Linkin Park "make us believe" a new single is imminent

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Sep 22, 2024.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Fans who regularly check linkinpark.com looking for anything new in the lead-up to the November 15 release of From Zero will notice something new there today - a message reading "Make them believe" which appears at the very bottom of the page upon loading, before disappearing after just moments ...

[​IMG]

Curiously, this phrase is also the slogan for the League of Legends 2024 Season World Championship e-sports event, also known as Worlds 2024, as evidenced here:

This gives strong credence to a growing rumour that Linkin Park is involved with Worlds 2024, likely premiering a new single which could be used as the official Worlds 2024 anthem. This rumour was sparked when the official League of Legends e-sports Twitter account mysteriously replied to a Linkin Park tweet with a crown emoji, which fans interpreted to be a reference to a currently-unreleased From Zero track "Heavy Is The Crown":

Worlds tournaments are the culmination of each season of League of Legends, and anthems are tie-in songs typically contributed by big-name artists to capture the excitement of the major event. The songs usually also come complete with a League of Legends-themed music video, and are performed live by the artist as part of the real-world event (with pro-shot video released online for fans to boot). This year's anthem will be unveiled in just a couple of days on September 24, and the tournament then runs from September 27 through to November 11, taking place across three cities around the world. Official posts from Riot Games have, of course, been building the mystery and anticipation, and fans of the game have been feverishly guessing what artist is behind this year's song:

This latest update to Linkin Park's website points to us potentially getting "Heavy Is The Crown" in just a couple of days, along with a music video, followed by a pro-shot video of the band performing the song live at the Worlds Finals opening ceremony later down the line. If Linkin Park is indeed the mysterious artist who will be revealed soon, their song will be the tenth anthem to date, as the tradition began in 2014. Artists who performed Worlds anthems in previous years include Lil Nas X, NewJeans and Imagine Dragons.

How excited are you for this possible major crossover? Let us know on the message board!

Source: linkinpark.com

ScatterMatter, Abel, Gibs and 4 others like this.
    ScatterMatter

ScatterMatter Well-Known Member

Hype! I hope there’s some sort of nod towards the game. A double entendre maybe.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Shinoda will have a rap verse with a line about how he's in a different league. :kappa:

Petar, Wasabi GOD, Qwerty19 and 4 others like this.
    Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

more than a legend / in a different league / i'm a champion, brother, a fiend

Abel and Deliveranze like this.
    Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Not sure how I feel about getting another single so
    soon when we’ve still got 2 months left until the album’s out. I don’t like having heard too much of an album before it’s out; presumably there’ll be 3rd single closer to release date.

I won’t lie though, the prospect of hearing what else they have cooked up is exciting!

Petar likes this.
    Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

We are being fed so good, guys. Not much of a League guy like most of my family and friends, but I'm familiar with Worlds--and with how Worlds usually is, this is a huge deal besides just us getting more new Linkin Park.

The anthem always becomes popular outside of League after a while. With how big of a reach the band already has, this is potentially going to be the "In the End"/"What I've Done" for a new generation of LP fans who might find them through League of Legends.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

“Every competitor ever gonna run from these weapons/
    These petty nerds wanna jump off me because I’m a ledge end (legend)” :kappa:

Abel and Elaine like this.
    Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

In real life, the ratio of persons I've met being fans of LOL vs beings fans of Linkin Park must be something like 10:1.

Holy damn of an exposure this is going to get.

Abel and ScatterMatter like this.
    ScatterMatter

Honestly, I’m not sure what to expect for reception League-side. To me, the title kind of feels competitive and fun. I think that might’ve been the best way to go with it, too. The idea is to get to two audiences with this one and to many on the opposite side of this Venn diagram LP is just a 24 year old nu-metal band.

So, I really hope it’s special, the polar opposite of TEM as far as risk goes.

РΛТ

РΛТ LPA VIP LPA VIP

*hysterical hype laughter*

ScatterMatter likes this.
    Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Feels like a suitably big platform in general to just shout from the heavens, "Linkin Park is back".

We're in the world of big swings. Can't wait to see what they do next.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2024
    Abel and ScatterMatter like this.
    Wasabi GOD

Wasabi GOD Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

As a league player myself since Season 3 and a huge fan of Arcane, this are fantastic news.

РΛТ likes this.
    ScatterMatter

Wasn’t that the season that Hecarim was released? If so, same here. :lol:

Wasabi GOD likes this.
    Wasabi GOD

Wasabi GOD Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Exactly :D

ScatterMatter likes this.
    RiderSSPU

RiderSSPU Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I doubt it's going to be a risky song, if you listen to the anthems for League or Valorant none of them are "risky"

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

So this is their new "Transformers" moment? They are partnering with what? I am not sure if this legends/game is that popular? I haven't heard this franchise before.

The Free Element

The Free Element Well-Known Member

It's pretty big. Even not counting the game, if the rumors of Heavy Is The Crown being in the Arcane Season 2 Soundtrack are true, then we are talking very big. Arcane is one of the most popular animated series out there, and probably one of the biggest Netflix projects ever. Lots of people who don't care or don't play the game watched it. This could be huge!

ScatterMatter

Risk might not be the right word. If TEM was the sheepish “We’re back, fam,” I hope that HITC is the “This is fun.” The “Bleed it Out” to “What I’ve Done.”

I agree, though, that they haven’t had that kind of song as anthem. But maybe the competition needs a fresh standoffish tone at this age.

Edit; On the topic of Arcane, I wonder where it will show up in the plot.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2024
    mustard likes this.
    minusxerø

minusxerø ohai LPA Addicted VIP

If I had to guess, it would be a scene involving Jinx, as she's de facto ruler of Zaun.

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

The "LP are sellouts" crowd gonna have a field day with this one. :lol: