A Problem

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by Luke, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    ahamLP

ahamLP Well-Known Member

I'd lock that topic too if It were on my forum.
    Pointless, IMO also. ;) [/b][/quote]
    Well well,u would also have locked it? even after reading my reply here,woww then there is surely something wrong.I hope poeple here know the difference between opinion and truth(opinion can be truth and not always the truth).The reason given to lock the thread is the person's opinion and above all another guy had said that those things were cool(Why are popele here so against anybody who creates new things even my thread think b4 u think got comments which has made this feeling even stronger)

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

There's a level in which there must be a "point" to your post. Not to say your opinion is pointless, but the thread you posted for example was completely pointless. First off, if you're going to type half-ass, you deserve the insults for being so lazy. Someone shouldn't have to inform another as it's pretty logical and if you're confused, you shouldn't have to go searching for some randomly posted thread in which explains the most pointless discussions, ever.

I would suggest before you post, you take a minute to look over your post. Anything you post here will likely be seen by another and there will be replies depending. Like everything in life, anything you say runs the risk of actions, no matter what. By posting what you do, you should already know the consiquences, you should know what could happen to that post. That doesn't mean to "fear" anything you think should be posted, but I suggest if in fact you are going to post such things, you have a stronger reason rather to "just fill people in."

The staff knows what threads have points and which don't and if in fact we make a mistake, I think we're pretty good at fixing them, but your example, AhamLP, is a perfect example of a pointless thread. In which you have posted should be known by logic, and to those who dare type like that or don't understand get what they deserve. We were all new at one point and didn't understand "internet slang," but that doesn't mean that one should have to look up a thread instead of just asking in a thread like Random Thoughts. Your thread executed inaccurately and pin pointed pointless-ness in which can be solved in quicker fashions. Please, if you have another thread you feel has been unjustly closed, do so and point us in the direction of such a post.

Remember that this is a forum. A forum should be taken with clear consideration of it's consiquences. By no means does this disreguard your opinion, but you did not express an opinion in the thread you have given as an example. You simply tried to inform us of lazy translative typing and it's unnecessary. Again, I've explained why, and you should understand this by now. However, had you included something as Derek did in the Newbie camp which introduced the rules, it's typing and all that in an entirety with stronger backbone, then it wouldn't have been closed, but the fact you informed us of things that are irrelevant to being really helpful, it's our job to keep the forums as clean as possible. By that I mean if we know you can find your answer quicker, or we know there are alternatives, then we will close it--it's part of the reason we're moderators.

So again, if you have another thread you'd like to present as proof of an unjustly moderative action, please do so, but from this standpoint, I see no wrong in a staff member's action, and this is an unbias decision--even Tomi agrees it was pointless, so there is neutral word against your thread thus I suggest if you feel strongly about this that you give us another example.

Hope this has been helpful.

ahamLP

ahamLP Well-Known Member

Well,1st things 1st Thanx very much for replying with such a big reply and making me feel better.I understood whatever u tried to tell me,I understand the responsibilty of a moderator too, so to an extent I'm convinced with ur reply,but at the same time I still have some doubts which I want to share here, that u have said those thing will encourage laziness which is true,but nobody finds anything wrong writing 'you' as 'u' and 'are' as 'r',I just thought that those words can be written the way I've said, its upto the people to decide wether its good or bad,and I have never ever said that hey dont say my thoughts are bad,but just said it would have been better if u had kept the thread open and let the interested people voice their opinion,thats it,but I guess that thread was bit pointless,but wait coz all those stuff were created by me,so dont u think there should some place for creativity here(u r wondering why I use this word so often but then that is the truth that I created those things),but after reading ur reply I guess I shouldnt complain about it.anyways thanx very much for telling some important things.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

You cant justify your typing, so dont even try. Its NOT creativity, its just being flat out lazy. Plus it becomes impossible to take a person seriously if they type like that.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

And while we're at being lazy typing... put some apostrophes in that post :lol:

But I agree, I think I haven't experienced any harsh feelings from any Supermembers or the like (except Casey... :whistle: ) but when it does happen, you can tell it's fake. Supermembers are BAAAAAD actors.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

And while we're at being lazy typing... put some apostrophes in that post :lol:

But I agree, I think I haven't experienced any harsh feelings from any Supermembers or the like (except Casey... :whistle: ) but when it does happen, you can tell it's fake. Supermembers are BAAAAAD actors. [/b][/quote]
    :lol: Pwn3d.

