26.01.11 - Chicago, IL - Show & LPU Summit

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    aKaRiot

aKaRiot LP Fanboy

Interesting

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

While we will have lots of awesome pics and video of the summit by tomorrow/friday, unfortunately it does not appear we will be able to do live tweeting tonight. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Spin

Spin Chaos that defies imagination

Chicago got the new B13 set, confirmed over on LPL by someone who was at the show.

Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

[​IMG]

:shifty:

--RS

DefyTheEye

DefyTheEye Well-Known Member

yea that pic taken was definately not the setlist, i was there! they did a ton of vintage, hybrid theory songs. started off with requiem, started to do wretches and kings, then bam jumped right into faint outta nowhere! big suprise! cant think of em all off top of my head, im sure someone with a better memory will put it up here tommrw. the show was awesome! LP killed it, time for some much needed rest! cheers!

DefyTheEye

oh and interesting they rehearsed Burning In The Skies numerous times during soundcheck, but didnt wind up playing it. Perhaps they were working out the kinks because thats the song theyll play first sundays SNL?

Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

epic setlist I loved it!

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

It wasn't BITS during Bleed It Out it was A Place For My Head

LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

how was the summit guys? the setlist of this show was awesome too! nice they had a change again!

linkinparker1

linkinparker1 Bridgett Brzezinski

I was at the Summit and concert. I took the setlist pictures when I was on stage for the summit activity of walking the stage. LP fooled us, and it was hilarious.

linkinparker1

linkinparker1 Bridgett Brzezinski

It was amazing. I can post the two videos I have from the soundcheck of BITS and Blackout later tonight or tomorrow. LP is the best band in the universe for having opportunities such as the summits for their beloved fans

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Yeah the show was fucking sick. The set list was awesome. United Center was packed. Easily the best Linkin Park concert I have ever been to. Pendulum was fucking great too. The only downside of the whole entire event was Does It Offend You, Yeah. They were so boring. But yeah like I said. The show was amazing

WhiteSoxLPJuan92

WhiteSoxLPJuan92 Active Member

i have a video from the summmit uploaded ask for the youtube channel =]

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Did they play any acoustic tracks?

You can embed the youtube video into your post or post the link to your video in here :)

Filthy

Filthy instagram & twitter: @evanfass

That was my first LP concert :) Absolutely amazing! I got to hang out by the soundboard && go into the crowd. Easily the best night of my entire life!!

WhiteSoxLPJuan92

WhiteSoxLPJuan92 Active Member

no Ree they didnt play a acoustic set Adam said that each was different in it own way he said they wanted to do the acoustic set but they were on a tight schedule so we just got 3 songs out of the soundcheck lol here the vid for Burning in the skies i have 2 different videos cause chester and phoenix werent here in this one cause they were caught in traffic so this is the one without chester ima upload the one with chester in awhile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kvW5SMa5rA

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

With all these reports of them playing BITS in soundcheck I really hope they put it in the setlist within the next two weeks.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Im lovin the setlist. :awesome:

DefyTheEye

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

My review of the Summit/Show:

I only did day two of the Summit because i wasn't going to be caught dead out in the cold skating without decent clothing as i under-packed for Chicago. Plus i was dead tired and needed my beauty sleep. :lol:

I enjoyed making the shirts for Haiti and the free breakfast. The ladies in charge of the printing were really nice and i finally met Adam. For the record, he's actually kind of hot. :awesome:

After t-shirts, we got to watch the crew set-up the stage and that was both exciting and confusing as i couldn't fathom how they were going to make all that gear fit together coherently but they did. And listening to them check out all if all the instruments were working was cool. I especially liked it when they played Faint just Instrumental.

Then we had the raffle and auction and i didn't win any at all which was sad. To the douchebag who stole the From The Inside Book from me, i hate you.:rasberry:

But i won a dressing room tour for only donating 10 bucks. pretty good i'd say.

Then we got to take our selected tour and i chose Backstage which was cool because we also got to walk the stage even though it wasn't part of our tour so we got to do two things unlike the Stage people and Bus tour people. :D

The guys dressing room was the most surreal place ever. It was so zen and there was lots of food. Plus, on Dave's locker thing, he spelled his name wrong with a Fenix instead of Phoenix which was amusing to me. :lol:

I loved all the things we got to see. I took some pictures. I loved seeing Mike's fancy keyboard and Chester and Brad's drums. The stage was awesome.

