50 Cent

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Todd, Apr 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I saw 50 cent on Last Call w/ Carson Daly last night (never watch it, too lazy to turn the TV off after Conan.) I've come to the conclusion that he, nor his CD aren't even worth 50 cents. So let's compare him to LP.

First of all, 50 cent. WTF kind of name is that. And if you're gonna name yourself something dumb like that, at least realize that it's cents. Linkin Park isn't the best band name, in fact I thought it was a weird name when I first heard it 2 years ago, but at least it has some meaning to it.

And lyrics, wtf is this:
    Is that all he could come up with? Does he not have any talent at all? I think a 5 year old kid on crack can come up with better lyrics. The grammar is ####, but then again, what can you expect from someone who doesn't even know when a word is singular and when its plural? At least LP uses full words that you'll find in an English dictionary when writing lyrics.

Crotch grabbing: I dont know why he or other rappers do it, but wtf is up with them grabbing their nuts while rapping? Thank god Mike doesn't do that.

Clothes: What the hell is up with them wearing 4 layers of clothing and 50 pounds of jewlery? He can walk around and go "bling bling" but who gives a crap? When you go to an LP concert, you're not blinded by light reflecting off jewlery unlike at a 50 cent concert.

Fans: I'm basing this comparison between LP and 50 cent on their official forums. Sure, the LPMB has several idiots and teenies who are just there to say which band members are hot, but visit 50 Cent's official forum. It speaks for itself. If you're offended by obscene and vulgar language, don't go to that forum.

Those are my 2 cents on 50 cent, and I dont even think he's worth those 2 cents

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I agree with everything you said and I didn’t even read your post...So, I’m hoping you said all negative things about him. :lol:

Ah, good...good. All negative things. I still agree with everything you said. And have you ever actually listened? His voice is one tone...the pitch never changes!

He’s a disgrace to rap. Even Em isn’t as pathetic as this guy is. Em can actually write some pretty cool stuff...I think.

When I saw the title for this thread, I clicked on it right away ready to talk all kinds of sh!t about whoever started this saying they like them. BUT, to my surprise, it's a thread started in hate of him. Way to go, Todd! Why doesn't he just call himself pocket-change. It's ironic to call yourself 50 Cent, seeing how 50 cents ain't sh!t these days.

Reasons for hating 50 Cent:
    * Ugly
    * Raps sh!tty, poppy lyrics
    * Thinks he's great now that Eminem recruitted him (50's been around awhile, but he's always sucked on the mic)
    * Raps in a monotone
    * Has a retarded mcee name
    * Ugly (oops)

:shifty:

Shinji

Shinji Illuminate

i don't like 50 cent at all i think In da club is a boring song

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

i liked the beat on in da club, but i hate 50 cent, go download 50 pence - in da pub, its so freakin funny :lol:

Shinji

Shinji Illuminate

that is awesome LoL :lol:

Happy Gilmore

Happy Gilmore Y2K

I think he sux. That's so lame to have some crappy beat [like all the rappers of that type] and to have some crappy rymes on that beat. But actually, it's sad to be admitted, this is one of the secrets to become famous and many brainless teenagers to listen to this music. All you need is some simple words that everyone can sing:

"Go, go, go, go
    Go, go, go shawty
    It's your birthday
    We gon' party like it's yo birthday"

And I think Eminem is the same...

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

That’s why there’s rock music... Salvation from the mindless dribble that is commercialized rap!

Happy Gilmore

Happy Gilmore Y2K

Exactly ;)

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

I thought you were going to say good things about him but im glad you didnt! I think I have to agree with everything you said! He is terrible. I heard In Da Club and didnt like it at all. It was very annoying last night because it was played a lot at the party I was at :wth:

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

I saw him on an interview, I couldn't tell whether he was stoned or if he was just braindead! The guy has no talent either, and yeah Eminem at LEAST can write some rhymes with some cool samples. Rap is dying, and 50 Cent is the epitome of the junk thats coming out on the hip-hop scene these days.

Better go with rock! They have to have some skill andbe musical to play rock!

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

50 Cent is the most terrible artist to come out and achieve commercial success in years. If I hear that goddamn "In Da Club" song one more time I'm going down to his next concert and sniping him off from atop a building. Yes, my hatred for him is so much that I want to kill him.

