A Mike Shinoda Solo Album?

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

Nas? no dont think so.

since mikes done a lot of stuff with jay-z, hes already picked which side hes gonna be on. ;) (if you know what imean)

Cale.

Cale. Banned

I don't think Mike has anough Vocal power to do a solo album.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

Nas? no dont think so.

since mikes done a lot of stuff with jay-z, hes already picked which side hes gonna be on. ;) (if you know what imean) [/b][/quote]
    haha i know what u mean.. but nas owns jay-z.. sure nas fell off after illmatic and jay took over.. but when jay went at nas, nas killed jay and ended the feud and at that same time made a great album (stillmatic) and showed who "the king of new york" is.. :p ..haha sorry about that stupid rant.. im a nas whore..
    but i was just sayin how itd be cool if mike put some of his favorite emcees of all time on there.. obviously nas wont get on a mike shinoda track.. but i just brought up the idea..

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Hell yah that would be wicked Mos Def and Kweli, I can totally see him doing a track with Jay-Z and Kanye too, now that would blow my mind. Especially if he let Kanye produce it, can you say straight to number 1? [/b][/quote]
    Well, I'm sure Mike is going to do some producing of his own, seeing as that's how he's gonna get back to his roots in the first place.

But Kanye would rock with Mike big time, no doubt about that.

Added to the list should be Chali, again, just having J5 in the mix would be awesome.

I think this will help bring more people into LP's music, so going solo is all good.

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

Mf doom or Atmosphere would also be nice.
    Nas he wouldn't do that , he's friends with jay,
    2na is a friend from mike so probably he will be on ,same as Jay.
    If there's gonna be a track with Kanye it would a musical explosion

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Well, I'm sure Mike is going to do some producing of his own, seeing as that's how he's gonna get back to his roots in the first place.

But Kanye would rock with Mike big time, no doubt about that.

Added to the list should be Chali, again, just having J5 in the mix would be awesome.

I think this will help bring more people into LP's music, so going solo is all good. [/b][/quote]
    Oh yah there is no problem with them going solo at all. Its jsut that I hate it when there is atlak aobut solo projects and the only tihng that people seem to come up with is the fact that the band is gonna break up. Or you get people making posts like "OMG this is so bad" but dont back it up. It just bugs the hell out of me hearing this kind of speculation from the media or anyone.

Anyways yah Chali would be a great on a track too but I'd like to see more than just him from J5 appear on the album, a couple guys form J5 would be great if not all of em and just make one long track, something that LP doesn't know how to do. If I'm not mistkaen their longest song is like SIB or ITE and it clocks in aorund 3:36.

EvilDude

EvilDude Well-Known Member

I say Mike can do that easily.

From songs like Dedicated, Part of Me, And One, Carousel, I think he clearly shows more than enough skill to handle vocals easily.

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

umm i think you mean nas is NOT friends with jay lol ;)

Nas>jay-z.....but i dont think theres much in it.

dont forget jay also killed nas on "the Take Over" and when jay-z called him out for a battle nas backed down for some unknown reason, and that didnt look too good for nas when the feud was really heatinh up.

BTW nickle9 i heard some verses from the illmatic were apparently written by cormega and not nas. And also on the song "affirmative action" nas's verse was written by cormega....i duno if its true though.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Both good and bad. Mike is awesome, but it will delay the new LP album :/

Mushroom Cloud

Mushroom Cloud Well-Known Member

I think Mike has one of the coolest voices in rap! Its all deep and raspy.........and he can rip a fast rap when he wants to......Esaul and And One for example

BongKong

BongKong Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong a Mike Shinoda solo record would be amazing but I think they should concentrate more on working together as a band. When an artist goes solo there is that risk of a possible band break up or you might not here about the band as often. Look at No Doubt, Destinys Child, and D-12. I would hate to see Linkin Park take a break for solo careers.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

i dont really wanna keep this goin in this mike solo album forum BUT.. nas said when jay did the take over, he didnt understand why he did it and nas said he wasnt gonna respond.. so u could say thats backing down.. but he did come back eventually with some freestyles and ether off stillmatic..
    but as far as the ghost writing goes.. i never heard anything about that on illmatic but i could believe that its true cormega did something.. oh well..
    about jay-z.. whats with the complete style change from pre-reasonable doubt to reasonable doubt and on..

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Destiny's Child had two members get very successful, then they got back together and made another hit record.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Isnt it kinda logical that you dont hear from the band when someone's gone solo? :lol:

It would be awesome though, same as Chester's one but i hope it wont push the album back to late 2006

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

I pray that this will not affect the next LP album.

LP4ever

LP4ever Well-Known Member

in my opinion, mike and chester have the common ground, and mike really knows that he belongs to the band 'cause he's the one who started it in the first hand, so even he has the solo album, he will not leave the band.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I know a Chester or Mike solo album would sell well, and probably make millions, but I don't see either one of them holding the album up by themselves, you know what I mean?

I believe that the reason both Chester & Mike seem almost godly in Linkin Park is because they can play off each others strengths and weaknesses. If either went solo, while it'd still be good probably, it still wouldn't be the same, since I don't think Chester or Mike could be a successful stand-alone solo act. I think both of them need each other to make good albums.

That being said, if this happens, I hope Mike has some collaborations with some good emcees, and if the Chester one happens, here's hoping he goes down the less chosen path: metal/industrial. Let's face it, okay? Chester fucking made that "Queen of the Damned" OST with his semi-industrial track.

shinodalove

shinodalove New Member

I think that this will be great for the band. With the rumors of Chaz doing a solo album and all what else is Mike supposed to do?? I think the whole idea of the double thing where both Mike and Chaz's solo disks come to be in a thing like Outkasts is fricking awesome! I mean come on, it will help ease the tension of the fans (and these rumors). And Linkin Park (as a band) covers up each members creative ablity. They need a chance to express themselve with out making it have a "Rock Feel". Not changeing it for Joe or Chaz or Mike or whatever. I think this will do the band good, if not unite them even more. So everyone that is worried, take a breather!! :whistle: And not only am I extremely excited about Mike's solo album, I am also curious to hear what Chaz can come up with. If you have heard any stuff from Grey Daze, the band Chaz was in BEFORE Linkin Park, you will know what Im talking about. I Just want something new to come out from Linkin Park, I NEED IT! I live on thier music. :mike: But nothing will be better than the ORIGINAL Linkin Park. Mike, Chaz, and the entire gang. I Love you Linkin Park!

~Shinodalove~

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

And why shouldn't they show that on the next album? They can express their talents in their own way.

damotherofevil

damotherofevil Well-Known Member

maybe its a rumour... i just can say we'll see

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.