive Festival

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Linkin Park will be playing in Skive, Denmark today for their third show of their international Summer Festival Tour. The band will be playing the Skive Beach Party Festival for the second time in their career, the first being June 5th, 2008. This marks the fourth time Linkin Park have played Denmark in total, with their last performance being October 30th, 2010 in Herning, Denmark.

The band are coming off festival shows at Rock in Rio in Portugal and Pinkpop in Holland. Both shows saw Linkin Park play the same energetic setlist that includes a lot of classic Hybrid Theory tracks and a good balance of other material. It seems to be one of the most interesting and best live setlists the band have ever played with it receiving a lot of praise in the LPA community. The only comments people seem to be making is the lack of A Thousand Suns songs in the set, when only The Catalyst, Waiting For The End and Iridescent in medley form are included. This isn't a surprise within the festival setting though, as their aim is to keep up the energy as much as possible with the festival crowd who are no doubt more familiar with the band's earlier work and hits. It will be interesting to see if Blackout is played at some point, as this was included at the West Hollywood, CA show at the House of Blues, but songs such as Wretches and Kings, When They Come For Me and The Messenger remains to be seen.

Unfortunately Pinkpop Festival wasn't live streamed like Rock in Rio was, however a number of pro-shot videos have been aired including In The End, What I've Done and Bleed It Out (Sabotage) which you can watch below.

[youtube]c0PQrZo34F0[/youtube]​

Once the band have played Skive tonight, they will have a day off before playing Nürburg, Germany for the famous Rock am Ring 2012 on June 1st. Also, remember Joe Hahn will be live chatting with the LPU from Skive today at 12:15PM PDT.

Are you heading to Skive Festival to see Linkin Park? Feel free to send us your updates and pictures to @LPAssociation! Also, you can let us know if you're going and discuss the show in our Forums.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Chester screams like a beast in that performance of "Bleed It Out" :D

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

No one care about this show

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Lol. It's probably because we already know the setlist that will be played (well, probably), and because there isn't a live stream or even the possibility of it this time.

I hope the people in Denmark will enjoy the show anyway! :)

Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

Rumors going around that Forgotten was played.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Agreed. I got chills from that performance, which is something I haven't gotten since the APFMH bridge mashup was introduced. Incredible performance!

Clever Name

Clever Name Well-Known Member

Anyone know the setlist?

mainap

mainap Well-Known Member

or maybe everyone is in the festival :dafuq:

Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

[​IMG]

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

i hope for a new rotational setlist for ROCK AM RING 2012.... that would be cool... :awesome:

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Doubt they will change this set at all until the Honda Civic Tour, obviously. It doesn't really need to be changed regardless.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Wow, for a moment, I almost thought that "Forgotten rumor" was true. Would have been amazing, but the setlist is already great anyway

bfoley4685

bfoley4685 Member

^ that's what sucks. I have tickets to the Honda Civic tour and I'm afraid I'm not gonna get to see all these Hybrid Theory classics due to the release of living things. I mean some new music will be awesome but I'd love to still here APFMH,POA and With You

superdupercop

superdupercop Member

Lol Chester looks like the same hardcore punk rocker we saw in like 2000 without his shirt on. Which is funny, because we know how much the band have changed since then. But still, this sorta reminds me, they are same people, same attitude, same badassness that we've been following for over a decade

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

For some odd reason I thought of yoghurt when I saw the name of this festival.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.