Let's name off some very important facts about 50 Cent
    1) as Todd said, very dumb name. It's the amount his cd's should be priced.
    2) he looks like a freakin' monkey.
    3) his lyrical meanings are null.
    4) he can't even say "the". instead he makes himself look like he has a kindergarten education by saying "da".
    5) he's only getting success because he's getting backed by Eminem and Dre.
    6) he was shot in the face 8 times,so what?

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Wow, he has some devoted fans on that Message Board! If you went to it, they don't even talk about 50 Cent, all they talk about is sex, lol.

And yes, I think he sucks as well. The only reason he is succeeding right now is because he has Eminem backing him, so all the little girls who like Eminem are going to buy 50 Cent. As for the guys who are buying his album, you're just weird.

Hes obviously in it for the money, and the money only. Look at his debut album title, 'Get Rich, Or Die Tryin'.

*Listens to some good music, i.e Linkin Park.*

Tim2

Tim2 Ambient

Very true. And funny :lol:

elie

elie Well-Known Member

If you guys listen, there is alot of other crap out there beside 50 Cent. I don't like him either, but I don't think it's fair to compare him to LP.

I mean, they are two different groups (one is a guy) in two WAAYY different genre's of music. I mean, his music is meant to be commercialized and force-fed to teeny boppers and ebonics-crazed children and horny teenagers. Artists like him will come and go, but LP will stay.

Get over it.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

it's hard to compare 50 to LP, but I like 50 cent...his flow actually makes sense and after being shot 9 times, the guy's pretty nice to people lol

Most rap [like 50] is just party music...it's not something emotional or deep seeding meanings, it's just something to pump up in your car stereo...or maybe in da club? :p

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

Wow, you guys really hate 50, which piss me off. :angry: I haven't seen a posivite post on 50 until now.... 50 Cent is my second favorite artist, next to Linkin Park. First of all, 50 cent is not spelled wrong, nor the name is dumb. Jackie Chan asked 50 Cent, yes Jackie Chan (the famous, funny, martial arts guy) why is he name 50 cent? 50 said that it was a metaphor for change. Change, the one he is making with music. Change; his uniqueness. 50 had a very sad life, he was shot 9 times (correction, not 8) and one of the bullets went through his mouth and that's why he sounds different then what he used to be. He is not getting backed by Dre and Eminem. if he is, then why he got a song directly to Ja Rule on his album dissing him??

"More so than any other music since the blues, hip-hop is all about stories. And its stories are both criminal minded and grand, making them enthralling and unbelievable, but also making them only as interesting and convincing as the teller." This tells a lot about 50 Cent.
    His debut album is a classic like Nas' "Illmatic," and promises to set the pace for hip-hop in coming years. The product of his unrelenting drive, talent and, frankly, his real-ness, 50's official first album promises to do for him just what it says. With his infectious flow and viciously funny I-don't-give-a-s.hit personality, there is no doubt that 50 Cent will Get Rich or Die Trying. 50 Cent keeps it real talking about God, love, gansta, and what happended to him in his current album.

50 cent has collaborated with many artist, such as Eminem, D12, J-Lo, Beyonce Knowles, Lil' Kim, Missy Elliot, Justin Timberlake and more. So as you can see he is not a hater, unlike you guys (no offense). And if you are tired of "in da club", dont be. 'cuz Beyonce Knowles, the R&B solo singer, got a song with just like in the club called Sexy Lil' Thug.
    Go shorty, it's Beyonce
    We gon' party like, it's ya birthday
    We gettin' naughty like, it's ya birthday
    So put ya drink up in the air if you feel sexy!

osctotheedge

osctotheedge Banned

50 cent sucks. He is the epitome of crappy rap at its worst. Rap is in a downfall. Rappers can't even make their own beats, but rather just steal them from the original fathers of that music. In addition, I watched his performance on MTV spring break, and the only voice I can hear is the actual recorded song in the background. Yep, Rappers can't even sing their own songs. They need tape recorders to sing along. I could not even hear his own real life and natural voice. There ya go darken hybrid, try to prove me wrong

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Well, I have no choice to liking 50 Cent or not... My entire school loves his 'music' and if I deny it, I may come home in a body bag... :wth:. I don't wanna' actually see if that'll happen so I keep my mouth shut ;).

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

yes. I saw that. He cant talk very well 'cuz he was shot in the mouth. and that's why he cant rap very well on a live performance. so he had his crew to help him out. the only time when the "tape recorder" was on playing was only on the chorus part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.