Mark Fiore is also another dude. He is cool and also hot in person than the videos let on. :awesome:

The sound-check was one of the highlights for sure. Mike, Brad, Rob and Joe did BITS first without Chester with just Mike singing his parts. It was like a weird version of BITS. I sang Chester's part in my head. Then they did Blackout almost to the bridge without Chester or the playback. Then they did Blackout again with Chester' playback track and Chester joined in at the end when he and Dave arrived. Then they did Blackout again together with Chester fully there and it was awesome. Chester has already nailed that song. It doesn't need any more tweaking and work.
    Then Chester wanted to run BITS and the whole band performed it and it was stupendous. Mike got loads better since the first time they played it and the first time he sound-checked it earlier. His voice was less shaky and breathy and it sounded stronger and sure and they nailed it. Have i mentioned how much i love listening to Mike and Chester sing together? ^_^
    I was so happy getting to hear BITS live because i knew from the set-list that it wasn't going to be played. They also sound-checked The Requiem/Mario Savio's speech/Faint intro twice and messed around some more playing different stuff and did lots of talking with each other and Chester wanted to sound-check Blackout's bridge again and again. It was all fun just to watch them go through the process.

I loved the M&G but fumbled as i forgot all the things i wanted to say and ask. So i sneaked into the line again and got Mike to draw something on iridescent which has like my favourite vocal performance by him on the album and it was all good. i shamelessly forfeited my dressing room tour given by Dave and Rob in exchange to sit in at the Q&A because for one, Mike was not giving the tour and i wanted to be where Mike was.(yes i am a shamless fangirl. sue me:shifty:) but i am not as shameless as some of the girls who were whistling and screaming when Chester bent over. It was embarrassing to be seating next to them for sure. Plus there was this over-hyper girl who i awarded the most enthusiastic award for the day. She was spazzing and twirling and saying inappropriate stuff and fangirling but it was all fun to watch and it was cute. :lol:

In the Q&A, Mike and Chester gave mostly joke answers. They did say the likely chance of them playing QWERTY is very slim. And someone asked about their favourite songs and they all named songs that they would most likely never play which i'm sure some fans didn't get. I liked the ethnic diversity of the band question and Mike's answer but i was too busy gazing at Mike to remember the rest of the questions.:awesome:

Then it was bye-bye band time and we were allowed to pick our spots on the floor and for the first time, i was at the barrier in the best spot that allowed you to see both sides of the V with clarity and where Mike and Chester always frequented on the stage. :D It was great.

THE SHOW:

I most say, when i saw the set-list earlier, i wasn't happy about Faint opening. Meteora is like my fourth favourite LP album which is basically the least favourite. And i wanted to see Wretches & Kings open so i wasn't happy that it was cut from the set.

For me, the show's highlight was hearing all the ATS material. The low point was seeing that they cut The Messenger and Wretches & Kings which brought the total of all ATS solid songs played to only 5. The horror. My favourite album and i only got to hear only five songs. I mean, it was definitely a high moment when i heard them, but having to listen to Lying From You, Faint and Given Up made me so sad. I would rather hear those ditched ATS material easily in their place and keep Blackout in replacement of Crawling(it just doesn't translate well live) plus Faint is not the greatest opener for me. The crowd enjoyed it. They enjoyed everything and couldn't stop screaming the whole time which is all good. I wanted an ATS song to open up the ATS tour. personal bias. I do still think The Requiem is an epic intro and should definitely stay but teasing us with the Mario Salvio speech was mean. They should just have used The Radiance instead.

But the show was spectacular even with my personal bias. It's LP and i connect with them live as they have some sort of magical powers over me. Mike seemed happy that the crowd sang along and knew Waiting for the End which was cool. Although, Chester even with his bad fan encounter in the crowd came down during Bleed it Out and sang the A Place for my Head bridge with some fan singing into the mic with him. He shook everybody's hand including mine and was so nice and awesome letting all those people touch and try to grope him like they think some of the talent would rub off on them.:lol:

And i enjoyed Blackout and Papercut and just all of ATS. The show was epic. But i don't think i will be doing GA anymore. My back and neck can't take it. Crowd surfers always manage to almost break my neck each time.

So there is my review. I'm sure i missed loads of stuff.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.