2005 Tour?

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by NickelNine, Dec 5, 2004.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

haha.... :D i dunno!!

Maybe :rolleyes: a zillion times..........! :lol: [/b][/quote]
    first of all.. has the band actually said they wouldnt tour in 2005? and if they did, i want proof.. not some word of mouth garbage.. and if u remember correctly.. what did they do before they released meteora? they had an lpu tour and played some songs off the album.. whos to say they wont do that again? and according to a news article this site posted a while back.. warner brothers said that LP would be releasing thier newest album by the end of the year.. whether this is just pressure to release it by the label or that it may be a fact due to the band just hiding that that they already have some material to record (ignoring statements from chester about a mid 2006 release).. there is a possibility of a 2005 release and potential tour..

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

they played some shows in europe just before they released meteora - there was an LPU show at nottingham and they also played other (no LPU) shows in the UK also, and maybe on in paris. dont quote me on that though

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

first of all.. has the band actually said they wouldnt tour in 2005? and if they did, i want proof.. not some word of mouth garbage.. and if u remember correctly.. what did they do before they released meteora? they had an lpu tour and played some songs off the album.. whos to say they wont do that again? and according to a news article this site posted a while back.. warner brothers said that LP would be releasing thier newest album by the end of the year.. whether this is just pressure to release it by the label or that it may be a fact due to the band just hiding that that they already have some material to record (ignoring statements from chester about a mid 2006 release).. there is a possibility of a 2005 release and potential tour.. [/b][/quote]
    Well, considering the fact they haven't even entered the studios yet and that they take such a long time to record new albums, the chance of a 2005 tour is very slim. It'd be very late in the year, if that slim chance ever presented itself.

They're busy with side-projects, resting, and then they'll record. Again, a 2005 tour is not happening.

Melonman64

Melonman64 Well-Known Member

Well, considering the fact they haven't even entered the studios yet and that they take such a long time to record new albums, the chance of a 2005 tour is very slim. It'd be very late in the year, if that slim chance ever presented itself.

They're busy with side-projects, resting, and then they'll record. Again, a 2005 tour is not happening. [/b][/quote]
    i will second the fact that no 2005 tour will exist

and mark, how long did it take you to put in the urls for each band's website at the bottom of your sig?

Lpimp

Lpimp Extremely H! Vltg3

hey no one knows...just the band

Mark

i will second the fact that no 2005 tour will exist

and mark, how long did it take you to put in the urls for each band's website at the bottom of your sig? [/b][/quote]
    It doesn't take very much effort at all. Probably took me twenty minutes the first time I did it, but I have it saved in a document on my computer.

Anyways, back on topic. Any more questions directed to me off-topic can be PMed to me, thanks.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

i thought they would have played a Charity show since they set up Music or Relief :unsure:

Melonman64

Melonman64 Well-Known Member

hmmm, i forgot about that

lp_4/evr

lp_4/evr Well-Known Member

how do you know that they haven't recorded anthing?
    maybe they are doing like they did with meteora, and recorded on the road, and just haven't made it a studio version yet.

you just contradicted yourself with the tour thing and it's is possible, not just a "slim chance", cause they still have about 11 more months (as of Jan 24)

and a song (if you think about it) could take as little as a week (if you want quality) and they could have about 25 already thought out.

and they could do a meteora and do a tour before the release.

besides if any is talking about the collision course collaberation: the live show was done in like march and the album was done before then so they weren't doing a collab., they did a collab.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

If LP were to do a tour this year, it would have to be very late in the year. I can't see it personally, but i'm sure they will probably do a couple of shows or something, and they will probably be at the end of the year too.

Mark

how do you know that they haven't recorded anthing?
    maybe they are doing like they did with meteora, and recorded on the road, and just haven't made it a studio version yet.

you just contradicted yourself with the tour thing and it's is possible, not just a "slim chance", cause they still have about 11 more months (as of Jan 24)

and a song (if you think about it) could take as little as a week (if you want quality) and they could have about 25 already thought out.

and they could do a meteora and do a tour before the release.

besides if any is talking about the collision course collaberation: the live show was done in like march and the album was done before then so they weren't doing a collab., they did a collab. [/b][/quote]
    They haven't recorded anything in the studio yet. I already explained this in the New Album thread. With Mike doing side-projects and the other members taking a break, they shouldn't be in the studios for a good bit. During the 'Meteora' recording process, it took five months to record the album, then it was mixed a month later. That's six months. Give one or two months extra for post-production (marketing, etc), plus more time for delays. That sends us into early 2006 as a possible release time. Maybe they'll get quicker and record the album faster, who knows, but with their slow knack of doing things, it's unlikely there will be a tour in 2005. Maybe the odd show. But no tour.

gabi

gabi Banned

And what do you think - is it possible to come to Europe 2005? In my small country...? :rolleyes: :lol:

Milanthis

Milanthis Active Member

That's my wish too!! Sziget Fesztival in Hungary is really popular in Europe, :thumbsup: and many fan hopes Lp will visit it one time... Maybe in 2005 or in 2006? :hmm:

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

Adding to what Mark said,they are also performing for the Tsunami relief now.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

source

i got this from another lp fansite.. there was a thread on this potential tour a while ago but i could not find it.. but thought id post it someplace without starting a new one..