Yeah. We suck at acting.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

ur words are really close to the truth..... okmabye not, im not me im minime ok??

thats bad acting.
    i gave a really bad example. yes i know im lieing.

its nobodys fault that non of us are perfect. they try hard, sorta.
    sometimes you just cant explain anything.

this,is a froum with real ordiary people, or thats just what we want u to think.
    we all have oppinons on everything, and our judgement, who are we to base u oppinon on?
    sometimes most of us think its bad, or some people thinks its good. like a chef salad (if u had it) its all differnt
    so tryin to stick back to the topic, U MUST STATES THE"point" OF UR TOPIC or we will most likey lose intersest, most of u should have lost interest by now.

hence,
    stick to your point and and reread this topic DO IT NOW!

Kæton

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude or anything, but... was that just a question/complaint...? ... Or was that just your two cents...? :blink:

ahamLP

ahamLP Well-Known Member

I think the whole thing is going nowhere because(I could have written coz here but you pople will point fingers for doing that) the reason for me posting that thread was to tell others that those words can also be written in the way I've written and not as you have understood that I posted the thread to encourage laziness,because in the first place I didnt use those things in any other thread, but made a new thread saying this is how those words can be written. About you saying its just NOT creativity I am really sorry that I've tell you the basic thing what creativity means, creativity is creating something new in its simplest definition,and those things are new and created by me,so you saying its not creativity is not correct. If you didnt like what I had written in the post I accept your opinion humbly.

Kæton

The only problem with your reason is that you didn't create those slangs/half-ass typing styles. Those have been around for as long as I can remember... even I used to type like that and that was many, many years ago. Just because you make a thread on it doesn't mean you created it nor does it justify any creativity what-so-ever. To me, that thread was informing, I saw of no creativity in your post. And yes, I'm pretty sure I know what creativity should hold as... I get paid to be creative. :wth:

ahamLP

ahamLP Well-Known Member

Hello I asked that to another person and not to you,sorry but I never asked you if you know what creativity was,I think you misunderstood me,anyways lemme make it clear I CREATED THOSE THINGS,I dont know if they existed before I really created them,if so I cant help it because it is a FACT that I created them,if at all you had seen them before, I dunno anything about that,because as far as I am concerned I came to know about them BY MYSELF and not by copying as you have accused me,and why would I post it if I hadnt created them,why? dont you think I would have feared of being caught by people here if they came to know that I had copied them,and if you had seen those things anywhere please tell me where,I would like to know.Thank you

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Hello I asked that to another person and not to you,sorry but I never asked you if you know what creativity was,I think you misunderstood me,anyways lemme make it clear I CREATED THOSE THINGS,I dont know if they existed before I really created them,if so I cant help it because it is a FACT that I created them,if at all you had seen them before, I dunno anything about that,because as far as I am concerned I came to know about them BY MYSELF and not by copying as you have accused me,and why would I post it if I hadnt created them,why? dont you think I would have feared of being caught by people here if they came to know that I had copied them,and if you had seen those things anywhere please tell me where,I would like to know.Thank you [/b][/quote]
    Are you really that ignorant? That stupid little shortening thing has existed since the internet was created. DO NOT think for one second that you made all of that up, because you simply did not. Everyone else here will agree. You lose.

