A Band I'm sure you'll like

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by jonspeaks22, May 1, 2008.

jonspeaks22

jonspeaks22 Banned

Hey guys, just got my hand on this new Flobots CD "Fight With Tools", I ended up buying after I heard that song "Handlebars" on the radio and streaming it on their myspace. They have some really intriguing lyrics to go along with some fresh new creative beats, something I'm sure you guys would really love.
    Check out their myspace and let me know what you think about the band.
    myspace.com/flobots

Take Care Ya'll,
    Jon
    UMGD

Last edited: May 5, 2008
    barnes80

barnes80 Well-Known Member

hey thanks
    i heard this song on the ride home the other night and have been meaning to look up the band but keep forgetting but you did the work for me :)

im not really sure if i like it or not...
    Im listening to Stand Up right now on their myspace and although im not exactly a fan of hip hop, i do enjoy hip hop with good messages and thought ie With Hands Held High so i may wean into this.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

I really like that song 'handlebars' but I found the rest of the album is quite of mediocre.

barnes80

barnes80 Well-Known Member

yah after further listening i just kinda found the album to be very repetitive and dull. It seems every song is just saying the same thing. Idk, maybe just me, but Handlebars defiantly stands out from the rest as a much more powerful and meaningful peace so i think I'll five star that one in iTunes and ignore the rest.

jonspeaks22

jonspeaks22 Banned

Yeah handlebars is my favorite song off that album, maybe the rest will grow on me