29.01.11 - Kansas City, MO

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Tonight Linkin Park will be playing the Sprint Center in Kansas City, MO for their seventh show on the North American leg of the A Thousand Suns World Tour.

The band played Minneapolis, MN last night, and again played a whole new set from previous shows. Linkin Park mixed it up by opening the show with Papercut after The Requiem, which we also saw in Atlanta on their third show. For the first time this tour the band closed with Faint, the encore was also host to a few other changes, with Wisdom, Justice & Love and Iridescent opening the encore for the first time ever. Shadow of the Day also found itself in the encore for the first time this tour.

The highlight of the set was the introduction of Burning In The Skies, which was played for the first time ever since their stint in Australia last year. With Burning In The Skies being the next single off A Thousand Suns, will we begin to see this played more now it has had it's debut?

Wretches & Kings is still absent from the set again, with Blackout being replaced by Burning In The Skies, will we see these three tracks together in a single set on this tour? Which set has been your favorite and what do you think Linkin Park will have in store for Kansas City tonight?

Also, we would like to take the time to thank everyone going to these shows with LPA shirts and repping the site. LPA members zane & Dumbledore managed to get a LPA flag on stage last night which is awesome, keep up the great support! We are thankful to the awesome community the LPA has. Thank you!

Are you heading to Kansas City for the show tonight? Let us know and discuss the tour on the LPA Forums!

Setlist:

01: The Requiem
    02: Papercut
    03: Lying From You
    04: Given Up (Extended Outro)
    05: What I’ve Done (Extended Outro)
    06: Empty Spaces
    07: When They Come For Me
    08: No More Sorrow
    09: Jornada Del Muerto
    10: Waiting For The End
    11: Burning In The Skies
    12: Numb
    13: The Radiance
    14: Breaking The Habit (Extended Outro)
    15: Fallout
    16: The Catalyst
    17: Crawling
    18: One Step Closer
    19: Bleed It Out (A Place For My Head Bridge)
    ----------
    20: Wisdom, Justice & Love
    21: Iridescent
    22: Shadow Of The Day
    23: In The End
    24: New Divide
    25: Faint

Source: roadtorevolutionbr.com | setlist.fm

gamersath

gamersath Member

ahhh! LPA i'm just so frustrated that LP is not going to come to South East Asia anytime soon!!! i'm super excited about all the line ups. crazy ! whacky! AWESOME!!! hopefully they'll change their minds and come to SEA before june!! i cant wait to hear A Thousands Suns LIVE!!!
    p.s: LPA, you guys are doing an awesome job. i'm always visiting to get the latest updates on LP!! =) you guys rock!

My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

I was at MN last night. I managed to get a picture of Dumbledore helping out with getting the flag on stage.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
    Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Epic Win!

LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

Have fun guys!!!

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

:lol:

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

win...

about the setlist, I wonder how did it sound with playing SOTD right after Iridescent.

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

I was at the show. To answer the post above, Iridescent was amazing to start the encore and I thought Shadow of the Day sounded great after!

Been a fan of Linkin Park since 2001 and this was my first show I've seen of theirs live. It was an incredible show! :D

I felt kind of duped with the Wretches and Kings intro to Papercut, lol I really wanted them to play it. :( And I wanted Blackout, but I feel like it could be kind of difficult to pull off live or something? Hoping they play it at Madison Square Garden.

Really loved hearing Papercut and Lying From You to start the show off, though, being a fan for so long it felt good to kind of feel like you're seeing them on their Meteora tour. I loved it. :)

Mike's hair was oiled back, it was an interesting look, but I liked it. :lol:

Only technical problems were the vocals cutting out on the first chorus of When They Come For Me and the beginning of Burning In The Skies had some mixing problems that were quickly fixed. Other than that, it was basically a perfect show. I had a great time and would definitely see them again. :)

Highlights of the show for me were Lying From You, Waiting For The End, Breaking The Habit, The Catalyst, Iridescent, and Faint.

I'm glad I got to see them this time around. You can tell they've matured a lot over the years, they own those old songs so well, and it was great to hear them mix it up a bit.

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: Long Live Linkin Park!

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Thxz for answering =]
    I went to my first LP show back in 2007 Hong Kong, when I wasn't quite a HUGE fan of the guys yet, but that show was amazing and breathtaking,
    I got to hear them perform In Pieces live and Brad rocked out the solo.
    I'm looking forward for their next Asian Tour, hopefully this year =]

Jamfiya

Jamfiya Member

kinda glad i didn't go now...haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.