Kæton

Good place to look for your "creations" would be in chatrooms world wide. People have been replacing letters for others for a long, long, LONG, time. If you didn't know, you know now and should accept the fact what you "created" has been "created" before. No matter if you knew it before hand or not, your "creation" is no longer unique if it's been done before. This is something you should already know. If you were to invent something, but someone had already gotten a patent for it, and were selling it on the market, would you be able to get a patent for it? Absolutely not. It's already been done and that's where the loss of any unique form goes.

You can argue this all you want, but the fact still remains that your creation was not anything new to a majority audience. Had that thread stayed open, you probably would have gotten similar replies. Like I said, there was nothing more to it than just... expressing to us your typing form. This does not in fact have much of a point, especially when there is nothing more to it. I am not degrading it, but it wasn't used in any way, and what do you expect people to say about how you type? "Oh, that's very genious of you, I think I'll type like that on my next English essay"? I don't mean to sound rude, and by all means express yourself, but like I told you in the other reply, this subject in which you're fighting for has been closed. The example you have given has not proven us much aside from the fact you're trying to be creative.

We do not control your knowledge, that, of course we must admit to, but that is no excuse as to have it acceptable to have pointless threads all over these forums with the excuse of creativity. Again, there was lack of much creativity with your post, and I only replied because I know the answer you were looking for--or the right answer. Another basic rule of the forums. If you wanted just Nate's opinion, you should have PMed him instead. PM afterall, stands for private message.

Also, I didn't accuse you of copying anything. I simply stated it was done before thus cancelling any creativity. If you want to show your creativity, do it through poetry or a drawing--don't do it through how you type or how you've found ways to stop typing correctly.

ahamLP

ahamLP Well-Known Member

I honestly dont know how much this conversation will go on,but I would like ask not only you but everybody here: What do you expect me to do,I created them(cant that be possible) and now some people are saying that those things existed from long long ago,so does that mean that I never created them,how can that be possible cause as for as I conciously know I did create them,and dont you know Calculus a branch of Mathematics was invented simultaneously and independently by Lebnitz and Newton who lived in two different countries.so now you poeple will brand one of them as creative and another as non-creative(this is jus an example),Ok lemme make it simpler, consider that you have created something new and one day you come to know that it existed long before you created it,so does that mean you didnt create that thing just because someone else created it before?? I dont know what more to say about it,neither I wont trouble the people here anymore,and about me being creative check the writer's cove and I hope that will answer all your questions,and please tell me where can I know that those things existed long before coz its really important for me.

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

Even though you came up with an idea, there is the possibility that millions of others came up with that same idea before you. And whether or not you created something shouldn't be the matter at hand here. People on forums prefer others to type with correct grammar and punctuation because it simply makes it easier to understand what one is trying to say.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Even though you came up with an idea, there is the possibility that millions of others came up with that same idea before you. And whether or not you created something shouldn't be the matter at hand here. People on forums prefer others to type with correct grammar and punctuation because it simply makes it easier to understand what one is trying to say. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah I'd agree with that

Perhaps you created a few new ones but you can't say you created all of them,saying something like that is just ridiculous :rolleyes:

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

Yeah I'd agree with that

Perhaps you created a few new ones but you can't say you created all of them,saying something like that is just ridiculous :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    This whole ordeal is ridiculous.

Not to mention :offtopic:

Kæton

This only continues because you don't seem to understand the whole point of what I'm trying to say: Get over it and move on.

No matter what you lead yourself to believe, it won't change what has been done. I ask how you can relate calculus to how people type. Calculus and other forms of mathmatics have much more to it, and they have branched from many years of study. Are you telling me you studied words for many years only to come up with shortcuts like "u's" to mean "use" when in fact they're both three characters long and take the exact same amount of time to type depending on how much you know the keyboard?

I never wanted to have to break down your little creation, but I suggest you just learn to accept the fact there wasn't much unique-ness to your "creation" and move on. For the sake of yourself and LPA, just move on and accept it, please!

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

I don't know what this arguement is even about? Creativity? :lol:

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

Can everyone please, please, PLEASE, move on now? This is so far off the original topic that it's not even funny.

--

This thread appears to be exactly what it's name suggests: A Problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.