2012 Vote

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Erica, Sep 24, 2011.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

So you'll refrain from voting to potentially allow another Christian looney (Michelle Bachmann, Rick Perry) to run the country? I'm not forcing you to vote, but I am saying that it's kind of assed backwards to complain about who the general public voted into office, when you yourself refused to do anything about it.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Probably because Obama won't legalise weed or something.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Or because he kills Middle Eastern babies with remote control rockets in unapproved, illegal wars. And kills US citizens without due process with said rockets. All while on the verge of creating the 2nd great depression. There's plenty of other reasons intelligent people wouldn't want Obama in there for another term.

Dean

Nope, I'm pretty sure I remember him actually saying that weed being legalised is his priority.

Here we go:
    So much for all these noble intentions he's suddenly started blathering on about...

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
    Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

There is not one presidential candiate in this race that is evil nor is Obama evil. One of the biggest problems with America today is that that's how people act. And for the love of fucking God, every little bad thing that happens during Obama's term isn't necessarily his fault. And yes, that applies to all presidents including Bush.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
    travz21

Depends what you define evil as. Every president since pretty much the 1950s has been for killing innocent civilians in foreign countries to serve ulterior motives in unnecessary wars. And not even on accident.

I don't want a president that kills men, women, and children in other countries that isn't doing it in the interest of our nation defense, if there would ever be a case for that anyways. That seems about as evil as it gets. I'd post the pictures and videos here to maybe get it into peoples' heads the devastation we're causing to innocent people, but I'd guess most people don't like seeing blood and guts and screaming families when it's actually in real life.

Long story short, presidents like killing innocent people because it makes them money. How about we find a president that doesn't want to be in any wars unless it's for national defense.

Benjamin

In Obama's case I don't recall him doing anything like that. But if you want to show me an example of a time where Obama was directly involved in an intentional murder of an innocent civillian I'm all ears.

travz21

Benjamin

Although I disagree with the decision to kill (rather than arrest) Anwar al-Awlaki, I would hardly call doing so evil when neither me nor you know how dangerous he may have been to America.

And as for Libya that's NATO, not Obama. Innocent lives have been lost I'm sure but to solely blame it on Obama because you don't like him is ridiculous.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

We're better than a FUCKTON of countries still. Our roads are still drivable and we don't live in mud huts yet. We're still a first world country. We can still fall a loong long way. Maybe you guys have never actually been to a third world country yet, but y'all don't know how good you have it. Unfortunately, maybe you won't find out until you experience it firsthand. This defeatist attitude is beyond wrong.

Bad is not the same as equally bad. Every choice being evil doesn't make them all equally evil. Being corrupt is not the same as being more corrupt. That's a logical fallacy. I guess you non-voters actually don't care since you aren't even going to mitigate the damage at all. Non-voters are the biggest part of the problem. You guys are responsible for removing the voice of your demographic and putting the power in the hands of extremists that will never compromise. You gain NOTHING by refusing to participate in your own government. Change your government for the better and repair its mistakes whenever you can, but non-participation is not how to you do so.

travz21

http://steinbergfiles.com/?p=896
    http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=44986

And it's not evil to kill someone without using our system of law? The death penalty is wrong even if you're convicted, much less using a drone on one of our own citizens without any evidence or due process. A US citizen! It's sickening that people don't understand what road this leads down.

There are no logical points that someone can use to defend Obama. He's a horrible human being and one of the worst presidents we've had. I can go on all day and night about this, but mostly everyone here doesn't care for reality. They like to live in this dream world where this corruption isn't taking place and avoid any intellectual contemplation at all.

Edit: And not voting is pretty bad. But if your candidate isn't in the only 2 parties, it's irrelevant if you vote. We're told who we have to vote for and anyone in other parties is virtually not even in the race. And now that there's virtually only one party, this ensures that this corruptible party just lives on and on and on unless the people can someone get in someone with different views than the status quo. You can't say just choose the lesser evil, because both republicans and democrats that follow the status quo will hammer our country into the ground.

Dean

As has already been said a few times, obviously nothing's going to change if you say it won't. I know it's easy to be cynical but if you find a candidate you actually like/dislike less than the others, you may as well vote for them. Worst case scenario is that you're stuck with the system you already seem to be settling for anyway, and at best something might actually happen.

From what I've seen I can barely stand the way you talk about Ron Paul, but in a lot of ways I'd rather see you stick to your guns and support him rather than admitting defeat already if you think he's the solution.

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

At the end of the day you're still voting for a politician.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I can tell you right now that not all politicians are terrible people, although Washington does a good job to make it seem that way. Senator O'Pake from Pennsylvania (who sadly passed away this year) was one of the most honest, caring and truthful politicians to ever be a part of Washington. He truly fought for the working class, and always made time to cater to his constituents and get things done for the less fortunate. When he passed away this year, he left a huge void. That's why if people care about politics very strongly, and hate corruption, they should run for political office. Change doesn't happen without someone standing up to make a difference.

Benjamin

Amy Klobuchar or Al Franken from Minnesota should run for president <3.

Dean

[​IMG]
    Greatest president in history.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
    Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

Well, I argued with people over and over again last election that Obama wasn't qualified. I hate to say it but I was right. Last election I voted McCain but my views have drastically changed. Both Democrats and Republicans are evil. I havent decided quite yet but I wont take part in voting for a Democrat or Republican. Its useless.

travz21

[youtube]XKfuS6gfxPY[/youtube]

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Really? I thought his name was Bush?

20. travz21

Obama evolved from Bush's evilness into bigger and badder things.